What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Seller has covered all possible issues with the spares /repair .

If it was a good spec , with door blinds , rear window blind etc CHLH option , autolights, all the bells etc then maybe worth a go , but, and its a big but, that centre consol condition is a bit of a concern as it doesn't reallly tally up with the condition of the seats etc.

My old bus has done double the milage and the center consol and buttons are original and mint , that s4 one looks so bad it begs the question why.

Because hot climate... I'm originally from South America, Suriname to be exact, and over there it does the same to buttons... it's a combo of the heat and sweaty fingers that destroy buttons.

What are we looking out for Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are we looking out for Rob

B6 and B7 recaros all fit, well pretty much all interior parts are interchangeable, some parts are more varaint specific such as avant rear seats etc but nothing is out of the question.
B6 Recaro's are not Air bag whereas B7 are, also the seat occupancy need to be addressed.
They all suffer from weak front seat bolster frame supports, more so on the driver's side as it gets the most use.
Heating elements fail
as do motors along with jammed mechanisms.
all are not always obvious from just visual looks and really one needs to see them working.
The bolster issue can be seen if the foam has failed and the support frame can be felt maybe even broken or bent down.

they come in several forms inc with or with memory , rear bench can be heated aswell.

all that aside well worth having , not worth paying over the odds though.

Reactions: Rob Avant, Jamsmoo and northpole
Because hot climate... I'm originally from South America, Suriname to be exact, and over there it does the same to buttons... it's a combo of the heat and sweaty fingers that destroy buttons.

Weird tho ,don’t know about anyone else but I hardly ever press the buttons I think we’re referring to

accepted but there would not appear to be any other visible degradation such as on the steering wheel other trims etc, door control switches are prone to it but they look ok.

Reactions: northpole
yes the centre console and buttons were really rough... not making a bid but keeping an eye on it to see what it goes for

If you are on about the top row those have been battered by the sun...
That soft touch coating dislikes it very much... touch them and it comes off... just remember the country it comes from can have 40 degree Celsius sun for 6 months a year.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Anyway, if someone wants a project then it would be fine.
The downside with the S4 I think is that it kinda of lives in the shadow of its big brother the RS4 and everyone would love an RS4 , well it has a better engine and nicer bodywork so who would'nt, and I feel that will allway have a marked effect on values of used S4's to be honest.

Unless one has a showroom condition S4 values are allways going to be average which makes buying one to repair and resale just that more challenging

just my thoughts chaps.

Now if it was a manual B7 S4 that would be a different discussion all together.:yahoo:

Reactions: northpole and Jamsmoo
Auto marks it down too on an s4 ,could be another big expense
However if it says around 2.5 i will regret not having a punt

The S4 I acquired last year was an auto, and yes it had major engine issues but it also seemed to lack something, just felt a bit lack luster to be honest, yes it was nippy but not really wow factor.
I tried a manual RS4 B7 a few months ago and it was on a different level.

Auto marks it down too on an s4 ,could be another big expense
However if it says around 2.5 i will regret not having a punt

your choice James, like they say, buyer beware.:thumbs up:

S4 B7 Cam chains tensioners normally last a lot more than 53000 miles
seller only seems to import JDM products on his website.

And don't be fooled bythe claim that cars in Japan being rust free, they are not and they classify corrosion in cars differently in japan.

The only way a car will ever be corrosion free is if it has been in a moisture free enviroment , japan does not fall into that bracket.

Reckon someone will be taken in and it’ll end around 3k

f01d7f0f859cad369b46169de71c67a1.jpg

I was working in Leicester today and this was parked on the same street,for a fleeting moment I wondered if it was a sign lol
Too many red flags on this one for me

even more fun..I know my wife's ebay login details. Do you think she would mind if I made a bid on her behalf, I mean the bid is not binding is it :)

even more fun..I know my wife's ebay login details. Do you think she would mind if I made a bid on her behalf, I mean the bid is not binding is it :)

Maybe she’d like a moody jdm s4 for Xmas

Maybe she’d like a moody jdm s4 for Xmas

she would, do you know her ? :) she refuses to leave me alone for the next 9 mins as she has caught wind of my plan..****** !!

In the end she wouldnt go for the project car and it sold for £2650,,that is cheap

B6 and B7 recaros all fit, well pretty much all interior parts are interchangeable, some parts are more varaint specific such as avant rear seats etc but nothing is out of the question.
B6 Recaro's are not Air bag whereas B7 are, also the seat occupancy need to be addressed.
They all suffer from weak front seat bolster frame supports, more so on the driver's side as it gets the most use.
Heating elements fail
as do motors along with jammed mechanisms.
all are not always obvious from just visual looks and really one needs to see them working.
The bolster issue can be seen if the foam has failed and the support frame can be felt maybe even broken or bent down.

they come in several forms inc with or with memory , rear bench can be heated aswell.

all that aside well worth having , not worth paying over the odds though.

So would b6 versions show an airbag fault ,when u say occupancy are you referring to the passenger sensor

Ideally, you want to be sticking with B7 seats James, they are just plug and play re airbags etc so one item less to deal with.
Depending on what looms and options are fitted to your car will dictate what seat functions will work unless you upgrade the looms.

Reckon Rob Burke cars is out of pocket

something else to consider.
It was MOT'd 29/6/23 with 52942 miles on the clock, he was selling it 8/11/23 4 1/2 months later with 53000 as spares or repairs, so done just 58 miles since mot in june.

I suspect it had the problem then or bought it from japan cheap with issues and he's just moved it on

There's always the chance it was 100% genuine , but then i don't trust any used car dealers anymore after several rip-offs over the years, sorry to be a party pooper and all that, previous bad experiences overruled my opinion

He’d of known exactly what he had and more or less what the bits were worth ,I do think he’ll be disappointed with what it’s gone for

Back on the seat front.
these are a nice set, Ok they are rs4 ones but in really nice condition, and condition is all important.

cost , well a bit on the high side but still worth it for someone in the market for a mint set of B7 recaro's, i'd pay that to be honest.

EBay searches are very hit and miss ..haven’t seen those in weeks of searching

Most guys would be put off at the price but given they look mint and the lack of good ones these days, and if one has the right B7, then it is not such a mad idea.

The thing with the s4 recaros is they aren’t model branded ,not sure I could look at rs4 badges sat behind a 3.0tdi