What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

If you are doing a catch tank then before you fit it all , remove the valve cover and give it a good old clean through, you be amazed at the amount of crud that builds up in all the pcv vent passage ways etc, allways good to start with as fresh & clean system as possible.
Running a dual setup on my old bus has made a big improvement .

I need to change the valve cover gasket anyway so will give it all a good clean and fit the catch can at the same time. I've seen the pics of your dual can set up. Looks really good. I might look into doing that myself in the future.

I also ordered the rear valance that you started a thread on recently as well, couldn't resist ha ha.

My valve cover gasket had been leaking around a few of the bolt holes and the front edge above the turbo for sometime but I just never got round to it, when I came to undo them all the bolts were only hand tight, didn't need to use a socket handle just the torx bit...after the cover was off the gasket was so dried out it and had shrunk it just snapped into pieces.
My old bus used to puff a bit off smoke when driving " properly" lol , now with both tanks all that has stopped completely, also does run a lot smoother aswell, a very crisp throttle response now which I didn't have before, maybe just a combination off things, very happy with it all the same.

need to get outside and finish the DV relocate really, but its warmer and drier indoors ...

I’m going to change the valve cover gasket, oil/filter and fit the catch can at the same time. But like you said it’s drier and warmer indoors at the moment!

I picked up a brand new Forge recirculating DV cheap. That’s the next mod after the can.

Then I’ve got a new clutch and SMF, Evolution Raceworks SMIC upgrade with 034 hoses, APR hpfp with new cam follower, S3 injectors, 034 HFC, Milltek resonated cat back and funk motorsport turbo blanket to fit while I save some funds for a hybrid turbo.

Also got new coil packs, spark plugs, fuel filter, thermostat and water pump to go on at some point as well. Going to be busy over the next few weekends. Weather permitting!

Reactions: Dani_B19
that's a fair old pile of goodies chap, some nice bits.
I'm still tempted to go with a K04 or similar but the total cost of all the parts then another remap just add up to be too much, and I don't normally have an issue with emptying my wallet..lol
I think I may just do a FMIC and a final remap for now , my old bus is on 270bhp at present and still with the original clutch , I don't really fancy getting into a new clutch just yet either , so best to just make the most of what resources I have at present really.

Last edited:
Do you get any slip when you put the power down on the standard clutch at that power?

My clutch is on its way out so thought I may as well upgrade it. I bought the south bend stage 3 that was for sale on here. I only use the car on weekends so not worried if it’s a lot harder.

I picked most of the parts up on eBay/forums at reasonable prices. Keeping my eyes peeled for a K03 hybrid now. If nothing comes up I’m gonna give Beach Buggy Turbos a call.

I had a few slips a few years back when the engine was factory 220 bhp but nothing since, my old bus is on approx. 65k miles now and on the original so a few miles left, Quattro clutch replacements are a tad more expensive aswell from a labour side of things.

I’m at about 127k Miles on my stock clutch and still going strong. Pushing 400hp and it still performs. However, I’ve never one single time dumped the clutch in 1st gear. First and second gear roles all day but never just rev and dump.

With that being said I have a full stage 3 Southbend setup that I’ve just been to lazy to install since it will take a few hours to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@i3oricua I read your build thread a while back. Great set up. Good power on stock internals.

I may go BT and forged internals. Depends how quickly I get bored with the stage 3 hybrid set up.

@i3oricua I read your build thread a while back. Great set up. Good power on stock internals.

I may go BT and forged internals. Depends how quickly I get bored with the stage 3 hybrid set up.

@Dan_Avant Thanks! I have the forged parts in the garage tucked away along with a spare block to put it all in but I haven’t really committed to taking it to a shop to get honed and balanced yet. Maybe in the spring. Likely in the spring. Right now my goal is to get the car running a little better. I’m still on an unfinished tune and making great power. I have an appointment on 5 February to get the final tune worked out and I’m pretty anxious to get to the date.

Quattro clutch replacements are a tad more expensive aswell from a labour side of things.

Can you elaborate on what exactly makes them a tad more expensive as they are basically the same gearbox apart from a rear driveshaft output that isn’t going to add anything but a few quid at most?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake
Its not so much the parts Carl, it's the darn labour cost for a clutch replacement on a Quattro , I was quoted by a decent indy a year ago £800 and that's was with me supplying the clutch , so all in £1200 - £1300 fitted.

not sure how much the 2wd work out at but it is nowhere near that sort of price

The differences.....

They are basically the exact same housing, internals and everything apart from the driveshaft coming out of the rear.

Can you elaborate on what exactly makes them a tad more expensive as they are basically the same gearbox apart from a rear driveshaft output that isn’t going to add anything but a few quid at most?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just found the quote , £1195.00 inc vat fitted for a Quattro clutch and DMF , that's was 12months ago.

just found the quote , £1195.00 inc vat fitted for a Quattro clutch and DMF , that's was 12months ago.

If you ever want to tackle it on your own let me know and I can get you on a lift and even lend a hand. Probably take 4 or 5 hours but it would only cost about £40 to rent the space. Or you could pay me and I’d do it for you for a lot less than the shop.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Dani_B19 and martin1984
I think you’ll find its about the same cost for some FWD kits also. My clutch alone is twice the price of the 140 FWD and on further looking into it it’s basically the same clutch as on the Quattro.

I still can’t see what the differences are though apart the parts involved to handle the extra power.

I have no issues doing it , but without a lift etc its not really the best way to do the job, yes its doable on ramps etc but better on a lift, or I could pay you to do it and i'd help by making the tea...lol

I've done a fair few on vans, car and tractors , but sometimes it is just nice to have done for you.....but without the expense..

I think you’ll find its about the same cost for some FWD kits also. My clutch alone is twice the price of the 140 FWD and on further looking into it it’s basically the same clutch as on the Quattro.

I still can’t see what the differences are though apart the parts involved to handle the extra power.

extra parts to remove carl , stuff like that maybe, I don't know as I've not done an A4 Quattro clutch before, so have to be guided by others that have.
indy said they needed 6-8 hour to do it , so that maybe accounts for the labour cost being high.

If you ever want to tackle it on your own let me know and I can get you on a lift and even lend a hand. Probably take 4 or 5 hours but it would only cost about £40 to rent the space. Or you could pay me and I’d do it for you for a lot less than the shop.

Can you do TTs and if so how much would you want for it? Mrs needs her clutch (& flywheel & slave cyl) doing on her 2001 225 quattro...

Can you do TTs and if so how much would you want for it? Mrs needs her clutch (& flywheel & slave cyl) doing on her 2001 225 quattro...

I’ve never worked on a TT but the concept should be the same. Obviously I’d do research before starting but I imagine it not being terribly difficult. Just time consuming because of how Audi places bolts and makes you use specialty tools.

I’ve never worked on a TT but the concept should be the same. Obviously I’d do research before starting but I imagine it not being terribly difficult. Just time consuming because of how Audi places bolts and makes you use specialty tools.

My needs doing a4 tdi 56 clutch and dmf im midlands if you can do??

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

extra parts to remove carl , stuff like that maybe, I don't know as I've not done an A4 Quattro clutch before, so have to be guided by others that have.
indy said they needed 6-8 hour to do it , so that maybe accounts for the labour cost being high.

The Quattro does add time because of the driveshaft. The driveshaft makes you have to remove the down pipe at the car which 2wd can probably get away with not doing. And obviously you have to remove the driveshaft. There’s some bolts on the top of the bell housing that are hard to reach too and almost have to feel your way blindly for them.

Reactions: Charlie Farley

Yeah there’s not a lot of room in the TT bay. Just looking round for prices at the moment, place in Colchester has quoted £950 for the whole lot done.

The Quattro does add time because of the driveshaft. The driveshaft makes you have to remove the down pipe at the cat which 2wd can probably get away with not doing. And obviously you have to remove the driveshaft. There’s some bolts on the top of the bell housing that are hard to reach too and almost have to feel your way blindly for them.

I imagine that includes parts?

Yep including all parts. I imagine the labour cost is about £450 of it which didn’t seem too bad really given that it looks like a bit of a pita.

looks like you're in hot demand now chap.....

Haha. I’d be more apt to help if someone needs or wants it. I really only have Sundays to work on cars since I have to take my son to practice on Saturdays in Basildon which is an all day affair. I wouldn’t mind making a little money on the side but it would require me taking some time off work in the middle of the week. The only way I’d do that type of work is on a lift which luckily I have access to.

Yep including all parts. I imagine the labour cost is about £450 of it which didn’t seem too bad really given that it looks like a bit of a pita.

That’s not bad all. About £100 per hour which seems about normal for that job.

Reactions: LawrenceH
I’ve been quoted £360 inc VAT to fit my clutch and flywheel by my local garage. Looks like that’s a really good price. Might just pay him to do it and save myself the hassle!

@i3oricua what forged internals have you gone for? I know stock rods are good for 350 (more than that in your case!). What are stock pistons good for?

I’ve been quoted £360 inc VAT to fit my clutch and flywheel by my local garage. Looks like that’s a really good price. Might just pay him to do it and save myself the hassle!

@i3oricua what forged internals have you gone for? I know stock rods are good for 350 (more than that in your case!). What are stock pistons good for?

That’s a really good price for that job.

I’ve purchased JE pistons and I can’t recall the rods. I’ve had them for quite a while. ARP head bolts and main bolts and IE crank bearings and and an IE crank bolt. I’m definitely pushing the limit of the stock rods which are the actual weak point of the engine. I don’t remember which engine codes they are but some of our engines actually have forged pistons already in them. Not mine I’m sure, I believe mine is a BPG engine code, but there are red some that have them. I don’t really plan on doing the valve train so I don’t have anything for that.

I don’t suppose anyone knows if Audi A6 interior would fit into my b7 do they front and back ? Thanks

Ok undecided black or grey
C2B0F892 DB0D 4FFE A984 402C7F16ADE2
52560D68 06E8 4943 A4ED FF5C4802C9FF

Reactions: martin1984