Newbe saying hi & a needing a little help pls :-)

LyndsB

Reaction score
Hey all,

Checking in to say hi :redface new:

I'm Lynds, drive a 2001 facelift S3 :racer:

All these emoji's really are quite amusing me!

I'm looking for a little help and wondered if anyone here could :sos:
I need both xenon headlights for my S3, they are the 1 piece lamps. Would anyone have any for sale or recommend where I could get a pair from at all please?

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks and look forward to chatting

:sign welcome: LyndsB,

you could always try Parts Request on this forum, but suggest you are sitting down when you get a reply, lol!
Enjoy the Forum.
JG

:sign welcome: LyndsB,

you could always try Parts Request on this forum, but suggest you are sitting down when you get a reply, lol!
Enjoy the Forum.
JG

Hmmm I know!! Although I won't be paying for them. I brought the car from a garage who thought this chick was a plonker who wouldn't notice they were broken!! I appreciate they may have margins....but you don't sell a car which shouldn't be on the road! Happy days :wtf:

Needless to say it's back with them until sorted. It's fair to say I would describe myself as a 'satisfied customer' to be polite!!

Reactions: RS5 JON
If the garage is paying, I'd defo give them an estimate from Parts Request or even Audi dealer, at least then you know your getting new genuine parts.
JG

If the garage is paying, I'd defo give them an estimate from Parts Request or even Audi dealer, at least then you know your getting new genuine parts.
JG
I don't think they are keen on the £600 per unit and I don't blame them. I am not unreasonable and wouldn't expect new on a car of that age but 2nd hand ones are so hard to find!

They also should not have sold the car in the first place so I shall be patient......for a while!! Nightmare, I am so unlucky!

Yeh, £600 each is a bit steep! :scared2:

As you say though, they shouldn't have sold it to you like that in the first place, cowboys!
Hope your luck changes soon and they get you a set asap.
JG

Ebay Seller, anypartsanytime2000, look as if they have what your looking for, I think, £80 each. Hope they're the ones your looking for.
JG

Hi, welcome to Audi-sport.net. If you look in classifieds section I'm sure there is a 2000 plate s3 breaking for parts. Enjoy the forum :) x

Reactions: LyndsB
Ebay Seller, anypartsanytime2000, look as if they have what your looking for, I think, £80 each. Hope they're the ones your looking for.
JG

Thank you so much for looking for me :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:
I couldn't seem to find that seller......maybe I am having a blonde moment!! :innocent:
Was there an item number you could forward to me please? I have been looking everywhere inc Ebay with no joy but hopefully I have missed something!

I shouldn't be doing the leg work but I am missing my car :s3addict:. I am in a 'reasonably priced car' at the moment hehehe a Lacetti :oncomingcar::oncomingcar:!! It is hilarious to drive!

Hi, welcome to Audi-sport.net. If you look in classifieds section I'm sure there is a 2000 plate s3 breaking for parts. Enjoy the forum :) x
Thanks Sandra, that's great. I shall go take a look :blackrs4: x

Reactions: Sandra
I see you found it. Hope they have lights you after. :) x

I see you found it. Hope they have lights you after. :) x
I did indeed and thank you, I hope so too! I'd only had it less than a week before the heat shield fell off so it went back, then 1st time at night noticed the headlights were up the swanny so it's back with them. Very frustrating!!!!! x

I did indeed and thank you, I hope so too! I'd only had it less than a week before the heat shield fell off so it went back, then 1st time at night noticed the headlights were up the swanny so it's back with them. Very frustrating!!!!! x
Your welcome x

Thank you so much for looking for me :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:
I couldn't seem to find that seller......maybe I am having a blonde moment!! :innocent:
Was there an item number you could forward to me please? I have been looking everywhere inc Ebay with no joy but hopefully I have missed something!

I shouldn't be doing the leg work but I am missing my car :s3addict:. I am in a 'reasonably priced car' at the moment hehehe a Lacetti :oncomingcar::oncomingcar:!! It is hilarious to drive!

type into ebay search - Audi S3 8L O/S Drivers Front Xenon Headlight Lamp **Clearance** .
Have a look at sellers other items for passenger side.

Your Welcome, suggest you make sure they work ect before buying.
JG

type into ebay search - Audi S3 8L O/S Drivers Front Xenon Headlight Lamp **Clearance** .
Have a look at sellers other items for passenger side.

Your Welcome, suggest you make sure they work ect before buying.
JG
Thanks so much for all your help, really really appreciate it.

Have a feeling a bit of jumping up and down might be taking place with the garage I brought from!!!!

Reactions: RS5 JON
Glad I could help, enjoy your S3, in the dark now aswell, lol.
Just a suggestion, I'd pass info on to the garage and let them do the rest of the leg work, you should try to get a free service or something as a finders fee though. :yes:
JG

Glad I could help, enjoy your S3, in the dark now aswell, lol.
Just a suggestion, I'd pass info on to the garage and let them do the rest of the leg work, you should try to get a free service or something as a finders fee though. :yes:
JG
I know I shouldn't be doing the leg work but I have a feeling I'll be waiting a lifetime to get my car back otherwise!

I got them to do a full service with Haldex and brake fluid before I brought it. They don't know I have previously worked motortrade for 11 years so when I did the deal I think the sales chap was a little shocked with my knowledge.

It's all just so disappointing as the car has gone back to them in week 1 and now back with them for over a week from week 2 of owning it.

I will get the old girl back eventually and she will be spanking, I'm determined!!! :whip: hehe

Reactions: Sandra and RS5 JON