Quick bumper question.

RichMk3

Reaction score
When I brought my car it was virtually spotless apart from a cracked front bumper and grille. Looks to me like its hit a curb, cracked it and snapped the supports off the lower, central splitter thing.

I've noticed that S-Line bumpers are much more costly than SE bumpers, and also the RS4 style grille won't fit the S-Line bumper.

Anyways, on to my question... Will an SE bumper fit straight onto my S-Line Avant?

I can get an SE bumper for £60 and the RS4 style grille for £175, then fit a lower Splitter and I think it could look quite good.

yes it will retrofit, but you will need an SE grill or suitable replacement as the S-line is as you say a deeper.
A DTM grill will fit an SE bumper aswell, not sure you'll find a cheap one of those though.

Sure it will fit but think the fog surrounds are different too.

I definately wouldn't do this, I would rather repair the original sline bumper.

Again, I'd stick with the SLine bumper or go down the DTM route, I'm personally not a fan of the SE bumper at all

the DTM grill will fit the se bumper but its the same as the se one

the rs4 grill is a direct fit to the sline bumper.

the se bumper doesn't have foglight grills there built in already.

but why put the se bumper on an sline post a pic of the damage

Thanks for the replies guys.

The damage could deffo be repaired, but i'd rather get a replacement and do the grille mod, then just swap it over.

I would rather stick with an S-Line bumper than an SE if I can find one at a sensible price

How much would you pay for a s line bumper? I've got a compete one with headlight washers for sale

how much ?

Thanks Mac, I'd looked at your fs thread on the bumper before, £200 is a fair price if its in good nick and with the grille. But its a bit far for me to trek and delivery would be expensive :(

Cool mate. It cost me £30 to get it delivered when I bought it using parcel force.

Make me an offer if your interested lol