Brake pad fitting!

Cambaines

Reaction score
I've fitted brakes before and never had an issue, when I've fitted the front right pads the disk isn't moving freely? Is this just because there brand new pads? Sorry about the cramp video but it's taking some effort to move them!

Cheers

Cam

Maybe the piston isn't in all the way...have you driven car to see? Also clean area and do again both signs..could be a stone??

I think it may be the piston... Coming to think of it I always have more brake dust on that wheel, may be a new calliper on the future, I've had a good wire brush of the area too, I shall do them all and then see how they are, cheers mate

Try pressing the piston in a bit more then drive it a bit, should bed in then.

Try pressing the piston in a bit more then drive it a bit, should bed in then.

Sorted now mate, gonna bed then in and then have another go to see how free they are, I haven't fitted new disks with the pads either, will wait until I can pick some drilled and grooved up!

Reactions: TimWills28
Probably pal, need to get some body work, thermostat and service done first :/ money money money!

yeah who needs properly working brakes anyway :flushed:

Reactions: audismart
You better get the caliper done, its an mot fail if it gets real bad, I would be doing it before body work, no point being all show but no go bud.

Honestly the brake isn't sticking and it moves freely with the wheel on the car, and it's not grinding when I drive either, just always has extra brake dust on the wheel but I do smash miles on the car, I was expecting the disk to move perfectly free with new pads in tbh as soon as I put the wheel on and span it I realised it wasn't as bad as I thought

you shouldnt fit new dics to old pads, they should either be done together or pads only, i worked for EBC for 11 years so i know a teeny bit about brakes lol. they should all run freely too, maybe your wheel bearing is a bit ropey, if you got more dust out one side then something is up mate, just put all new discs and yellow pads on mine, all running sweet

I'm planning drilled and grooved disks at the end of the month, pads will only be a few weeks old then, didn't want the pad warning light on any longer! Wheel bearing may be a good shout sometimes when I'm on a long drive a get a squeaking from somewhere, joys of having a 10 year old car! Speaking to the right man about brakes then aren't I! I thought about green stuff but I don't drive my car hard enough to warrant the extra money, even though they are low dust, there's quite a few little bits that I need to sort on the motor, only had it 6 months, gained a serious amount of lacquer peel over winter too :/

i shouldnt say this really but dont go with green stuff, for out the extra for red stuff, probably amazon or somewhere, when i had my mk4 i had white alloys and i was a official test car, the red is such a better pad over green and so much lower dust, (which helps with white wheels lol)

yeah i would get the wheel bearing looked at if its nothing obvious with the brakes,

i only say about the disc fitments as you will have very very minute groves in your pads from your old discs, so your new discs will only have approx 50% surface contact untill they are fully bedded in, a few weeks old will be fine just dont go mad to start

Cheers for the advice mate, I think I will buy decent pads next time round, this time I just haven't had the money after Christmas, I have polished faced alloys and they are a ball ache to keep clean, spent a good 4 hours on them the other day cleaning and waxing them, like you say my disks are okay but they do have grooves through to brake wear! Any tips for bedding the pads on correctly? There only brembo euro part specials haha