1.3 MB · Views: 305

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    845.4 KB · Views: 277
Some people would say it's too high because you can see some light under it. Is it practical, does anything rub, do you have large speed humps by you?
If mine was that low I wouldn't get into my works car park, It rubs as it is at the moment.
If the front was a tad lower you would be doing a good job if there was a load of snow around.
Get some mates around and put some weight in the car and see what it's like. It will settle down a bit more probably over the next few weeks.

:whistle2:Looks ok...but consider the settling in period...as above give it the test of weight in the car. if rubs raise to 1,5 finger or 2 finger gap all around.

Will still look effective

Looks OK to me.

As long as you don't get any rubbing its all good IMO

Zero rubbing over bumps, corners well. THe only issue I have is I think the rears are set to its highest point, I'll need to double check this tho, the fronts are near enough at it lowest point. I personally wouldn't have went this low however it was such a hassle turning the coilovers down that I had to leave it for the day. But regardless, it rides fine.

I had a simular height at one point on my old coilovers, I scraped getting on the drive and on speed bumps but anything lower than standard you will. I would say it is a good manageable height tbh, Looks good :)
I set mine lower on air and I bottom out on flat roads... constantly... any lower and you will have issues lol

Reactions: SI-W85
I had a simular height at one point on my old coilovers, I scraped getting on the drive and on speed bumps but anything lower than standard you will. I would say it is a good manageable height tbh, Looks good :)
I set mine lower on air and I bottom out on flat roads... constantly... any lower and you will have issues lol

It rides ok, have scraped slightly on a few high bumps but apart from this it's ok! Only issue is my rear coilovers are at its highest point so only other option is to try replace rear spring and see how it sits with aftermarket shocker or vise versa!!

Sometimes I think it's looks awesome and other times I just wish it was about another finger or finger and a half higher!

It rides ok, have scraped slightly on a few high bumps but apart from this it's ok! Only issue is my rear coilovers are at its highest point so only other option is to try replace rear spring and see how it sits with aftermarket shocker or vise versa!!

Sometimes I think it's looks awesome and other times I just wish it was about another finger or finger and a half higher!
Don't forget Rear perches on ours are mounted upside down compared to other cars on most coilovers, so you wind the coil up to go down, and down to go up :)

Don't forget Rear perches on ours are mounted upside down compared to other cars on most coilovers, so you wind the coil up to go down, and down to go up :)

Right this really confuses me, so let me get this right, I have fitted new shocks (seperate) and springs, the adjustable part fitted with the Spring, this is fitted at the top of the Spring and it wound to its highest point.

So your saying if I wind it down (ie to lower the car in my mind) then it'll adjust the car higher?

Sorry I'm just mega confused how that would work.

Right this really confuses me, so let me get this right, I have fitted new shocks (seperate) and springs, the adjustable part fitted with the Spring, this is fitted at the top of the Spring and it wound to its highest point.

So your saying if I wind it down (ie to lower the car in my mind) then it'll adjust the car higher?

Sorry I'm just mega confused how that would work.
Yep exactly that, is because the perch is upside down, my fk coilovers at the back was exactly the same. You aren't the first person i have spoken to who said "they are wound to the top but too low" and then after explaining wound them down :)

Yep exactly that, is because the perch is upside down, my fk coilovers at the back was exactly the same. You aren't the first person i have spoken to who said "they are wound to the top but too low" and then after explaining wound them down :)
Only the back of the car mind, front is your traditional direction.

I don't even know what a perch is lol my mind is blown here. Certainly gunna give it a go and adjust it. Still no idea how it would work! Some sort of wizardry lol and yes the front are wound down pretty low so should be an easy job to lift it a bit.

Hopefully this is the case that was I don't need to go back to the garage and I can just jack it up at home!

Looks perfect in my opinion! I scrape on major uneven road surfaces and don't attempt any speed bump, turn around n re route. :playful:

Only the back of the car mind, front is your traditional direction.

Ok today wasn't a good day.

Managed to adjust the fronts easy enough but thto backs are mind boggling.

So I wound the adjuster from its highest point to halfway and it actually lowered the car more?! I have no clue what to do, the back is too low and need to go up by about 15-20mm.

Would anyone recommend fitting the OEM spring with the aftermarket shocker? Or vice versa?

looks spot on any lower would be too much any higher is nose bleed territory

Ok today wasn't a good day.

Managed to adjust the fronts easy enough but thto backs are mind boggling.

So I wound the adjuster from its highest point to halfway and it actually lowered the car more?! I have no clue what to do, the back is too low and need to go up by about 15-20mm.

Would anyone recommend fitting the OEM spring with the aftermarket shocker? Or vice versa?
Not the same as the fks then. Personally i would just get some camber at the back and run it, same height i was at static by looks of it and i had no big issue other than speed bumps

Think the height looks good, our Avant is slightly lower at the font, about the same at the rear. Want to lower the rear but already wound right down so going to take the adjusters out which should give us about another 8mm drop...

Looks about the same height as I originally lowered my old B8 to on AP but then lowered it on some H&R and it scraped on cats eyes so not very practical but I didn't have any issues when was on the AP only the occasional speed bump, top pic on AP and bottom pic on H&R

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    703.1 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: AU11 ALS and RS5 JON
Think the height looks good, our Avant is slightly lower at the font, about the same at the rear. Want to lower the rear but already wound right down so going to take the adjusters out which should give us about another 8mm drop...

Have noticed that one side on our Avant is about 10mm lower than the other for an unknown reason, need to take a look but to be honest don't know what I'm looking at!