A3 to S3 (8P3) Conversion: Complete Walkthrough - Should I publish?

Do you want a 'Complete A3 to S3 Body Conversion Walkthrough'?

• Total voters
Hey dude any update on this? I would actually love to read your guide! I read your very first post and just thought 'I like this guy'. Dont ask me why as I normally dont like this kind of thing lol! Thank you for giving your time and sharing with us.

Thanks for the support @s3_trev!
I'm working through the guide when I get a chance, it's more of an unwieldy beast than I'd anticipated and I'm hoping to produce something useful, so it's taking a while. I will probably post a downloadable pdf on my server when the time comes and will update here...watch this space.

Reactions: Sayam and s3_trev
Very pleased to hear about this! I'm modding my 8P2 2012 SE and as we all know when taking our pride and joy apart a guide could help sooo many of the community! All those part numbers, pesky clips and so on. It's a yes from me

Reactions: fouryoghurts
Ive just recently purchased a 55 A3 quatt 3.2 ... is it possible to get your headlights for this model and also front grill mesh styling one?

Did this get completed?

I am in the process of buying a 2011/12 A3 Sport and wanting to do the S3 conversion

Hi Boys and Girls!
No it's not ready...I am very aware I'm dragging my heals here <insert busy excuse here>.
What I intend to do is post the 1st part here when I can...and update periodically. Would this be preferable?

Reactions: Sayam and Sandra
Hi Boys and Girls!
No it's not ready...I am very aware I'm dragging my heals here <insert busy excuse here>.
What I intend to do is post the 1st part here when I can...and update periodically. Would this be preferable?
We are waiting patiently Adam. :) x

To be honest the main answer I am wanting is what are the parts required for the 8p3 sport to s3 swap (in terms of front and back exterior)

I have read some people saying the bonnet needs changing etc and others saying the bumpers are a direct fit..

To be honest the main answer I am wanting is what are the parts required for the 8p3 sport to s3 swap (in terms of front and back exterior)

I have read some people saying the bonnet needs changing etc and others saying the bumpers are a direct fit..

This is taken from the 1st section of my guide.
RRPs were correct at time of writing (which was a while ago now). So this serves as a guide only.

FYI:
  • All items for 8P3 are "direct fit"
  • Bonnet doesn't need changing
NOTE - Items listed are specific to a single vehicle and therefore will likely not be the same for your vehicle...So don't phone up Audi and give them this as shopping list.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 14.10.32.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 14.10.32.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
This is taken from the 1st section of my guide.
RRPs were correct at time of writing (which was a while ago now). So this serves as a guide only.

FYI:
  • All items for 8P3 are "direct fit"
  • Bonnet doesn't need changing
NOTE - Items listed are specific to a single vehicle and therefore will likely not be the same for your vehicle...So don't phone up Audi and give them this as shopping list.

Thank you for clarifying - The list will also be very useful when buying the parts to compare prices (note taken that prices were awhile ago)

Many thanks!

You're welcome!
Enjoy turning your A3 into a beast!

Thanks! It should be a fun project - I haven't touched my current Mk6 Golf GTI at all, but my Seat Leon before that had the full treatment so I'm really looking forward to having something to play around with

Reactions: vag-tech
I voted yes but .. was thinking .. what is the point? then just buy an S ... A3 is art as well .. and it doesn't drink a lot like S or RS