New 1.8T TTE360 Stage

This is exactly why i wanted to speak to you on the phone to understand but you refused. I was told was spec'd by you and was higher CR then stock and had a head skim of unknown amount. Never mind water under the bridge, car made 335 at only 1.55 bar in the end and niki said was some more in it too and even with the CR drop niki remarked was the one of if not the best spooling hybrid's he'd ever tuned.

Last edited:
I didnt know of a compression issue if is one ? This is all new to me.. interested to know the source Bill as the owner not even told me that.

But regarding compression and im no expert, but not too long ago a motor spec'd tuffty (higher cr) with a TTE300 was mapped by RTECH and didnt do 300 as was suffering from knock if i recall correctly. I looked over the spec and recomended a CR drop gasket fitted (cheapest option). Work was carried out and car was retuned at rtech power went up by 35+hp and torque also.

From my collecting data/results for years with hybrids all best results have come from a lower CR. Now im not saying this is a rule or being arsey but sharing some info of what ive seen.

Back too the UK car in question the owner has been a little under stress due to a personal family issue from last time i spoke few weeks back. I dont want to go into details but i think car is last thing on his mind just now. Hope to share info soon

This may indeed have been that same one.. The compression arguement was made as to why is could'nt be made to work.. Which given it was stock compression as I understand it, albeit on aftermarket pistons, it did'nt make much sense where all other cars on stock pistons, stock compression can make the 300 numbers.. I have done a car with your TTE300 on stock engine, and it did indeed to 300bhp.. No dramas, no reduction in compression. std engine. Who knows. Snake oil and urban myth kicked in, muddying the waters on what actually may have been going on. We know std compression engines dont need a drop in cr to enable hybrids to work, be they k03 or k04 based. Something else must have been going on..

Update today on FB. The french car mentioned.. (Swiss really)

Its a little way off its fair too say. Maybe as mentioned not directly comparable for UK but still interesting and no doubt will be compared.

This is exactly why i wanted to speak to you on the phone to understand but you refused. I was told was spec'd by you and was higher CR then stock and had a head skim of unknown amount.

Brodie talking nonsense then if he was the source of info.. and buying from someone who has to ask what size is a std bore kinda eludes to what clue he has about engines! doh! Scary!

Update today on FB. The french car mentioned.. (Swiss really)

Its a little way off its fair too say. Maybe as mentioned not directly comparable for UK but still interesting and no doubt will be compared.

stroker?
inlet cam?

Do you know its engine spec fully?

9.25:1 is not high for a 20v engine...

If this build is running E85 then results are already skewed in comparison to a UK build so while it should still be interesting its not going to be massively relevant to the UK market

<tuffty/>

9.25:1 is not high for a 20v engine...

If this build is running E85 then results are already skewed in comparison to a UK build so while it should still be interesting its not going to be massively relevant to the UK market

<tuffty/>
9.5 is what VW deemed an acceptable CR. I see no reason why you'd lower it for a hybrid.Plenty of std cars with drop in rods making similar power outputs on various combinations of turbo. It's a shame the information will never be available for public consumption as to what else got changed before the car was re presented. It could help many others fault find and come up with a winning package to create all 20'vs equal. Sadly they are far from it in real life

It's a shame E85 is not available over here, we are stuck with limp wristed 98/99 as the common high octane fuel

9.5:1 on mine, 370bhp from a very similar sized turbo without wmi.

Very healthy timing and boost taken happily.

Can't see a 9.25:1 CR causing issues on anything with a hybrid.

<tuffty/>

Yeah allready was said above. It's all good and TTE sells much out side of the UK. But is a shame I feel. Never mind will happen and then we will see

wow i have seen a v4 in the picture poor suiss guy
when we look to the history the k04 starts make power with bigger turbine exducer and ported with right manifol
the k16 used for some guys have 46mm the k04 have 44.5 thats not a big diference
when i see a turbine with 49mm i thought maybe power will raise in a hybrid
not all 1.8t makes good power
the tte360 just have to go to the right car with the right setup
if we look to k04-064 with 44.5 turbine exducer 360hp with 49mm about 390/400hp with 53mm about 420/430hp

TTE if you want to see the capable of your tte360 just fit in a car that already makes good power
i believe in the capabilities of tt360

Reactions: TTE Si
Yeah just needs a correct set up.

Not running petrol but E85 so lower compression not required
Thats a shame its on E85
Its power will be good on that fuel but not a comparison UK guys will be able to relate to.. I wish we got E85 option over here, the results are just stunning how much more they can make on it.

oh well. Not UK buyers lined up for one?

Yeah id be all over E85 myself if was here, id set some more records on my own car

Sure quite a few UK guys expressed interest and waiting on some tte360 results.

Interesting info came to me today from speaking with the UK owner of the TTE360 car.

Same car, set up, tuner and dyno did 302hp on a BBTK418t (not ported) at 23psi. The 320hp on the TTE360 was at 20.5 psi with a oem size turbo/manifold gasket (total mismatch in size) and was/is leaking. I need add Ive not seen dyno's on either, just giving feed back/info from the owner today not chinese whispers..

Right now only changes since the 320 result is NGK 7 coppers and is waiting on a Migz copper gasket arriving with no plans too change the compression but says has spoken too some people and thinks makes sense. (did say I may of suggested looking at the CR but I cant recall tbh)

Last edited:
Someone really needs to measure back pressure in a pro4 manifold, its a lot of gas to get through that 46mm swan neck....

Interesting info came to me today from speaking with the UK owner of the TTE360 car.

Same car, set up, tuner and dyno did 302hp on a BBTK418t (not ported) at 23psi. The 320hp on the TTE360 was at 20.5 psi with a oem size turbo/manifold gasket (total mismatch in size) and was/is leaking. I need add Ive not seen dyno's on either, just giving feed back/info from the owner today not chinese whispers..

Right now only changes since the 320 result is NGK 7 coppers and is waiting on a Migz copper gasket arriving with no plans too change the compression but says has spoken too some people and thinks makes sense. (did say I may of suggested looking at the CR but I cant recall tbh)

This CR thing really is a mis-noma dude.
When there are other hybrid setups >370bhp on std engine, AUM in our own example.. it does beg the question, Why?

Will be interesting to see what the gasket gives..as oem gasket is like a washer/restrictor in the system. He thinks 340hp but said his tuner said he's in no doubt it's capable of 360bhp.

On a side note, I might have a known UK very good set up to get some figures from soon. Will have a chat tonight with the owner.

What I would like to see is an external gate taken off that pro4 swan neck. 38mm would be adequate.
Weld the internal gate up, port the living crap out of the housing, I bet that would be another game changer. As we know, Egt/turbine temps are the enemy on these hybrids. That is a solution

Reactions: S3 Hilife
why do external waste gates make more power?

I'll be wearing my dunce hat in the corner if anyone needs me

The above mentioned car that did 302bhp at 23psi on a k418T needs to be ignored on every level. It's clearly a lemon.

3 years ago, in the days long before ported turbos and enlarged manifolds, my bbt/b5 023 hybrid with an ancient relentless v2 mani was making 300bhp at 14psi, and 353bhp at 21psi.

These things NEED testing on good cars, that are known to produce the goods repeatably.

Otherwise it's all just speculation, and doesn't make anyone look good.

Reactions: A3-Lee and Miguel_S#
Only reason you would want an external wg is to try and help relieve back pressure in the manifold, because the manifold isn't working well enough.

I fear the manifold is going to be the limiting factor here and not the turbo and unfortunately people are having to work around this issue in order to get decent results.

I don't CR is the issue here either, see too many cars on 9.5cr make decent power.

More over larger port heads on hybrids seem to suffer more than small ports.

I still think there is room for a better manifold to be made

why do external waste gates make more power?

I'll be wearing my dunce hat in the corner if anyone needs me
Orchestra plays music better than a one man band dude

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Miguel_S# and superkarl
The above mentioned car that did 302bhp at 23psi on a k418T needs to be ignored on every level. It's clearly a lemon.

3 years ago, in the days long before ported turbos and enlarged manifolds, my bbt/b5 023 hybrid with an ancient relentless v2 mani was making 300bhp at 14psi, and 353bhp at 21psi.

These things NEED testing on good cars, that are known to produce the goods repeatably.

Otherwise it's all just speculation, and doesn't make anyone look good.

Yeah I'm well aware on what can be done Prawn I've seen more on much less spec turbos of mine and motors for more years.
Thing is most of the issues and previous result only just come too light, I won't say is a lemon but clearly needs a good look over by a experienced hand to figure main issues, and I hope he does as never nice too spend your hard earned and not get your goals :( . It's pot luck with results on turbos and motors some come easy some take time. I'm not overly worried on looking good really, I feel based on knowledge it will come, if not I'll amend. But too date I've only seen one turbo spec error (my own) and that's on many and some being record holding units across many
Platforms.

On a posative I've got a UK car to hopefully do the business Feb 2016

I can't believe how much variation there is on these hybrids / 1.8t's

we see k418t's similar spec hitting between 300 ish and 360 ish

that's crazy!!!

also heard of a tte 300 doing well above 300.

is this the same with all turbos or is it where the hybrids are so pushed?

roll on Feb for the results on these.
also without starting a bitch war other than oem vs replica parts what's the difference between the k418t and the tte 360?

Reactions: scotty_24
I'm not overly worried on looking good really, I feel based on knowledge it will come, if not I'll amend.

On a posative I've got a UK car to hopefully do the business Feb 2016

The products LOOK fantastic Si, and they're exciting.

I think once they find their way onto a good UK car and start producing the numbers people will warm them fairly quickly!

All the best with it, look forward to the results :)

Daz, To a point yes results do vary much I see this daily. Case in point dealer only few days ago TTE500 TTRS did approx 470.. Most do 520+ and can do upto near 560, but customer was happy. He knows it's not the turbo As do we.
I see it on RS4,RS6 especially, GTR, M3,m4 mini, AMG so on... Tuning there's no rules but hopes too a point. Good thing with social media and forums is you guys sharing good spec's of hardware and tuners do find the good packages. Good tuners also work out what works, working through issues to a result there more happy with.

Some of the issues with 1.8t in my opinion is it's a cheap starting point too VAG tuning with more guys not too experienced playing with and handing too a tuner and asking please map this its great me and my mate biult and I expect 350...

The TTE300 is a more like or in comman with the basic turbo you ask to compare with in spec I think

TTE360 has bigger compressor and bigger turbine and is CNC ported hotside and cold side.

Update this morning also.. The Swiss build of USS just stated he will do a 98ron tune/result too

And I've 100% confirmed another uk car start of next year to get some numbers from with a garage and dealer off mine and a tuner I have faith in. Let's see how it goes

Last edited:
Reactions: Miguel_S#
Si did Dusty ever dyno his TTE340, last I saw online he had the turbo in June 2015 to go on a B5 v2 manifold?

You should donate a TTE360 to Mike Smith who made 325hp on a stock Ko4, he'd probably make 400hp with the TTE360, lol.

No dusty has had all manner of motor issues inc manifold issues from memory.

Hard for me to remember specifics but I think was stripped and rebuilt and bedding in again I could be wrong I can't think of his name too track the mails/texts

Mike smith yeah he had great results but was not a stock turbo but quite heavily ported to a point but yeah that's good results.

Got too remember also we base power in PS not HP and on good fuel 100/102

Si did Dusty ever dyno his TTE340, last I saw online he had the turbo in June 2015 to go on a B5 v2 manifold?

You should donate a TTE360 to Mike Smith who made 325hp on a stock Ko4, he'd probably make 400hp with the TTE360, lol.

My original build dropped an exhaust valve while running in. The engine will be re built over Christmas hoping to have it mapped Jan/Feb.
Rebuilt large port head
Agu pistons
Badger 5 v2 exhaust mani
I.E. Rods
Hand ported tte 340 turbo (thanks Simon)
Deatschwerks dw 65 fuel pump
Bosch 550cc injectors
Ah fabs v2 intercooler
Duel nozzle wmi
I'm hoping for good results after the disastorus first engine build, I'm thinking of fitting a high flow rad and oil cooler before mapping if funds allow

Reactions: s3 Hoggy
My original build dropped an exhaust valve while running in. The engine will be re built over Christmas hoping to have it mapped Jan/Feb.
Rebuilt large port head
Agu pistons
Badger 5 v2 exhaust mani
I.E. Rods
Bosch 550cc injectors
Ah fabs v2 intercooler
Duel nozzle wmi
I'm hoping for good results after the disastorus first engine build, I'm thinking of fitting a high flow rad and oil cooler before mapping if funds allow

man that's some poor luck. these engines dropping valves is becoming more common :(

Rebuilt large port head
Agu pistons
Badger 5 v2 exhaust mani
I.E. Rods
Bosch 550cc injectors
Ah fabs v2 intercooler
Duel nozzle wmi

Good news Dusty!!!

What TIP did you go with as not sure if you noticed we now have added a billet adapter to be used with TTE340/360 to enable plug and play fitment of the CM 80mm TIP

Last edited:
Good news Dusty!!!

What TIP did you go with as not sure if you noticed we now have added a billet adapter to be used with TTE340/360 to enable plug and play fitment off the CM 80mm TIP

I will be using the badger 5 80mm tip, Andrew from al developments machined my billet tip adaptor to suit the tte 340, shouldn't be long before I have results will be mapped at either r-tech or unicorn Motorsport in Stockport

Rebuilt large port head
Agu pistons
Badger 5 v2 exhaust mani
I.E. Rods
Bosch 550cc injectors
Ah fabs v2 intercooler
Duel nozzle wmi

no problem with my v2 manifold like si suggested at earlier then?
(i now there is no issue, and they work reliably..)

What I would like to see is an external gate taken off that pro4 swan neck. 38mm would be adequate.
Weld the internal gate up, port the living **** out of the housing, I bet that would be another game changer. As we know, Egt/turbine temps are the enemy on these hybrids. That is a solution
why? the inevitable has begun.......
relentless-v4-crack-1.jpg

Sorry was a quick reply to the question as pointed out the manifold specificity and my turbo, I should of give more a explanation.
Was fitment,clearance and fixing concerns I recall, maybe was overcome/adjusted or tweaked like most aftermarket parts.

Last edited: