What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

@swisstony ... You did what?! How dare you do that to those lush seats? As a punishment you are hereby summoned to remove those seats and give them to me! :rofl:

On a serious note: it is what we call a stroke of genius! looks like it just came out the factory like that.

and you could gather interest in the stickers as i'm quite sure some will want them too, you could actually supply them for those interested ;)

Last edited:
@swisstony ... You did what?! How dare you do that to those lush seats? As a punishment you are hereby summoned to remove those seats and give them to me! :rofl:

On a serious note: it is what we call a stroke of genius! looks like it just came out the factory like that.

and you could gather interest in the stickers as i'm quite sure some will want them too, you could actually supply them for those interested ;)
LOL , sure I will remove them if you give me £4k :)

Glad you like them, I did a post on FB the other day and got inundated with people asking where they were from. Funnily enough I saw them at German car festival and tracked down the guy who makes them in the US. He is very good and makes all different designs, not just RS4, S line, S3/S4 etc, basically any car that has the embossed/stamped in the seats. I just point people his way

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
What about the comfort recaro’s, nay look good on mine.

Reactions: swisstony
i just remembered i had to go and grab a cigarette lighter... yes i got the socket in use for my phone charger but i also still smoke cigarettes... don't get e wrong the car came with one but it is goosed... literally the spiral bit in the bottom that gets hot has completely rusted off, so i needed a new one... now i could pay an arm and a leg at audi or just grab on from halfords for 5 pound... i did the latter simply because an oem one is way more expensive and I'll only use it if i forget to take a lighter with me... (i don't like smoking in the car anyway, but it does happen on certain occasions) oww and for that 5 pounds i also got a new 12v socket... so i can replace the old rusty one when the OCD kicks in again... at the moment it's nicely at bay so i'm in no hurry to replace it. oww and for your info the halfords one is a direct fit so no need to replace the socket other than being OCD.

i just remembered i had to go and grab a cigarette lighter... yes i got the socket in use for my phone charger but i also still smoke cigarettes... don't get e wrong the car came with one but it is goosed... literally the spiral bit in the bottom that gets hot has completely rusted off, so i needed a new one... now i could pay an arm and a leg at audi or just grab on from halfords for 5 pound... i did the latter simply because an oem one is way more expensive and I'll only use it if i forget to take a lighter with me... (i don't like smoking in the car anyway, but it does happen on certain occasions) oww and for that 5 pounds i also got a new 12v socket... so i can replace the old rusty one when the OCD kicks in again... at the moment it's nicely at bay so i'm in no hurry to replace it. oww and for your info the halfords one is a direct fit so no need to replace the socket other than being OCD.
I also smoke but make a habit of not in the car unless it is a 4 hour journey and stuck in traffic. On a motorway!! Never had the actual cigarette socket thing in mine as it is always used for charging so might do the same as you ( just in case !!! )

Reactions: northpole
You would.think that in those days they'd give you at least 2 12v sockets in the front...but no... I might just add the other socket just because there is only one in the front and not where I would like to have it either...

Hi Everyone, Today my car has had a new tandem pump, gasket and fuel filter, plus a new turbo actuator installed and configured as well as the turbo vanes cleaned. The benefit of this work has finally resolved a long standing judder issue (and failure to boost) and cured a problem with contaminated fuel being returned to the fuel tank. I saw a sample of the fuel that was held in the fuel filter and it was black. Also noticable was the crunch that was becoming obvious when selecting first gear has now been eliminated. Apparantly, this is another wonder of replacing the tandem pump.

I also paid for an inspection/diagnosis on a slight knocking sound on the front drivers side wheel area which also, at long last has been found to be associated with the front anti-roll bar being cross threaded and damaged by a recent temporary removal which has provided food for thought in that area now.

I have to go out later which involves a drive down the motorway and I'm looking forward to it at last.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Avant, Charlie Farley, swisstony and 1 other person
I also smoke but make a habit of not in the car unless it is a 4 hour journey and stuck in traffic. On a motorway!! Never had the actual cigarette socket thing in mine as it is always used for charging so might do the same as you ( just in case !!! )
Best try and get off them chap, they will do you no favours.:sorry:

Reactions: northpole and swisstony
LOL , sure I will remove them if you give me £4k :)

Glad you like them, I did a post on FB the other day and got inundated with people asking where they were from. Funnily enough I saw them at German car festival and tracked down the guy who makes them in the US. He is very good and makes all different designs, not just RS4, S line, S3/S4 etc, basically any car that has the embossed/stamped in the seats. I just point people his way
Can you point me in his direction? :yes:

That has just reminded me @swisstony , how did you get on with replacing those front suspension arms etc parts in the end?

That has just reminded me @swisstony , how did you get on with replacing those front suspension arms etc parts in the end?
mmmm lets just say my son has not had time to help his old man and so the box is still sitting in the hallway . But its ok he found time to come around last weekend so I could help him fit his new wheels on his car. ****** gen-z. :suspicion:

Reactions: northpole and Dan_G
Ditched that piece of tiptronic gearbox and thrown it to junkyard where it belongs. 6 speed manual swap almost complete, just need some coding to the ecu/abs units done, connect the reverse lights and were pretty much done. Almost a months worth work, battling trough all the minor issues that came up, but now i see the light at the end of the tunel ☝️.

Attachments

• 20230614_161919.jpg
    20230614_161919.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 20230921_162210.jpg
    20230921_162210.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20230921_162029.jpg
    20230921_162029.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: tr7, Rob Avant, northpole and 1 other person
Ditched that piece of tiptronic gearbox and thrown it to junkyard where it belongs. 6 speed manual swap almost complete, just need some coding to the ecu/abs units done, connect the reverse lights and were pretty much done. Almost a months worth work, battling trough all the minor issues that came up, but now i see the light at the end of the tunel ☝️.
All these retro fits take way longer than anticipated with issues to address along the way.
good work so far chap. :yahoo:

Reactions: northpole and TOM.S
All these retro fits take way longer than anticipated with issues to address along the way.
good work so far chap. :yahoo:
It's the lack knowledge most of the time, to be honest, figuring things out on the go.Anyways.. it's the best mod done to the car so far

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
It's still a job you have taken on yourself with some help from friends so still counts in my book.:thumbs up:

Reactions: TOM.S and northpole
Lol I just fixed mine it's just a fwd car so no need for a manual especially not since I did all the reading up on how to actually fix it. I even made a how2 for it. And in the end I just bought a replacement TCM pricey but still cheaper and easier than retrofitting a manual gearbox.... I also prefer the auto over the manual, it makes for really relaxed trips, especially when traffic is busy.

But to be fair the next one will be a quattro 2.0T BUL manual with all the options I want already in place... so I can spend my time getting more power out of it by adding some bolt on parts and the needed remap afterwards.

Reactions: TOM.S
Lol I just fixed mine it's just a fwd car so no need for a manual especially not since I did all the reading up on how to actually fix it. I even made a how2 for it. And in the end I just bought a replacement TCM pricey but still cheaper and easier than retrofitting a manual gearbox.... I also prefer the auto over the manual, it makes for really relaxed trips, especially when traffic is busy.

But to be fair the next one will be a quattro 2.0T BUL manual with all the options I want already in place... so I can spend my time getting more power out of it by adding some bolt on parts and the needed remap afterwards.
There is a big option list chap, what sort of options were you thinking .

And in the end I just bought a replacement TCM pricey but still cheaper and easier than retrofitting a manual gearbox....
I actually have given a thought on fixing the tiptronic trans when it broke down, but was quoted to be around €1600+ depending on the severity of the issue, and there still wouldnt be a guarrantee that it would last long enough before totaly giving up, since it came from a car with 349k on the clocks.The manual conversion have so far cost me just over €1100 with a brand new clutch kit included,new oil for the manual trans and the 6 speed trans from my old car which covered about 220k on the clocks. I will still have to pay my local autoelectrician for the coding/reverse light job, but it won't get anywhere near the price of fixing the tiptronic
And most importantly I really missed the manual shifting:blahblah1:

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
I actually have given a thought on fixing the tiptronic trans when it broke down, but was quoted to be around €1600+ depending on the severity of the issue, and there still wouldnt be a guarrantee that it would last long enough before totaly giving up, since it came from a car with 349k on the clocks.The manual conversion have so far cost me just over €1100 with a brand new clutch kit included,new oil for the manual trans and the 6 speed trans from my old car which covered about 220k on the clocks. I will still have to pay my local autoelectrician for the coding/reverse light job, but it won't get anywhere near the price of fixing the tiptronic
And most importantly I really missed the manual shifting:blahblah1:
I have to say, given the array of gearbox choices I'm in the manual camp, I've always been a big fan of the manual gearbox and always will be, unless autos become compulsory I'll always be a manual owner, just my preference:yes:.

Reactions: Rob Avant and northpole
I had a Tiptronic Porsche 968 sport, which seemed like a good idea at the time but was a big letdown compared to the manual version, also flipping expensive when they go wrong which i found out soon after purchase.
You live and learn , sometimes the hard way..

Reactions: TOM.S and northpole
B7 Manual S-line avant quattro, sunroof, satnav, black leather interior + heated seats, bt handsfree, sport pedals incl footrest, xenon headlights without the orange indicator lens, phantom black tinted rear wimdows , parking sensors and 19 inch wheels rs4 or rotors... not to much really
BUL engine 220bhp version with the oil pump and cam follower allready done...

Basically the car I had lined up but the sale didn't happen.

Not in a hurry right now as I will bring the one I have now up to near perfection first. I just know exactly what I want and won't be getting anything less than that to replace the current one...

I don't want a b8 or b8.5 as me and the MMI don't get along at all (I absolutely hate it) but do like the seats better.

I'd love a sunroof, its one of my favorite options, sadly never found the right car at the right time with one fitted.
The clear corner headlamps factory fitment was from a specific mm/yy so newer models are most likely candidates.

B7 Manual S-line avant quattro, sunroof, satnav, black leather interior + heated seats, bt handsfree, sport pedals incl footrest, xenon headlights without the orange indicator lens, phantom black tinted rear wimdows , parking sensors and 19 inch wheels rs4 or rotors... not to much really
BUL engine 220bhp version with the oil pump and cam follower allready done...

Basically the car I had lined up but the sale didn't happen.

Not in a hurry right now as I will bring the one I have now up to near perfection first. I just know exactly what I want and won't be getting anything less than that to replace the current one...

I don't want a b8 or b8.5 as me and the MMI don't get along at all (I absolutely hate it) but do like the seats better.
I'll sell you mine at the right price once the engine upgrades are done.:whistle2:

With all this talk about gearboxes, I totally forgot what I was going to write..lol

My Quad tips are coming off in the next few weeks to be replaced by something a bit different.
Will stick them in classifieds once off, if anyones wants a set, with back boxes.
IMG 3312

I have to say, given the array of gearbox choices I'm in the manual camp, I've always been a big fan of the manual gearbox and always will be, unless autos become compulsory I'll always be a manual owner, just my preference:yes:.
Yes so am I but since I needed a car and the one I wanted fell through I just bought the next available avant that was nearer to home. I didn't pay to much for it knowing I needed to fix the multitronic and a few little things like a sagging roofliner.

But since I had the refurbished tcm module recoded I told them to add the flappy pedals too so soon I shall add a flapy pedal steeringwheel to it making even easier work of taking control of the gears.

Oww and for the repair I spend about 600 pounds that includes the oil filter gaskets and replacement TCM.

Ps my gearbox had only done just over 100k miles so there is loads of live left in it. Especially now since I don't drive to many miles anymore.

Reactions: TOM.S
Changed out the bump stops on the rear shocks yesterday, the old ones were wrecked, needed doing badly. Gave the shocks a quick clean up whilst doing it.
IMG 2164

Reactions: Rob Avant, TOM.S, northpole and 2 others
Big improvement, they all go eventually.

Reactions: Gmac and northpole
Got hit by a truck, thank god its an Audi..
b6b6165908fbe62c5bc3abe887de01a7.jpg

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: Rob Avant and Charlie Farley