bit of power, but no endless wallet

ddcboyle

Reaction score
Just need a quick answer as I know this probably gets asked alot.

Looking to remap car, but want to do something about the quiet exhaust before i remap (just incase it has a big effect on performance)

I dont have the funds to go buy a Supersprint or Miltek, so for performance/sound, what am i looking to do?

Decats and DPF mods? And are non-mechanics able to fit them/not much labour £ to swap for m.o.t's?

Ideally looking to get rid of the no-sound exhaust note and atleast have something sounding sporty without dishing out on a SS exhaust.

(Edit) 3.0tdi quattro
Thanks
Dean

Last edited:
Hi Dean,
To get any meaningful amount of sound from the exhaust system you have to ditch the DPF, This acts as a pretty big silencer on it's own.
If you don't mind doing this, It can be done as part of a remap by removing the DPF and gutting it. This will give you more noise and around 300-320bhp and 650-720Nm of torque depending who maps it.
By keeping the gutted DPF the car is good for MOT's.
Have a look at the build thread for my car linked in my signature.
If you are anywhere near Manchester I can strongly recommend Rick at Unicorn Motor developments who mapped my car.
A mapped 3.0 TDI won't be far off your Nissan and will do a lot more mpg I am sure.

Karl.

Last edited:
Im presuming taking the dpf off will fail m.o.t, dependant on garage, but will it produce the black smoke you get on some diesels or are they still good without the dpf.

Is dpf removal a big job? Was thinking of keeping it and just buying a dpf replacement pipe instead, so im not restricting future sale of car and can replace it

Swapping out a dpf replacement pipe every year is better for gas flow than a gutted dpf. Your garage may overlook this.

Smoke is a light haze , it's all about the remapping.

You won't get black smoke if you take it to somebody who knows what they are doing when they map it. Some peoples Idea of power with diesels is "no smoke no poke" Mine is just a grey haze when it's flat out with the Water meth, Normal driving there's no smoke at all.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/karls-3-0-tdi-build-thread.204785/
The 3.0 TDI is a great engine for tuning , Have a look at the RS5 TDI Facebook page. These are all 3.0 TDI A5's and some are pushing over 400 bhp.
https://www.facebook.com/RS5-TDi-296843307053421/

Reactions: mister.c.