******* Audi and their big diesel engine scandal...

No news so far, Was told by Audi they were either going to follow up with another letter/update or recall my car. since then, no news. Will keep people posted though

A

To be honest, reading the information in car magazines, UK owners are not going to get any form of compensation, so if you already have the car, I don't think you have anything to worry about? IT's not going to explode, and the roadtax can't be increased to what it's registered at.

The only thing you need to worry about, is a potential recall, where they could possibly reduce the power output to bring the car inline with the emissions rating it's set at. So am I taking my BiTdi to an Audi dealer anytime soon? No chance!!

Reactions: Rhyso
To be honest, reading the information in car magazines, UK owners are not going to get any form of compensation, so if you already have the car, I don't think you have anything to worry about? IT's not going to explode, and the roadtax can't be increased to what it's registered at.

The only thing you need to worry about, is a potential recall, where they could possibly reduce the power output to bring the car inline with the emissions rating it's set at. So am I taking my BiTdi to an Audi dealer anytime soon? No chance!!

YES!!! Finally someone talking some sense!!

To get compensation out of the VAG group will be a very long and drawn out process with no guarantees of victory. Those who are remapped are you going to take the chance that your ECU may be locked out again?? And why would you waste your time taking it to Audi to be detuned, then go back to your tuner to put it back to how it was? Unless they are offering you cash / servicing etc then I wouldn't be wasting your time :)