Need a new turbo any suggestions

• Do I go standard

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Do I go bigger

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

AndyC80s3

Reaction score
I have a 2007 s3 and my turbo is on its way out I'm getting a new one should I stay standard or go bigger . Im new to all this so any help would be appreciated ta . Went for a remap as I thought the car was slow .he told me cars not boosting properly and there's oil leaking from turbo

Last edited:
Anyone know what turbo to go for and where to get it from

Your easiest solution would be a TTE420,from Simon at TTE.

Drop him a PM and see what he can offer.
All of the big turbo options will be quite expensive by comparison,whereas the TTE420 is a bolt on solution with 420-440bhp performance.

If your car is unmodified,you would need a turbo-back exhaust,uprated HPFP,and cold air intake,but you would need much of that for a remap in any case.

Yer been thinking about it think I may just stay stock for now having only just spent 10 k on the car .had a lot of problems with it just trying to get it in top condition at the min plus the misses is going mad .but thanks for the advice just looks expensive at the min

Yer been thinking about it think I may just stay stock for now having only just spent 10 k on the car .had a lot of problems with it just trying to get it in top condition at the min plus the misses is going mad .but thanks for the advice just looks expensive at the min

If you do go down the modified route,the best way is to take plenty of time and plan what you want from it in terms of power,and do the process once,rather than lots of times.
If you have the existing turbo rebuilt,then you can part-ex it towards a TTE420

Yer sounds like a good idea . Just a bit annoyed at the moment think I've bought a dog .Had the car 3 months now already had new shocks springs four wheel alignment and wheels balanced. Going this week for servicing .plus rear wiper don't work and seat belt light keeps flashing

Yer sounds like a good idea . Just a bit annoyed at the moment think I've bought a dog .Had the car 3 months now already had new shocks springs four wheel alignment and wheels balanced. Going this week for servicing .plus rear wiper don't work and seat belt light keeps flashing

Alignment is nothing unusual and needs doing once/twice a year.

Rear wiper jets block easily and may simply need unblocking.

Hopefully bud I'll get there .then let the modding begin

I'm running about 20% down on boost and have an oil leak on the turbo can I still run it for a few days

I'm running about 20% down on boost and have an oil leak on the turbo can I still run it for a few days

I would say you're chancing it a bit.

I'd not take the risk myself.

Ok I'll get a taxi to thanks for your help

Just in case it will help, I will have a standard S3 K04 turbo going up for sale after the 15th this month....if you can wait that long. PM if interested.
Thanks

Thanks but just had mine refurbished . Got the car back today but it doesn't feel much better to drive and do I need to bed it in ?