Arb has snapped, should i upgrade?

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
So iv heard some clanging while i drove over bumpy roads, i had a feeling it was arb related. So i jacked up the car took the wheel off and there it was.

So as you can the holder for the arb has snapped, no idea if the other side is the same.

SO MY THOUGHTS.

Should i just buy new holders? or should i buy an uprated arb for the front? or should i buy both front and rear?
Any suggestions or links to new ones would be great :)

Jon.

If the opportunity is there upgrade to stiffer ARBs.

Eibach or H&R

Reactions: tcardio
Is it paint or snapped, regardless I have a serious front hr front arb as new for sale, that will never snap, pm me if interested.

Im after something cheap tho, lets just say something along the line of my JOM coilovers. :) lol

What's cheap as this is £100 & its worth that given the brand, condition & size lol

Can you get the holders seperately? I distinctly remember the H&R bars not coming with them.. Also I think audi only sell them when you buy a complete genuine ARB. I could be wrong however.

By the sounds of it mate ud prob be better just fixing the bracket or replacing it. If you want it on the cheap. If I was you id be snapping NHNs arm off to give him the 100 notes hes asking.

yes i will, hes just checking if its the FWD one or the quattro, i have a quattro so might not fit!
Ah, that would be a shame if it didn't fit. Just had both ARBs done on my quattro earlier this week and the car corners much flatter now. Much improved.

Perhaps check local breakers yards. I thought you may have a problem finding them. There was a post ages ago about this. To my knowledge they are not sold seperately by VAG.

Iv asked at my audi dealer and my local garage and both came back with, its £117 for the full bar with fittings! F.that! Id prefer to leave it snapped lmao!

Managed to just buy a second hand bar from ebay for 25 quid, il just take the brackets off it then sell on the bar!