Revo don't have a map yet

Banana split

Reaction score
The guys at airtec have said revo don't have a map yet for the later S1 yet which sucks. Dose anyone know anywhere that can yet ?

The guys at airtec have said revo don't have a map yet for the later S1 yet which sucks. Dose anyone know anywhere that can yet ?
Maybe you could get in touch with @Revo Steve-W and he will be able to tell you where revo stand in this matter. :) x

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
They have a map for the early s1 but the later s1 they can't get into the ecu again as the software different or something. I just called the HQ in uk and asked they confirmed what I was told said they are he having same problem with new golf R and GTI they told me there tec guy is working on it everyday

They have a map for the early s1 but the later s1 they can't get into the ecu again as the software different or something. I just called the HQ in uk and asked they confirmed what I was told said they are he having same problem with new golf R and GTI they told me there tec guy is working on it everyday

Oh

Yeah I know it sucks. AMD said hey might be able to map it but not sure what there like as mate had nothing but problems years ago with his skoda vrs

it is the same 2.0T block isnt it?

Pretty sure all 2015 onward VAG ECU have an encryption change which hasnt been cracked yet by anyone.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and shakey_hand_man
Do Apr have a map yet ? Just that revo is so much more local as my old megane use to use Rs running and was and 450 mile round trip each time

I dont think APR can do these new ECUs yet either

Yeah looks that way buddy. There is a change over point in the MY15 where they cant be done yet.

Do Apr have a map yet ? Just that revo is so much more local as my old megane use to use Rs running and was and 450 mile round trip each time

Yeah my car is running stage 2 but can't confirm if it will work with the new ecu so it might be worth just giving them a call
DTYME83

GIAC can flash these new ECUs, but they have to remove the ECU and flash it on a bench. In my opinion, that's not such a big issue given that any sort of remap invalidates your warranty anyway.

Just got car back from having inter cooler fitted it seems to make a slight difference just need this map issue sorted to see what figures will make with the cooler fitted as well

Last edited:
APR just released a map for the new model S1. Check out their site.

Reactions: DTYME83
Will just be a matter of time to crack the revised ecu

Long & short of it is that Post May/June 15 S1/S3/7R/7GTi/Polo 1.8T etc all have new security on the ECU's (although ECU I.D's can be exactly same on locked & unlocked cars, so only way to check is for dealer to attempt a flash).
So far we are yet to see anyone who has got around this, obviously including Revo. Yes you can manually unlock the ECU, but then that's a permanent unlock and warranty completely void, so not a route we'd consider.

We'll get there, just a matter of time, could be weeks or months. Revo managed to crack the MQB cars when others said they weren't tunable and had to resort to tuning boxes rather than a complete software file, Revo also pioneered port flashing for these newer MQB cars, so we are far from given up yet, just finding the time to get around it whilst having so many other projects on the go.

Once we've cracked it, we'll be shouting, so keep an eye on the Revo website or FaceBook page for updates.

GIAC can flash these new ECUs, but they have to remove the ECU and flash it on a bench. In my opinion, that's not such a big issue given that any sort of remap invalidates your warranty anyway.

A Revo port flashed car can be flashed back to stock at any time, completely removing all traced of the Revo file. We are yet to see a Revo car that's been flashed back to stock have any issues with a warranty claim. a permanent unlock however waves a solid goodbye to your warranty.

Air tec pluged the car in said couldn't be done, but when popped in amd they could as when they checked my car was actually built on 16th March so guessing I have the earlier ecu which is great for me

Air tec pluged the car in said couldn't be done, but when popped in amd they could as when they checked my car was actually built on 16th March so guessing I have the earlier ecu which is great for me

The ECU I.D doesn't change between cars that can & can't be flashed. the only way to know is to attempt a flash/software load onto the ECU. If it'll take it, then it'll obviously work, otherwise it'll kick them out. If Revo can't do it, then others won;t be able to either at this point. Did AirTec attempt a actually Revo software load? might be worth looking into as I would hope a March car would of been pre update on ECU security.

Most people who have tried the flash have been kicked off around 75% of the way through loading the files so im told. So you wont 100% know unless they try to do it.

A Revo port flashed car can be flashed back to stock at any time, completely removing all traced of the Revo file. We are yet to see a Revo car that's been flashed back to stock have any issues with a warranty claim. a permanent unlock however waves a solid goodbye to your warranty.

Thanks for the explanation. This is very interesting news to me. If my turbo blows up and I'm stuck on the side of the road, how could I flash it back to stock? Will the Revo SPS device allow me to do this?

Thanks for the explanation. This is very interesting news to me. If my turbo blows up and I'm stuck on the side of the road, how could I flash it back to stock? Will the Revo SPS device allow me to do this?

It's very much an 'if' question, but yes you'd be advised to have the car recovered to your local Revo dealer ideally, then taken to main dealer from there. We are aware of several cars having issues with auxiliary items such as water pumps on the 2.0TSi which have been to the dealer with the Revo software loaded, warranty work done and no issues at all. however we would always advise flashing to stock prior to a dealer visit to be on the safe side. That said, all of our development 2.0TSi's have been faultless, pushed to the limits over the past few years on track and road, keys given to likes of Evo magazine & Piston heads for a week or so at a time without a single issue, maybe even more surprising to some as our 7R was one of first off the line with what people referred to as the 'weak' turbo.

I'd be very surprised if people didn't take the warranty risk into account when tuning a car, it's all a matter of common sense and something that will remain a grey area, as who knows what could change tomorrow, I can only speak as we've found. For your own car you need to weigh up the massive benefits of tuning over leaving it stock and make your own decision.

so can you confirm that if i have my car revo stage 1 if i ever needed to i could have it removed by my revo dealer and it would be completely un detectable by audi or any one else ?
would revo re install the map later for free if i wanted ??