Newbie,rs3 grill conversion

Hasan

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a new member, I've recently fitted an Rs style front grill on my A3. I have the number plate vinyled on side of the car so don't need np on grill. The problem is behind the honeycomb grill the crash bar is very visible! Any help with how to disguise this??
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    507.4 KB · Views: 1,251
Remove the grill again and paint crash bar black, will look loads better when you do it!

Remove the grill again and paint crash bar black, will look loads better when you do it!
Hi thanks would that work as I was advised that paint would not stick very well? Maybe a vinyl wrap?

paint is fine, try a primer first then spray black on. Or even brushing black paint on will work

thats great advice Mate! Thanks I will try this

Loving the grill how easy was it to fit? Wanting to do this to mine

Loving the grill how easy was it to fit? Wanting to do this to mine
Requires the bumper coming off,depends how handy you are I'm not too good took me a long afternoon with a friend,most good garages will do it though if you can get a direct replacement

Put the plate in front of the crashbar meanwhile :p

Reactions: Steve!
@Sayam
It's a vinyl number plate, yes the plate is 100% legal,however the positioning on the car not sure for certain

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 391
Thank you!
Hi bud, did this mod. I have a white quattro, take the bumper back off, spray the crash bar and radiator with matt black heat resistent paint, then use matt black vinyl wrap to the plastic cross piece on the bumper. it then looks factory finnish.have fun

@gaz4410 hi mate, thanks don't fancy taking bumper of again so got it booked in on wed,the guy is going to just prima and spray Matt black, I have ordered a vinyl but not sure if the guy can do that aswel,you think it would be aryt just with the spray job?
Thanks

@gaz4410 hi mate, thanks don't fancy taking bumper of again so got it booked in on wed,the guy is going to just prima and spray Matt black, I have ordered a vinyl but not sure if the guy can do that aswel,you think it would be aryt just with the spray job?
Thanks
@gaz4410 sorry mate plastic cross piece? Is that behind the grill also?

I used hammerite smooth on our A4 when we did this, nice and simple and as brush on no need to mask etc

Sorry bud, forget about the plastic cross piece on the bumper, yours does not have it as yours is the facelift bumper, so forget about the vinyl wrap. but i would still paint the radiator and crash bar with heat resistent matt black paint, no need for primer depending on what you use.

Sorry bud, forget about the plastic cross piece on the bumper, yours does not have it as yours is the facelift bumper, so forget about the vinyl wrap. but i would still paint the radiator and crash bar with heat resistent matt black paint, no need for primer depending on what you use.
Cheers, now that you've mentioned the radiator it's sticking out to me lol but yeah will go for the spray on radiator! Do you know of any good brands to use?

Cheers, now that you've mentioned the radiator it's sticking out to me lol but yeah will go for the spray on radiator! Do you know of any good brands to use?

make a paper stencil and spray S-line or something into it :)

The finished product!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 343
Reactions: Lee78

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    722.2 KB · Views: 405
That looks ace!! Where did you get the grille from? Genuine?

That looks ace!! Where did you get the grille from? Genuine?
Hi thanks I really love the look of it, no not genuine unfortunately wouldn't fit so after market from eBay, had the crash panel sprayed today with radiator lining! Looks nice

Hi thanks I really love the look of it, no not genuine unfortunately wouldn't fit so after market from eBay, had the crash panel sprayed today with radiator lining! Looks nice
Gonna have to get one of them I think! Decent fit? Have you got a link or know the user you got it from?

Gonna have to get one of them I think! Decent fit? Have you got a link or know the user you got it from?
Yeah it was actually a straight fit, fits really well, the item no is "161807460495" just type that number in in eBay search should come up

Reactions: Nige A3
Looks awesome! Can't you get a hollow Audi badge though?
Haha thanks mate it came with the grill and I just put my original badge on,the holder is not hollow unfortunately! I need though lol

Reactions: Sayam