APR Snub Mount

Av4nt

Reaction score
Firstly has anyone installed one of these on their 2.0T ? If so was it a difference from the OEM mount and worth changing?
when I change gears I see that my gear stick does move around somewhat and I assume this is down to the snub mounts job?

its fairly cheap and mines in for service in july where im having the oil pickup changed. So with that going on the snub mount should be readily accessible right?

cheers

I actually dont have a clue! All I know is its not as big/sturdy as the APR one. and its been remapped so at times the torque will be causing the movement of the engine more. just wondered if anyone has one fitted thats all. likely getting it donw regardless lol

There is a missing letter I poo you not.

It determines what material it is made from, a pic would help of a OEM one.

IMG 5746

IMG 5768

The standard snub nose mount bush is a polyeurathane foam that gets squidgy over the years and becomes soft.

Larger petrol and diesel engines use a rubber mount, much more resiliant and a good upgrade.

Standard part is 8D0199339M which is around £6 and cream coloured

The upgraded part 8D0199339E which is around £10 and is black rubber.

Available from TPS, Audi and VW .

Am I missing something here one is round the other is half moon with a flat bottom:ermm:

Hows the round one going to fit on the stock mounting.

I thought you would have that anser gio being the 2.0T Genie :p

I dunno but the APR mount hole is same shape as the OEM version, good enough for me.

Oh I do have the answers all right and I still stick to my answer from above. That the part number I gave is correct. I have never heard of a revised or upgraded part the snub mount has not changed on the B7 at all.

The one posted above as referred to as the upgraded mount is from Audi all road vehicles.

So yes I could see were Gaz is coming from that rubber is better than foam mater.

But its not a direct upgrade you would actually have to change the arm that holds the snub mount for it to fit otherwise all you doing is either going to struggle to get a round hole over a half moon shape or heating it up to try squeeze it over, well I am sure most will know what happens to rubber when you heat it up even for short periods.

I'm quoting 8D0 and the 2 different materials fit regardless of hole difference.

8E0 is the part number in question here, they maybe identical or similar , so the upgraded 8D0 rubber will fit.

Best to investigate what the larger petrol and diesel engines have and check if 8D0 and 8E0 are the same.

If the soft foam version is listed as oe there is bound to be a harder black rubber oe version of it for the bigger engines.

Last edited:
I've got a brand new OEM snub mount at home that hasn't been fitted yet. I'l post the part number later.

Gio just to clarify here, I am fitting an APR snub mount, not a revised edition of anything from audi and not the audi allroad snub as that clearly would not fit. APR has the same shaped hole as the OEM opunt

No need to clarify. As I said there is no revised part. And I know the APR part is the same shape hole as the oem so is the 034 motorsport one.

Hope your engine mounts are okay.

No need to clarify. As I said there is no revised part. And I know the APR part is the same shape hole as the oem so is the 034 motorsport one.

Hope your engine mounts are okay.

haha whats that lat bit supposed to mean?? Please dont tell me if i change the snub mount that other mounts need to be changed?!?!

Snub Mount Street Density B7 Audi RS4 C5 Audi RS6

cheers mate. think its because its for rs4 etc.

gona get an genuine one for £8 just to see difference as notices movement when changing gears and tears on it when was under car.

is it easy to change? does the engine have to be supported with block of wood and jack?