What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Reason you don’t see me posting what I bought etc is because I don’t need anymore products mate I got everything I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why you on this thread then? Show us ur handiwork, or does your product just sit there? I listen to people who prove they know what they are doing by posting pictures of finished product end of. #putuporshutup lol

So why you on this thread then? Show us ur handiwork, or does your product just sit there? I listen to people who prove they know what they are doing by posting pictures of finished product end of. #putuporshutup lol

I’m quite entitled to view this thread and this is what you bought thread not show us work thread etc so that be going off topic wouldn’t it

If you use prep or ipa u just gonna wipe what you have just done away and you are back to square one

?? The polish corrects/finishes the paint, you remove the polish to reveal the corrected paint, then do as you wish...wax, coat, seal.

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
?? The polish corrects/finishes the paint, you remove the polish to reveal the corrected paint, then do as you wish...wax, coat, seal.

But apparently according detailing b5fan hand polishing is a waste of time. Wow, a lot of people out there wasting their time. Bit like Sauk g not using jet wash is waste of time. Makes it easier to do in both cases, but normal hose does the job, just ask @A4A4

Reactions: A4A4
If you use prep or ipa u just gonna wipe what you have just done away and you are back to square one

Again ..... I ain't making sense of what your posting .. About, what is square one?
You wash and dry the car, you polish a sill wipe down repeat.. Till YOUR happy with the results.... Where is square one in all of this?
Scholl concepts says on his application directions.... Can also be applied by hand but hey that's not the case anymore

Reactions: NevMan
Again ..... I ain't making sense of what your posting .. About, what is square one?
You wash and dry the car, you polish a sill wipe down repeat.. Till YOUR happy with the results.... Where is square one in all of this?
Scholl concepts says on his application directions.... Can also be applied by hand but hey that's not the case anymore

Don’t worry about it

So going to buy the Flex carrier bag and some snowfoam l want to buy some other products but can't think of any that would be really beneficial ... Any ideas/recommendations guys

Reactions: Alan999 and Sandra
If any of you are frustrated with spray bottles (like the cr*p Auto Finesse ones), I can highly recommend these:

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/kwazar-sprayers.aspx

Not too pricey, starting at £7.95 for 0.5L, but trust me, proper quality, and feels like they will really last.
Really good nozzle adjustment between fine spray and more targeted application, and double action triggers.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and jungle650
If any of you are frustrated with spray bottles (like the cr*p Auto Finesse ones), I can highly recommend these:

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/kwazar-sprayers.aspx

Not too pricey, starting at £7.95 for 0.5L, but trust me, proper quality, and feels like they will really last.
Really good nozzle adjustment between fine spray and more targeted application, and double action triggers.

OK l will try one of these **** knows what to put in it though lol

@q5man - Remember it's best to throw away the microfibre cloths after your applied the CSL. I used the costco ones when I did mine as they were brand new, fairly cheap and I didn't mind throwing them in the bin. Basically the residue crystallizes and you can end up scratching your car if you use them again. Wasn't sure if you knew that or not.

@jassyo06 - I know you like the microfibre madness incredimitt stuff, do you have the incrediflair? Basically a wash mitt for the wheels. It's more like a glove so has your thumb sticking out. I just find it easier cleaning the backs of the spokes.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/microfiber-madness-incrediflair.html

Looks a bit crap on the picture as it just looks like a mitt, but I find it really easy to use

@q5man - Remember it's best to throw away the microfibre cloths after your applied the CSL. I used the costco ones when I did mine as they were brand new, fairly cheap and I didn't mind throwing them in the bin. Basically the residue crystallizes and you can end up scratching your car if you use them again. Wasn't sure if you knew that or not.

@jassyo06 - I know you like the microfibre madness incredimitt stuff, do you have the incrediflair? Basically a wash mitt for the wheels. It's more like a glove so has your thumb sticking out. I just find it easier cleaning the backs of the spokes.

Looks a bit **** on the picture as it just looks like a mitt, but I find it really easy to use
To be honest l had a Gtechniq wheel mitt didn't like it plus the wheels l have on my car are extremely easy to wash inside l just use a 2 bob sponge for the barrels plus a old relegated incredimitt for the wheel facings... Think l will just hang fire and go for something tasty in a month or so ... See what takes my fancy then

Reactions: Supa Koopa

Looks a bit **** on the picture as it just looks like a mitt, but I find it really easy to use
@Supa Koopa - Many thanks for tip, but yes, I was aware. Funny enough @FranA3 also uses the Costco ones when coating..

The increditflair does make sense, as I end up wrapping hand round spokes to get to the back. Wheel Woolies and Incredibrush do quite a good job too

Reactions: Jassyo06
@Supa Koopa - Many thanks for tip, but yes, I was aware. Funny enough @FranA3 also uses the Costco ones when coating..

The increditflair does make sense, as I end up wrapping hand round spokes to get to the back. Wheel Woolies and Incredibrush do quite a good job too

That's good then. :)

I have a full set of wheel woolies but the large one is just too big for the S3 as it catches on the discs all the time. I just fine the incrediflair easier to use than a normal mitt as you can get your hands in easier. If it ever wears out I'll be buying another one for sure. :)

That's good then. :)

I have a full set of wheel woolies but the large one is just too big for the S3 as it catches on the discs all the time. I just fine the incrediflair easier to use than a normal mitt as you can get your hands in easier. If it ever wears out I'll be buying another one for sure. :)
I know what you are saying, I currently use an older mitt to do this, but this does look good

Little delivery today

8fe06f1cf1c7867b143407cc43a1fcb2.jpg

Reactions: Supa Koopa, James__S3, Pook and 3 others
Guys, need some suggestions. I have been using all sorts of makeup and paint brushed to clean the gaps between seats and door sills as well as between seats and the centre console area on both the cars.

I also have a handheld Black & Decker as well as a Dyson (both cordless and with all sorts of attachments) which whilst can be used in these areas it has left the panels 'injured' on a few occasions. And I dont like them scratch marks on the panels, at all!

What do you guys use to clean these areas. Would appreciate suggestions.

Last edited:
Guys, need some suggestions. I have been using all sorts of makeup and paint brushed to clean the gaps between seats and door sills as well as between seats and the centre console area on both the cars.

I also have a handheld Black & Decker as well as a Dyson (both cordless and with all sorts of attachments) which whilst can be used in these areas it has left the panels 'injured' on a few occasions. And I dont like them scratch marks on the panels, at all!

What do you guys use to clean these areas. Would appreciate suggestions.

Wrap the nozzles with sparky insulating tape

Reactions: Taxboy, NevMan and jungle650
One of these camera lens air pump came useful for those tight crevices which gather tiny bits.

781FCA98 8A70 4C0C 9320 E61B1EBC239A

Use it now to blow the dust off MMI screen, out of air vents etc.. always kept in the glove box.

Reactions: Pook, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
One of these camera lens air pump came useful for those tight crevices which gather tiny bits.

View attachment 161482

Use it now to blow the dust off MMI screen, out of air vents etc.. always kept in the glove box.
That takes me back! I remember my dad having one of these for his camera.....very RETRO.

Not so retro still use a rocket blower to clean the dust off my digital slr sensor
That takes me back! I remember my dad having one of these for his camera.....very RETRO.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Not so retro still use a rocket blower to clean the dust off my digital slr sensor

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Haha, I’m sure they’re still used for all types of things these days.....like detailing!

Reactions: Taxboy

View attachment 161482

Brilliant idea @A4A4. This is what I love about the forum, someone will come up with an ingenious idea.

Reactions: A4A4 and NevMan
Brilliant idea @A4A4. This is what I love about the forum, someone will come up with an ingenious idea.

A brilliant idea indeed by @A4A4.
Another option and for a bit more “pressure” (mindful @A4A4 not a fan of pressure washers) could be one of these:

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml Amazon product

Reactions: A4A4 and V6_Man
Link not working just search on Amazon, it is compressed air

Reactions: V6_Man
I use these products
Sonax
Absolutely great stuff
20180719 160032 1920x1440 20180719 160445 1920x1440
Also use sonax wheel cleaner ,sonax detailer.
Sonax winter windscreen wash and summer one too.
Can't beat this stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Finally ordered a DI Vessel after a lot of phaffing around. I can't think of anything I need just now, maybe some more PERL as I'm getting a bit low. But I've proabalby got everything else covered until I'm about 95 lol

nice one, let us know what you think of DI. LOL, that is what I think every week (enough product), then manage to find something to buy.
I am sure I am fine and stocked up now after buying CSL from @jassyo06, IPA, Scholl S20 and related pads for coating of door sills. Car will then be fully protected.

Oh yes, and a small matter of the SwissVax Seal, which is ****** pricey, but is apparently the b*llocks. Used for 1st time on the black trim and rubber of JCW, including wheel arches. Will see how long this lasts, but it certainly is back to black :icon thumright:

Reactions: Scotty75
@jassyo06 tis has to be the next purchase:

Reactions: Jassyo06
nice one, let us know what you think of DI. LOL, that is what I think every week (enough product), then manage to find something to buy.
I am sure I am fine and stocked up now after buying CSL from @jassyo06, IPA, Scholl S20 and related pads for coating of door sills. Car will then be fully protected.

Oh yes, and a small matter of the SwissVax Seal, which is ****** pricey, but is apparently the b*llocks. Used for 1st time on the black trim and rubber of JCW, including wheel arches. Will see how long this lasts, but it certainly is back to black :icon thumright:
It needs two
@jassyo06 tis has to be the next purchase:

Looks great lol l lay down on that thing i got, and fell off it... All 3 inches..... to the terra firma lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and V6_Man
It needs two

Looks great lol l lay down on that thing i got, and fell off it... All 3 inches..... to the terra firma lol

Yes, did two coats. Interestingly the bottle says apply another coat 1-2 weeks later

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yes, did two coats. Interestingly the bottle says apply another coat 1-2 weeks later
Are you applying seal feed to exterior plastic on the mini mate erm.. ... Interesting to how that turns oot as its normally only for rubber

Reactions: Rob2k68 and NevMan