What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Managed to get one of my tyres on my new wheels pick the rest up next weekend.
2a25d2fe2d5af876a995f94879bfc671.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What wheels are they buddy?

Getting there now :)

Attachments

• 20180107_130502.jpg
    20180107_130502.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: MartinHudson6, DieselJake and Nathan Russell
They were a nightmare as I the pinch bolts were frozen on both sides along with the track rod end pinch bolts and I sheared on off inside the arm. Over the worst of it now, still got the rear to do

Mine were seized sold too.
Managed to get the shock out without taking out the pinch bolt and leaving the track rod on.

its an s-line bumper, so all the normal a4 B7 s-line grille rules apply , rs6 grille mesh can be cut and fixed into a4 grille surrounds, whichever way you look at it you need to use a complete B7 s-line grille or the frame if you have an s-line bumper.

As rob said you need one of these
FF53E5D2 356F 4EFC BC3D 0867FB030A59
And one of these RS6 Grille
CFCCEB7C 0D6A 4707 8B54 F91155CB17BC
Mate them and you get one of these
6C824B58 D544 4DF2 9B86 70666DF967A2

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Or use normal mesh as martin is, all personal choice, and haven't you finished that yet chap......it's no good like that , it needs to finished and be on the car ...

Or use normal mesh as martin is, all personal choice, and haven't you finished that yet chap......it's no good like that , it needs to finished and be on the car ...
Im waitin for more mesh maybe 2 weeks be on car with someother mods

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I bet that's a relief Dani, so you are good to go for another year now then , what's next on the list .....fancy a 034 TIP .

Finally passed it' MOT yesterday.

What did it fail on if it did fail if you don’t mind me asking as I’m going for mine next month. But I’ve replaced front and rear arb linkages front upper and lower arms both sides track rod ends

Ooh yes Rob. Hate having anything like that hanging over me.

You'll be glad to know it'l be staying for the next 2 years.

Already got one chap. I set the trend off if you remember haha.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
What did it fail on if it did fail if you don’t mind me asking as I’m going for mine next month. But I’ve replaced front and rear arb linkages front upper and lower arms both sides track rod ends

Not at all.

Year y section of the exhaust was blowing which I knew about but it had turned quite serve but if just got that used to it is not really noticed.

Lower passenger control arm was shot and I mean shot, the bush that holds the damper in place had fully deteriorted.

Got to admit after having the work done the cars like a new car. Handles so much better, again I just got used to the handling clearly detiorating over time I didn' realise how bad it had become or how much the arm was effecting it.

Also since have the exhaust welded I can actually hear the sporty tone of the exhaust and the nice rumble you get from the tfsi unit.

You see Dani, The b7 is worth keeping after all.......

Reactions: Dani_B19
Not at all.

Year y section of the exhaust was blowing which I knew about but it had turned quite serve but if just got that used to it is not really noticed.

Lower passenger control arm was shot and I mean shot, the bush that holds the damper in place had fully deteriorted.

Got to admit after having the work done the cars like a new car. Handles so much better, again I just got used to the handling clearly detiorating over time I didn' realise how bad it had become or how much the arm was effecting it.

Also since have the exhaust welded I can actually hear the sporty tone of the exhaust and the nice rumble you get from the tfsi unit.

Ahh right hopefully mine should go straight through as all the arms and wishbones are brand new and my exhaust is in perfect condition. Just looking to see common things that they would fail on. Cheers mate

Well you should be fine pal. Just check the brakes over and you'll be golden.

Yeah I’ve had my mate round who’s a service adviser as I thought they was shot turns out there’s plenty of meat left on them it’s just a bit of service rust were the cars been sat a couple months

Is this hard to do as it seems complicated and fiddly. I’m good with my hands but don’t have a lot of patients

It’s not too bad just take your time don’t rush it

Reactions: Nathan Russell
Very nice chap have u got a plate for your number plate and will need to paint the crash bar black
Thanks man. Yeah I have a plate surround and the badges to go on!! Just flagging back the paint now.

Is this hard to do as it seems complicated and fiddly. I’m good with my hands but don’t have a lot of patients

You’ll be fine mate. Sounds a lot harder than it is. You can be quite rough cutting the old grill apart. Then fill the holes using some thin bits of plastic (1mm) glued onto the back and filler over the top. Sand it down and paint it black.

Be careful cutting the rs6 grill as it’s only a little bigger. A demel is a life saver. Then just bond it in using something like Loctite 3090.

Reactions: martin1984
Nathan are you going to cut the bumper brace / center bar out and have you test fitted it only asking as you filled in the profile of it in on the grille

Thanks man. Yeah I have a plate surround and the badges to go on!! Just flagging back the paint now.

You’ll be fine mate. Sounds a lot harder than it is. You can be quite rough cutting the old grill apart. Then fill the holes using some thin bits of plastic (1mm) glued onto the back and filler over the top. Sand it down and paint it black.

Be careful cutting the rs6 grill as it’s only a little bigger. A demel is a life saver. Then just bond it in using something like Loctite 3090.

May have to give it ago as there’s literally no where that does the rs4 style grill for the Sline apart from the eom rs4 am I right.

Nathan are you going to cut the bumper brace / center bar out and have you test fitted it only asking as you filled in the profile of it in on the grille

Haven’t test fitted it yet. I’ll just trim the back up with the Dremel if it needs it! Does the crash bar sit right in snug behind the center bar of the old grill then?

eN1U5ne.jpg

Last edited:
Haven’t test fitted it yet. I’ll just trim the back up with the Dremel if it needs it!
Yeah I can’t remember if it hits to dark to look now , looking good though I didn’t use the plate holder just bolted a smaller plate directly to the grille cleaner look

Haven’t test fitted it yet. I’ll just trim the back up with the Dremel if it needs it! Does the crash bar sit right in snug behind the center bar of the old grill then?

eN1U5ne.jpg
Think you might be ok
57503206 0B37 4B59 ADF7 DECC361DC892

Yep mines 100mm shorter
BC34ABC6 4830 46C7 8EFF 6138EA5E936D

Reactions: Dan_Avant, DieselJake and Nathan Russell
So I thought I would share, I just upgraded to some Osram LED interior lights the LEDriving ones, cool while 6000k poped them in Work perfectly even fade, and function exactly as the should, nice light really makes the car feel a lot more modern,

Also a distraction from the air con pump + 400 pound bill from the MOT, can’t feel too bad mostly tyres I should corner slower