What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

I remember watching that a while ago....... Good video

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audib5fan
I remember watching that a while ago....... Good video

Yeah it’s video I used when I got some s20 black just remember to clean your pads etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotty75
Yeah it’s video I used when I got some s20 black just remember to clean your pads etc

And And bilt hamber cleansing fluid the ****** best there is out there, S20 is a ****** to remove speed 1 for spreading speed 4-5 for polishing bosh job done

Reactions: Scotty75, Audib5fan and NevMan
Also l have found to my detriment machine polishing is bad for your Hearing= tinnitus it had gone for awhile but its back after Friday and Saturdays stunt with young matts car always plug yer shell likes up.... Seriously these are extremely noisy machines guys

Also l have found to my detriment machine polishing is bad for your Hearing= tinnitus it had gone for awhile but its back after Friday and Saturdays stunt with young matts car always plug yer shell likes up.... Seriously these are extremely noisy machines guys
hang on a minute there. You had a go at users of gloves, and now you are ****** wearing ear defenders :wtf:
Just get all this hard graft done by a detailer, and enjoy maintenance cleans lol

hang on a minute there. You had a go at users of gloves, and now you are ****** wearing ear defenders :wtf:
Just get all this hard graft done by a detailer, and enjoy maintenance cleans lol

I wouldn't trust/pay anyone to work on my car it's just the way l am, gloves are for fanny's little scratches pffff, but your Hearing is vitally important and tinnitus is far more annoying than any cut trust me it can drive you ****** mad
Besides my temporary place of work has all the facilities l need for my pre winter detail =September so l will do my full car with a paint correction and apply something that will see it easily through the winter months

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
At the risk of sounding like a right pillock , Is the Bilt Hamber for cleaning the pads or wiping over the panels post polishing ?

At the risk of sounding like a right pillock , I'd the Bilt Hamber for cleaning the pads or wiping over the panels post polishing ?

Clensing fluid to wipe polish off when you done the polishing mate and before you start as well

At the risk of sounding like a right pillock , Is the Bilt Hamber for cleaning the pads or wiping over the panels post polishing ?

Right pillock lol the polish will wipe away with a cloth but not totally you'll need the cleansing fluid or a ipa mix to remove the excess polish as it's quite oily to reveal the damage you've inflicted on your paint work lol
Tip divide the bonnet and doors up into 3 parts ,the wings into 2 parts ie tape the wing in half at 12 o'clock and work it from the top/12 o'clock downwards on either side of the tape divide the roof into 3 parts ,bumpers into 2 parts.. .. It's a doddle

Reactions: Audib5fan and Scotty75
Cheers Wasnt planning on doing damage lol....... Just want a more thorough job this time round.

So far I've only been using polish / glaze, serious about it now lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
Right pillock lol the polish will wipe away with a cloth but not totally you'll need the cleansing fluid or a ipa mix to remove the excess polish as it's quite oily to reveal the damage you've inflicted on your paint work lol
Tip divide the bonnet and doors up into 3 parts ,the wings into 2 parts ie tape the wing in half at 12 o'clock and work it from the top/12 o'clock downwards on either side of the tape divide the roof into 3 parts ,bumpers into 2 parts.. .. It's a doddle

Exactly what he says just don’t have time to write it out just take ur time

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Cheers Wasnt planning on doing damage lol....... Just want a more thorough job this time round.

Good luck just ask if you need any help

Thanks mate, will do. Learnt a lot since being here already and started a bit of a hobby I guess. Already amassing a nice product collection....... Looking for something storage wise next. Keep all the gear together etc.

Reactions: NevMan and Audib5fan

That's what l like to hear mate it's impossible to do damage with the DA.... Barring chucking it thru yer windscreen, it's important you remove/clean the pad after each set otherwise the pad will clog up the pores of the pad rendering the pad useless a tell tale sign is dusting, after yer first pass you'll gain so much confidence and your technique will also improve

Got to admit I after doing the car with poorboys Black Hole / DA I was impressed with my beginner results. Moving to a proper compound I'm nervous and curious how it will turn out.......

Reactions: NevMan, Audib5fan and Jassyo06
Beginning to become a bit of a perfectionist...... Maybe slight OCD lol

Got to admit I after doing the car with poorboys Black Hole / DA I was impressed with my beginner results. Moving to a proper compound I'm nervous and curious how it will turn out.......

Lol same principles apply S20 is probably the best one step polish out there, l used sonax profiline on some of the panels on matts car on Saturday but it doesn't like the warm weather start with bonnet it's the easiest panel to polish then the two front wings and stand back and admire

Reactions: NevMan, Audib5fan and Scotty75
Anyway, got to do a good job.

Me and thees missus been invited to a "Audi Ride And Drive Day".

I know..... Big sales pitch and all but it's at a really nice location, complimentary BBQ and Polo match.

Oh yeah.. . . . And get to drive a 2018 Q7 and S5 coupe.

Can't be turning up with a dirty, non gleaming motor now can I

Reactions: Audib5fan and Jassyo06
What's the S20 like to use on a sunny day mate... Is it a no no ?

What's the S20 like to use on a sunny day mate... Is it a no no ?

Don't use it on warm paint mate in the shade always, it's a diminishing abrasive it cuts firstly and refines and polishes at the later stages of the set so it won't work properly on warm paint as it will dry up

Reactions: NevMan, Audib5fan and Scotty75
Thanks mate, will do. Learnt a lot since being here already and started a bit of a hobby I guess. Already amassing a nice product collection....... Looking for something storage wise next. Keep all the gear together etc.

Becomes addiction lol you get more and more products and bits for the car and then end up with to much

Anyway, got to do a good job.

Me and thees missus been invited to a "Audi Ride And Drive Day".

I know..... Big sales pitch and all but it's at a really nice location, complimentary BBQ and Polo match.

Oh yeah.. . . . And get to drive a 2018 Q7 and S5 coupe.

Can't be turning up with a dirty, non gleaming motor now can I

Sounds good to me lucky guy getting to drive s5, I’m sure you will do good enough job with polishing

I know what you mean, already given some Auto Glym polish to my daughters boyfriend

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Audib5fan
I know what you mean, already given some Auto Glym polish to my daughters boyfriend

Good starting polish I still got some laying around think everyone has/had some

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
Morning chaps!

Quick question for those of you with DA's...
Do you use smaller pads at all? Eg. 3" / 3.5" etc?
If so, can you recommend a backing plate? Some of the ones I've seen have an M6 spindle whereas the standard DA spindle is 5/16 I think.
Any advice appreciated

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Good starting polish I still got some laying around think everyone has/had some

Yep, literally shedloads of autoglym products from the days of (shudder) getting supaguard etc

Some goodies from slims to play with this weekend
4e77a6b1006217e074ec1f04265d2f81.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pook, Audib5fan, SPIKE_ and 2 others
Morning chaps!

Quick question for those of you with DA's...
Do you use smaller pads at all? Eg. 3" / 3.5" etc?
If so, can you recommend a backing plate? Some of the ones I've seen have an M6 spindle whereas the standard DA spindle is 5/16 I think.
Any advice appreciated

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

When I spoke to Imran @ In2Detailing about using a 3-3.5" backing plate on my DA (Meguiars G220 V2) he advised me against it and it is because of excessive vibrations that you get with smaller plates/pads. His recommendation was to buy a smaller one with smaller plates and pads, which is designed solely for this job. So, I didn't buy smaller plates

I'd suggest you call him and discuss the options with him - he is a top bloke and will be happy to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Scotty75, Audib5fan and 2 others

Can't believe you can get all this year now at Halfords!

Yep, literally shedloads of autoglym products from the days of (shudder) getting supaguard etc

Some of it is good stuff I still use autogylm from time to time but you wouldn’t see me using supaguard

Let us know if the ryvita thins are any good

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Just spulrged another £50 at in2detailing. I only wanted a couple of bits, but had to get more to get the free delivery. I struggled as there isn't anything I really needed lol. So ended up getting

2 Hose-eez hose guards - only needed 2 due to my set up, but catching the PW hose on the wheels seriously hacks me off, so hoping these are good.
5 Korean 470gsm cloths. I've got loads of these already, but not the grey ones lol
4 spray bottles
Dr Leather wipes
Some Bouncers air freshener to push the cost over £50 after the DW discount.

I'll try to remember to post up pics.

I've so many different air fresheners now, but none last. Even the California Scents have gone bad these days - I thought they were fakes but even the ones from Halfords don't last. So - I've bought one of those mini diffusers from ebay for a few quid and a selection of essential fragrance oils. Altogether it's cost no more that £8. So even if it's carp not much cash wasted on yet another Air Freshener (no recommendations please as I almost certainly own them already).

Next purchase will likely be a DI vessel. United Utilities website tells me my water is 6.75 Clarkes (about 100 ppm TDS). However bought a cheapo TDS meter from ebay and it's reading 200 ppm. Maybe it's the warm weather pushing up the readingss. Anyway I'm researching DI vessels and will probalby just go for an 11 litre version from Daqua or 7 litre from Raceglaze for final rinsing. But I do need to collar my window cleaner as he uses 0ppm water when he does our windows and I've seen the water dry to no markings. Maybe I could nadge some resin off him as he likely gets it trade.

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
I know the feeling, you hunt around for stuff to buy to get up to the £50...lol, they must love us suckers!

My water is 225ppm, and loving the raceglaze so far, but keeping tabs on how long the 7L resin lasts. (Can connect to pressure washer, so uses very little for final rinse).
Have just ordered 25L bag for £82 delivered, so am ready to change resin when needed. -I was sent this link by another member who got it from his window cleaner, but worth chatting to your bloke.

As per other thread, Raceglaze charge £150 for 25L bag, so worth shopping around.

Reactions: pxr5, V6_Man, Audib5fan and 1 other person
Quick question......

I've got some serious polishing to do tomorrow but forgot to get some Bilt Hamber. I do however have a big bottle of Isopropyl in the cupboard. Can this be used for panel wiping ?

Only ask because I'm sure using an IPA mix had been mentioned here at some point.

Quick question......

I've got some serious polishing to do tomorrow but forgot to get some Bilt Hamber. I do however have a big bottle of Isopropyl in the cupboard. Can this be used for panel wiping ?

Only ask because I'm sure using an IPA mix had been mentioned here at some point.

It will work for a quick fix 65/35 mix...65 ipa 35 water

Reactions: V6_Man, Scotty75 and Audib5fan
Thanks once again @jassy06

Reactions: Audib5fan and Jassyo06
My Das 6 PRO PLUS.....will be for sale in 3 weeks £90 delivered if anyone is interested

Reactions: V6_Man