spare key reprogramming

bigblokey0

Reaction score
ive got a spare key that i bought off ebay with a blank blade it came with instructions ive since had it cut however ive got to get it programmed to the imobiliser i phoned audi and they want 45 quid is there a way i can do this myself or anywhere cheaper?

Please do a search its been answered a million times....
Short answer:
Provided its the right type of transponder in the key Audi will need to do it OR you need Vagcom and the immobiliser code (you may need to to get code from Audi)
The remote part (provided its the right frequency) you can program yourself.....

Hope you get it sorted, I too got a Ebay key and they don't always work.

Si

great!!!!

ive programmed it to open the doors and it does start the car however the imobiliser flashes when the car is running so i gotta get it programmed to the key

bigblokey0 said:
great!!!!

ive programmed it to open the doors and it does start the car however the imobiliser flashes when the car is running so i gotta get it programmed to the key

Nice 1-Let us know how u get on, looks like you have done exactly what I have done, out of interest did you get the new shape key or an older squarer shape key?

Here is my thread about me doing the same as you! :p

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=23725

Si

ive got the older three button one that cost me 56 quid off ebay so if that dont work im gunna be ****** i have spoke to audi and they said there happy to reprogram it though

Ahhh right, I think it will work then-As per my post in other thread-the older keys seem to be going for more than the brand new shape keys.
I reckon you will get it sorted no probs. Let us know the outcome :)