What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

what front intercooler are you running chap, is a treadstone.

what front intercooler are you running chap, is a treadstone.

Yea. Tread stone is the name brand. I believe it’s a TR8. They were originally stock on a different platform, can’t remember which ones, maybe the Mitsubishi or Talon, but they fit our cars decently well. The only downfall with some of these slightly larger intercoolers is having to trim or remove the front crash bar. I trimmed mine, just piece of mind having it there in the case of a front end collision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just relised , i'm thinking your tr8 is a tr18 , different IC's.

TR18T by anychance.

It’s quite possible it is that one. I just looked up the pic and compared it to mine when I was installing it.

0a21fbb82cf7fb4bea00dfab8b0f388e.jpg

55e68d07f33d6b1a6acd1b8bcec965e2.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley
nice pics chap, you must have read my mind as that was my next question for you..lol
I think your correct it does look the same as the 18.
how did the pipework fit in, any issues.

nice pics chap, you must have read my mind as that was my next question for you..lol
I think your correct it does look the same as the 18.
how did the pipework fit in, any issues.

Really no problems with piping. I couldn’t find a kit for our car so I bought a bunch of bends and a few angle pieces along with a different couplers and bands. Then I cut the pipes to fit the way I needed them to with a hacksaw. Not really too troubling. You can see one of the pipes take a downward angle but that’s because of the way it has to route under a part of the car, subframe or radiator support or something. I’ve never had a blown coupler or pipe and I’m running nearly 400 horsepower to the wheels at about 20psi.

any issues with bumper refits , I have pdc and headlamp wash , will it clear those parts behind the bumper.

any issues with bumper refits , I have pdc and headlamp wash , will it clear those parts behind the bumper.

I’m not sure what PDC is and I don’t have the headlamp washers but no. Not for me anyways. The piping doesn’t get in the way of much except for maybe the fog lights run against the pipes but not enough to cause problems.

PDC is the parking distance control...or the parking sensors in the bumper, I don't think the headlamp wash is a problem to be honest as its in the centre of the headlamp zone so away from the location of the IC.

weht on a shopping spree in one of my local salvage yards and yeilded a 2 din conversion. a centre console with a arm rest. and a full set of interior trims as the ash tray and gear lever surrons is missing on min, and a mfsw as a bonus all for the measly sum of £40. but found 2 pound coines down the side of the seats a bounus me think,

Attachments

• Picture 2826.jpg
    Picture 2826.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Picture 2827.jpg
    Picture 2827.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Picture 2828.jpg
    Picture 2828.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Picture 2829.jpg
    Picture 2829.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Picture 2830.jpg
    Picture 2830.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 2831.jpg
    Picture 2831.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Reactions: dubcool.pc, V6_Man, i3oricua and 2 others
Neil I need to know the scrap yards your visiting. That's a right bargain.

Reactions: dubcool.pc and neil ratcliffe
that's not cheap Dani, that's down right bonkers cheap......all that for £40 ......he must have caught them after they had downed a few too many xmas drinks...

that's not cheap Dani, that's down right bonkers cheap......all that for £40 ......he must have caught them after they had downed a few too many xmas drinks...
well thats what you get for knowing which is a decent breakers and a rip off one.
That would be ASM then would it not !!!!!!!!!!
no it would not be.

I've not been in a breakers yard for 30 years or more......last was for a window winder mechanism for a capri....and it was a manual winder aswell.....lol

i used to work in a breaker yard here in mk. up until middle of this year when bad health forched me to change my job.

I've not been in a breakers yard for 30 years or more......last was for a window winder mechanism for a capri....and it was a manual winder aswell.....lol
you talk about classic fords this is what iam working on atm.

Attachments

• Picture 1069.jpg
    Picture 1069.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 186
I've got a classic ford aswell chap, about 40 years older than yours....has a thumping flat head V8 in it....

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
you talk about classic fords this is what iam working on atm.

here you go, ford V8 model 40 1934 , LHD ......still haven't put the bonnet back on either after the head rebuild.
IMG 0708 1
IMG 0709 1
IMG 0710 1

Reactions: LawrenceH, V6_Man and martin1984
best of all ,it doesn't need Road Tax or an MOT ....why cant all cars be that way ...

best of all ,it doesn't need Road Tax or an MOT ....why cant all cars be that way ...
beacuse a modern car is not built to last. was in my mates workshop the other day. late shape mondea in there with 2 rear suspension are bushes gone. and a while ago a 60 plate insignia with a snapped rear coil spring. so iam all for keeping the mot for modern cars.

You have to remember that cars like the two you’re restoring are looked after properly and maintained properly. Most modern cars only get even the most basic stuff like bulbs/wipers checked at MOT each year.

Had to buy a more economical car due to the amount of miles i do these days. So not sure what to do with my b7 now its about to go in for MOT and im confident it will pass without any problems but not sure if i should part it out or try and sell. The only problem is it has 171k miles so im guessing it will be hard to sell for a decent price so its probably worth more in parts now? Its a S line special edition 2.0T 220hp. My more economical car is a A3 8p 1.9TDI and jesus it is slow haha!

had some turkey which was yum, and then had a second attempt at fitting my new vent pod, mission successful this time, works a treat and the car now goes even better ..lol

Ecs4

merry xmas everyone......

Reactions: J0N and Dani_B19
had some turkey which was yum, and then had a second attempt at fitting my new vent pod, mission successful this time, works a treat and the car now goes even better ..lol

View attachment 144655

merry xmas everyone......
Going to be honest not a fan of your choice of placement looks odd not ome at all would it have fitted in the vent to the right of the wheel ?
Happy xmas Rob
Wheres the rs4 im cant wait to see it

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: J0N, DieselJake and Charlie Farley
its made for the centre vents martin, probably would fit the side vent if I started cutting the slats down to make them shorter, not everyones cuppa I agree but I do like to be a bit different.
Its imminent....

Reactions: martin1984
In all honesty I would’ve mounted it at an angle for better viewing or got a pod for the steering wheel cowal.

How long till the RS gets here? Can’t be long?

For me I can see it just right carl, angle is spot on, I think the camera angle makes it look more upwards than it is.
I need to collect the RS , which is in southern france still , in the process of organising a trip over to complete the deal....you need to be patient chap, just like me...

Going to be honest not a fan of your choice of placement looks odd not ome at all would it have fitted in the vent to the right of the wheel ?
Happy xmas Rob

Well you given me a blinding idea martin.....many thanks chap and merry Christmas....

And you also Rob as well as everyone else I haven’t wished a Merry Xmas too

Happy xmas Rob

It wont actually fit in the side vent martin, the ducting is too small and the gauge wont going right in, the vent mouting supplied is for the centre vent.
Good idea though chap.