Snub mount for a4!!!

The rubber one that Gaz originally posted up and I copied it over to this thread....the same one you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah I see, maybe I should have a look at mine aswell then as I've probably done more miles than you now on the A6 bung, if its going tits up on mine then i'll stick the original A4 bung back on.

I have a feeling it's done it due to it being forced onto a D shape on the engine side as the bush has a round hole. And with the torque the oil burner makes it maybe a little too much for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alpinachris
all that torque carl , what are you oil burners like.....lol

Reactions: carlcall
Well then carl, looks like you torque crazy oil burners are not alone then, had a look at my A6 rubber bung this morning after you mentioned yours was failing already, and yep mine has failed big time, split on the side and the bottom part of it is hanging out......bummer or what , may also account for the increased rough idling over the last week or so, so its back on with the oem A4 item now.

I noticed that sometimes it wasn't as smooth as it had been when pulling away and now I know why. Need to try and find the same rubber one but the D shaped one. I just think it's just split due to it having to be stretched.

The APR one I had was too hard....so fingers crossed the Powerflex one will be softer. I'll get in touch with them when they re-open and if they aren't that much harder I may see if they will do a group buy of some form!

sounds like a plan carl...very disappointed the A6 one hasn't held up for long though, maybe its because they are too much of a snug fit which causes the premature failure when used in the A4 mounts, whereas the oem A4 item allows for a bit more give in all axial directions.

I take it this only affects the diesel models? I got the A6 snub mount on my A4 petrol - do I have to worry?

spent 15 mins this afternoon changing the bung over , A6 bung out which was very split and deffo a bin job ,most certainly having a negative effect on my old bus , put back on the as new condition oem A4 bung I purchased a few months ago from ECP .... I think i'll stick to this one now, the original OEM one lasted for 10 years compared to just weeks for the A6 item.....

So have we all made a mistake going the rubber A6 bung over the foam A4 one?

well it was for me chap , maybe others have not had issues , I'm back on the a4 oem bung now though with no plans to change again.

Great. Looks like I'll need to check mine then. Fml. Watch mine be totally trashed as I've ran it the longest out of all of us. Haven't noticed any negative effects of it failing it has though.

Thanks for the heads up, I was considering a different mount. I'll stick with the stock one!