What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

4gb limit isn't it? And 32gb on the MK2 rnse..

You are correct Mike as long as it's a just an SD card and not a SDHC......which when I was looking for originally but they are like hens teeth unless you're wanting to pay a premium price for them.

I just upgraded to the Mk2 and I now have trouble filling just one card with music I listen too regularly.

Reactions: zgss20v
Yes...and 400 tracks max
Realisticaly its enough...and this comes from a guy who spends half a day in the car running around town most of the time

Not today but since Wednesday last week on my 2.0 Tdi Sline CVT I have replaced:

1- DMF due to hot engine rattle. It would happen only when engine was warm and not cold and it was intermittent
2- Cambelt and waterpump
3- Front droplinks
4- Brake Dics and pads

Yet to replace:
1- Springs. Although they are closest to OEM and my garage is pushing me to go for them I am not putting Sachs on. Eibach sportline or pro-kit, not sure yet.

The effing thing has cost me money but I still love her. The money that I have spent was supposed to go towards chargercooler on my S4 bit the bitch took it away but I still like the way she drives - smooth as silk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted some Recaro’s. Technically did it Sunday lol
65D31A3C CA81 41F2 8847 90C35F3CE28E

Reactions: J0N, V6_Man, zgss20v and 4 others
Well hav'nt done it yet , but will be in the next few hours.....
Fitting a couple of nice little extras , Silicone TIP and Sports cat ....so that's going to take a while , better make sure I have two cuppa's with my bacon rolls before I start..lol

IMG 0533

Reactions: J0N, UisT4, tony mc and 4 others
Why’s it got a rear lambda sensor extension? It shouldn’t need one if it’s a sports cat

maybe he's got a tabby cat with a no.9 on its back instead of that de cat pipe lmao

Reactions: DieselJake, W2 NCC, V6_Man and 1 other person
ha ha ha, not sure if if missed all this or not, but it's still funny ha ha.

Reactions: W2 NCC
Why’s it got a rear lambda sensor extension? It shouldn’t need one if it’s a sports cat

Or ,

This oxygen spacer spaces out the secondary (rear) O2 sensor to remove MIL or CEL issues caused by removing the factory catalytic converter

33whp gains with no other mods!? I like 034 but that's massively exaggerated.

they could state misleading data but cant see what it would gain , they offer data output for the product , wether every application will yield the same result may be open to debate , not fussed to be honest as I just want to add a bit more output without going bonkers..

Fft7

Maybe the Audi's ECU is a little touchy on the B7 like it is for everything else that throws an error up.

My old Primary Designs 200 cell sports cat never once threw an error up.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
34's a nice gain Rob

The old bus is currently at the 250 mark after the last remap and that's a safe amount , factory is 220 , so the safe remap and air filter increased things by a safe 30bhp , so by adding the High flow cat and possibly changing the exhaust aswell then another re-remap things maybe be a safe and user friendly 270-280bhp with better torque aswell, anyway it will all work out in the end hopefully, I don't really need mega BHP ( already got that covered) from the old bus.
By the way Tony, your avant looks 1st class chap, dare I say dogs dangleys even and I hope you keep it clean aswell.....

Reactions: tony mc
The old bus is currently at the 250 mark after the last remap and that's a safe amount , factory is 220 , so the safe remap and air filter increased things by a safe 30bhp , so by adding the High flow cat and possibly changing the exhaust aswell then another re-remap things maybe be a safe and user friendly 270-280bhp with better torque aswell, anyway it will all work out in the end hopefully, I don't really need mega BHP ( already got that covered) from the old bus.
By the way Tony, your avant looks 1st class chap, dare I say dogs dangleys even and I hope you keep it clean aswell.....

You’ll feel it spoil faster for sure. I don’t think it’s 30whp worth but you’ll feel a noticeable difference.

Yesterday - Service, inspection and the all important stamp in the book. I'm actually looking forwards to it being cold enough to give my winter tyres a try.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

had to get very technical and made this very special tool.......its the " if all else fail o2 sensor removal tool" lol, and it works a treat.
I'm taking orders for small exclusive production runs..haha

IMG 0536
IMG 0537

Reactions: Cazbrak and Alex Ward
De-tared, Korrosoled, snow foamed, washed, CP Reloaded ... and then my wife drives it

be01258713a8be887754fb2e26f76ad5.jpg

4c42846cd4a7c31e819f6870e87047ff.jpg

Reactions: Alex Ward
Fitted my winter wheels, whoever said that wheels maketh the car wasn't lying?? Roll on Easter......
f6d2430f75cd1fd7b3b246ebf2c3c5f0.jpg

6069be5a84896bf6d2d1c82e91b62fa6.jpg

e2940d2cf9c4cd7a2f1f5b1e055f0b78.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake, Charlie Farley, zgss20v and 1 other person
looks likes your ready for some serious winter wether grip Jon....

Reactions: J0N
To be honest, the main objective was to just get the 19’s off for winter, I’ve ruined wheels before with all the salt and crud etc. The tyres were just too good an opportunity to miss at the price so win win. I miss my summer wheels already though.....

I allways find it amazing what a transformation different alloys make to a car, with those winter tyres on with the oem alloys the car looks good but just looks a bit plain , but with those great looking 19' s on it's a totally different looking car....so much better but like you say , not worth messing them up during the winter months, I wish I had a winter set to be honest but i'd only start messing around with them too..lol

Reactions: J0N
Pair of cv joints on the old bus. See if this stops the ocassional knock under braking/pulling away and whipped a wore brush over calipers to take surface crud off. In 2 minds if to paint them or not. But not a winter job. Maybe if shes still here in april

Oil and filter changed and a good look over it as not had it up on the ramp since i bought it.

Its got chatter at low rpms from im presuming the gearbox theres a note in the service book that the clutch/flywheel has been change looking at it im under the impression its got a solid flywheel fitted do these GMV boxes chatter loud if running a solid flywheel ?? Anyone want to try guess what flywheel this is lol

A9C88FE8 1C34 4076 966D 255A64F403BE

Also history writen in the service book about a new turbo being fitted had a look and its got a mamba actuator on it with a genuine vw/audi tag again anyone care to guess what turbo this is ?? Hybrid or standard rebuilt unit with mamba actuator ?? Any way to tell if its mapped via vcds ?

1562F01B 7195 4291 BF3A A5E0286389D7

F93ACF16 545C 49B7 B932 A8BA02C39129

D5D6EE9D 43E9 4CDE BC50 3EC42BB8FFD0

85B5B35F A95D 4A10 A3D4 A9C6F7BE8A20

CB9232A3 FB9B 4158 B0A5 A32396228852

Are B7 rear sports shocks black ?? Or is this incorrect ?
62ADDE05 641F 4938 BF1E 03EF09EEF3F9

Lastly i tink this is from a A3 and not meant for this car but and presuming someone retro fitted rns unit so were should it live its just shoved in behind the glove box.

7ACD3071 4B96 4BD1 8B10 C7779713A4F0

Any help appreciated im new to the B7 section previously active in the 8L and B5 section with 1.8T’s but im loving the B7 and the TFSI so far !!

I need new front pads for the front any suggestions as euro car parts has like 4 different sizes for front. if someone could link me to the ones i need i would appreciate it.

My reg is: GV57UMG

Car is 2.0t special edition with drilled discs and i think they are larger than standard ones, it also has the wear sensor. I just need the front pads thanks.

Oil and filter changed and a good look over it as not had it up on the ramp since i bought it.

Its got chatter at low rpms from im presuming the gearbox theres a note in the service book that the clutch/flywheel has been change looking at it im under the impression its got a solid flywheel fitted do these GMV boxes chatter loud if running a solid flywheel ?? Anyone want to try guess what flywheel this is lol

View attachment 141289

Also history writen in the service book about a new turbo being fitted had a look and its got a mamba actuator on it with a genuine vw/audi tag again anyone care to guess what turbo this is ?? Hybrid or standard rebuilt unit with mamba actuator ?? Any way to tell if its mapped via vcds ?

View attachment 141290
View attachment 141291
View attachment 141292
View attachment 141293
View attachment 141294

Are B7 rear sports shocks black ?? Or is this incorrect ?
View attachment 141295

Lastly i tink this is from a A3 and not meant for this car but and presuming someone retro fitted rns unit so were should it live its just shoved in behind the glove box.

View attachment 141296

Any help appreciated im new to the B7 section previously active in the 8L and B5 section with 1.8T’s but im loving the B7 and the TFSI so far !!

I won’t answer everything because I don’t know all those answers but if you have a solid flywheel then it is common to get clutch chatter. No real way to know what is on there without taking a look at it with the housing off that I know of anyways. If the chatter bothers you a lot you can purchase a Fluidampr pulley which should take e chatter away.

To get any kind of info about any possible remap you would have to log some runs in VCDS. My guess is just another K-03 turbo but it would be easier to tell if we could see the whole assembly with manifold and all. I don’t know what other turbos would run that actuator although I’ve never looked at what our stock K-03s run either.

Enjoy the car. Maybe you got lucky and someone threw a K-04 on there for you and had it tuned although it’s doubtful...but one could always wish!

I need new front pads for the front any suggestions as euro car parts has like 4 different sizes for front. if someone could link me to the ones i need i would appreciate it.

My reg is: GV57UMG

Car is 2.0t special edition with drilled discs and i think they are larger than standard ones, it also has the wear sensor. I just need the front pads thanks.

This pad or any similar pad will work. Hawks pads are a popular upgrade for our platform. Even Witt drilled rotors these will still work.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/142059138674

You can likely find a better deal if you search for Audi A4 B7 front brake pads.

Reactions: jord9412
I won’t answer everything because I don’t know all those answers but if you have a solid flywheel then it is common to get clutch chatter. No real way to know what is on there without taking a look at it with the housing off that I know of anyways. If the chatter bothers you a lot you can purchase a Fluidampr pulley which should take e chatter away.

To get any kind of info about any possible remap you would have to log some runs in VCDS. My guess is just another K-03 turbo but it would be easier to tell if we could see the whole assembly with manifold and all. I don’t know what other turbos would run that actuator although I’ve never looked at what our stock K-03s run either.

Enjoy the car. Maybe you got lucky and someone threw a K-04 on there for you and had it tuned although it’s doubtful...but one could always wish!

Flywheel and clutch is a ecs ra4 stage 1 setup i think as ive just had sump off to do pick up pipe.

96FBBCB1 51D9 4D72 BB9F 9CDC7F51F50F

The chatter is from the gearbox its self so i doubt fitting a fluidampr will rectify this noise. I may go the route of DM flywheel and upgraded clutch.

BB00062D 8E3E 4196 953A 98FDCAC15019
18B6564E A3B4 474A AFAA 6F2FE296D574
8832D0B7 76DB 4A42 ADA4 AEBD5F66E581
Had 4 new tyres fitted to the lemans so hopefully wont scrubb now. Will try on at weekend. Oh and laugh why people ask why do you have an estate car? Ermmm because its got a sweet *** and can fit 4 19’s and 4 more tyres in boot!!

Reactions: martin1984 and Charlie Farley
Oh and laugh why people ask why do you have an estate car? Ermmm because its got a sweet *** and can fit 4 19’s and 4 more tyres in boot!!

Fitting the wheels and tyres in the rear is just a bonus......it’s how sexy they look compared to the saloons. It’s as if the saloons have something missing

Reactions: MartinHudson6, martin1984 and Charlie Farley
spot on carl , but all of us avant owners already new we had the best version..

Reactions: zgss20v, MartinHudson6 and martin1984