What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Are you applying seal feed to exterior plastic on the mini mate erm.. ... Interesting to how that turns oot as its normally only for rubber

I did looks really black

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
c88216eabd14dad2343b9f490b207c57.jpg

d9d0753ab98e00f1077a2951506a89ee.jpg

£5 from Halfords - it’s wheelie good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Jassyo06

Lol Rob. Halfords will sell lots of them now. @q5man, don’t think you have one of these yet.

Reactions: NevMan, Pook, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
This stuff is the mutts nuts for plastic wheel arch spats .....

5fa68b34f76f235a588e5d9e4ae82c6a.png

Reactions: NevMan

Ye don't mind paying a fiver for a wheel brush like that mate, but spending £40 on one just for it to get ruined after a few washes no no.... I'll get one this weekend no washing cars that weekend for Jassy
Was partying and got mad with it on Saturday night still hungover lol first time l was out in 18 months

Reactions: Rob2k68

Was my first wheel brush and on my 5-6th wash I managed to bent it like Beckham . Never again ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Well I finally caved in and bought the Kranzle pressure washer I've been wanting for quite a while. I blame it on temporary insanity. They're not worth the money as there's no way they ever could be, but I can see a lot of quality differences between it and the Nilfisk P150 I bought before it.

01   Kranzle

02   Kranzle

I've also bought the fitting to go on my snow foam lance and a swivel fitting for the hose, but I forgot to take a picture of them. I also got a bottle of Bouncer's Done and Dusted to try out. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, A4A4, NevMan and 1 other person
Well I finally caved in and bought the Kranzle pressure washer I've been wanting for quite a while. I blame it on temporary insanity. They're not worth the money as there's no way they ever could be, but I can see a lot of quality differences between it and the Nilfisk P150 I bought before it.

View attachment 161801

View attachment 161802

I've also bought the fitting to go on my snow foam lance and a swivel fitting for the hose, but I forgot to take a picture of them. I also got a bottle of Bouncer's Done and Dusted to try out. :)
That'll blast the paint right aff yer motor lol looks a lot less hassle to use with the built in hose reel mate, class bit of kit and overkill like you say... But if it makes you happy that's what life is all about

Reactions: Supa Koopa and NevMan

View attachment 161801

View attachment 161802

Nice one @Supa Koopa :icon thumright:

You have been talking about one for awhile. did you get group buy? Or just single purchase?
I have to say, your tip for the rubber hose replacement has given my Karcher K5 Premium a new lease of life.

I am sure you will let us know how this performs.
On the plus side, you can change your white S3 to Nardo, just by using this beast, as @jassyo06 alluded to :rockwoot:

Reactions: Jassyo06
That'll blast the paint right aff yer motor lol looks a lot less hassle to use with the built in hose reel mate, class bit of kit and overkill like you say... But if it makes you happy that's what life is all about

Yeah I had to have the hose reel, I could've saved quite a bit of cash if I'd not bothered but for ease of use I just had to have it. My old Karcher had the hose reel so I'd would definitely have missed it . Yeah, I need to remember to keep it on the wide fan or as you say it'll start stripping stuff off the car, hopefully it would stop at the coatings but after seeing what it did to the pavement I'm not so sure. :)

Nice one @Supa Koopa :icon thumright:

You have been talking about one for awhile. did you get group buy? Or just single purchase?
I have to say, your tip for the rubber hose replacement has given my Karcher K5 Premium a new lease of life.

I am sure you will let us know how this performs.
On the plus side, you can change your white S3 to Nardo, just by using this beast, as @jassyo06 alluded to :rockwoot:

I gave up waiting for the group buy as the company in question are just taking too long. They kepr saying in a couple of weeks, so I thought sod it I'm just buying it.

I'm really glad to hear the hose worked out okay, I knew they were good and I was really happy with mine, but you aren't always sure what other people's reactions will be when you recommend something. My old Karcher will be on its way to the skip soon but I've already taken the hose off to keep. :)

I've not used it fully in anger on the car as yet but it's cleaned the wheels up really well, much better than my old Karcher did (just a blast from the washer that is, no cleaner or agitation). It's a bit higher proper working pressure (130bar) than the Karcher's advertised pressure, but it's pumping out 10 litres a minute at that pressure which is making all the difference. I know it's overkill and probably no better than other makes for what I need it for, but I wanted one and I didn't want to have to worry about it ever again. As Jassyo06 say's it makes me happy. :)

I think I may take a step or two back from the car when I use it, I like Nardo but I don't want patchy primer showing through....! :D

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Here is my next purchase. . . Just got to pay for a holiday first though should get it in a few weeks time
Screenshot 20180801 173051

Reactions: Supa Koopa, Rob2k68 and A4A4

View attachment 161801

View attachment 161802

To my setup, this is 'David and Goliath'

Thumbs up to you, Sir

I'll will stick to my pressure sprayer.

Reactions: Audib5fan, Supa Koopa, NevMan and 1 other person
To my setup, this is 'David and Goliath'

Thumbs up to you, Sir

I'll will stick to my pressure sprayer.
Ye never know there could be a Kranzle pressure washer up for sale in a few weeks at a bargain price..... when @Supa Koopa has to get some quick dosh together for a respray lol

Reactions: Audib5fan, Supa Koopa, NevMan and 1 other person
Finally got hold of a DA polisher.

8FE7EF3F 3558 45CF B4A8 070406EBFD57

If get round to it may give it a spin tomorrow.

Courtesy of @Tashfeen . Thanks looks the business.

Reactions: Audib5fan, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 4 others
First time, so a little nervous. Remind what DA stands for again. Is it Detailing Amateur. It is in my case.

Think I go steady.....

Reactions: Scotty75, Jassyo06 and NevMan
First time, so a little nervous. Remind what DA stands for again. Is it Detailing Amateur. It is in my case.

Think I go steady.....

Detailing afficianto

Ye don't mind paying a fiver for a wheel brush like that mate, but spending £40 on one just for it to get ruined after a few washes no no.... I'll get one this weekend no washing cars that weekend for Jassy
Was partying and got mad with it on Saturday night still hungover lol first time l was out in 18 months

The green bit can peel off and go in the washing machine so a win win - haha good effort mate, I'm sure I'd be a complete light weight if I were to go out on the pop.

Was my first wheel brush and on my 5-6th wash I managed to bent it like Beckham . Never again ...

Cripes, It seems pretty robust and well made - how did you manage that ?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man
I'm really glad to hear the hose worked out okay, I knew they were good and I was really happy with mine, but you aren't always sure what other people's reactions will be when you recommend something. My old Karcher will be on its way to the skip soon but I've already taken the hose off to keep. :)
Interested to hear your recommendation on were to get a rubber hose. Looking to get one for my Nilfisk.

Reactions: SPIKE_, Supa Koopa and Jassyo06
Cripes, It seems pretty robust and well made - how did you manage that ?

Don't know to be honest. It was very early days of me getting in to detailing and I was very much a novice (still am ). I did try using it couple of times afterwards but didn't last long.

I used it on my B5 A4 and maybe I applied to much pressure while cleaning the alloys - the below ones:

981dcf70871fd6d973378bb6351be7cf.jpeg

Reactions: Audib5fan and Rob2k68
A friend is selling his Merc E220 (W212) and A3 8P and wanted me to 'detail' the car before he puts them on Auto Trader. Not only that, he forced me to buy stuff for 'his' detail as well. As they say, 'what are friends for' ... I already have a few items but had to order a tad bit more to just to make sure:

d04950249416309eaaaec768d9e67ef6.png

Reactions: NevMan and A4A4
A friend is selling his Merc E220 (W212) and A3 8P and wanted me to 'detail' the car before he puts them on Auto Trader. Not only that, he forced me to buy stuff for 'his' detail as well. As they say, 'what are friends for' ... I already have a few items but had to order a tad bit more to just to make sure:

You may want to add a chemical guys medium cut orange pad to your list as well some S30 gold xxl could be invaluable as S20 won't correct out the paint if it's that badly scratched, have you inspected the paint

You may want to add a chemical guys medium cut orange pad to your list as well some S30 gold xxl could be invaluable as S20 won't correct out the paint if it's that badly scratched, have you inspected the paint

Cheers mate. I corrected the paint last year when he initially decided to sell the cars but didn't.

I was with him Tuesday night and had a look at the paint and given he is a regular £5 hand car wash guy the paint didn't look too bad. I have Megs cutting compound that I am planning on using as a first step.

Was on the phone with CYC as I forgot to add CarPro Reset to the order. Just asked them to add Orange Pad as well. Both added now

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
@Tashfeen has S40 not S20 listed above ^ @jassyo06

Reactions: V6_Man

Just need to add some makeup brushes there @Tashfeen :chuncky:

Reactions: Sandra, V6_Man and Jassyo06

Cheers mate. I corrected the paint last year when he initially decided to sell the cars but didn't.

I was with him Tuesday night and had a look at the paint and given he is a regular £5 hand car wash guy the paint didn't look too bad. I have Megs cutting compound that I am planning on using as a first step.

Was on the phone with CYC as I forgot to add CarPro Reset to the order. Just asked them to add Orange Pad as well. Both added now

2 cars that's gonna be tiring mate, l used carpro reset on @MattSedg car he bought it, didn't rate nor do I rate Gtechniq panel.... Best by a long way bilt hamber cleansing fluid, it just removes the polish that much easier and you use less of it

Reactions: V6_Man
2 cars that's gonna be tiring mate, l used carpro reset on @MattSedg car he bought it, didn't rate nor do I rate Gtechniq panel.... Best by a long way bilt hamber cleansing fluid, it just removes the polish that much easier and you use less of it

I am not looking forward to it, at all. There is nothing in it for me but you can't say no to a few friends can you. Been together for too long .

He is useless when it comes to washing and I k ow if he touches the car while I am doing anything to it, it is going to annoy me

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
I am not looking forward to it, at all. There is nothing in it for me but you can't say no to a few friends can you. Been together for too long .

He is useless when it comes to washing and I k ow if he touches the car while I am doing anything to it, it is going to annoy me

But you love it really @Tashfeen :friends:
2 Questions I have:

1. Is he going to sell this time
2. How does he keep them looking all shiny and new after you have finished until he sells :scared2:

Photos or it didny happen but as long as he's paying for the kit and you keep it then at least your getting some reward for it mate

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Photos or it didny happen but as long as he's paying for the kit and you keep it then at least your getting some reward for it mate
Yep, that S20/S40 is pricey, £100 ea from memory :whistle2: