Well Audi had the fastest hatch for a very short while....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares........ It looks like a piece of s**te.

There's always going to be something faster.

Reactions: Nimbus265, Scotty2011, s3_trev and 3 others
Holy mother of mercy!! For Merc's sake, I hope that colour coding is optional because that looks wick! And that rear spoiler....boke. And they wont have the title of the fastest hatch anyway when veedub get their bums into gear and get the R400 (which looks miles better than this IMO) on the tarmac!

I have never liked the look of any Mercedes myself but that A45 is just plain ugly.

Ditto - nasty bling-ey things with no headroom and incompetent dealerships

And who would pay that much for a four-pot????

The badge at the front is just too big end of!

Reactions: Yorrick
Who's talking about displacement?

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
read what I said instead. Four-pot, not 'displacement' I see you've edited that out now...LOL.

Last edited:
Can't wait to drive the revised A45 with the dynamic pack.

It's a much better solution (the front diff) than just putting wider tyres on the front

:lmfao:

Also looking forward to the Focus RS, and R400.

Reactions: Blackwhite
Well done, displacement is just engine size. (Internal swept volume size anyway.) It's entirely up to me to decide what I am willing to pay for. And AGAIN, I never said anything about not paying for engine size. You've got a real problem with reading. I said I wouldn't pay that much for a four pot. That's my choice and my opinion. If you want to pay for something you want then that's your choice - that's fine. We're different - get over it!

ps I've got nothing against small capacity (that's also the same as displacement by the way), as I'm buying a little 2.5 litre engine in my next car.

Last edited:

It's a much better solution (the front diff) than just putting wider tyres on the front
It certainly is, and they claim to have a 50:50 weight distribution which is an even better solution. Shame about the engine and the fact the cabin is designed for dwarves.

Yep it's certainly that. Very impressive for only 2 litres. Hell it would be impressive for 3 litres! It doesn't seem long ago that 276 bhp from 2 litres was impressive - remember the EVO vs Subaru battles? An extra 100 bhp or so is quite incredible, and from a car trhat promises decent reliability and economy as well. Personally I'd sacrifice a bit of econoimy and weight to have the extra character of a 5 pot, but each to his own. But I am stepping down from an 8 :(
Love the viper green by the way. More cars should be green. If I could have found an extra £2k I'd have gone for BRG on my RS3.

We are always going to diss the 'other' car as it questions what we have unless we are looking to change. Let's just hope manufacturers continue to invest in 'performance' vehicles as a few years ago with omissions and tax the death bell tolled. On the other hand you get Honda haven't had a performance car for years then the NSX comes out in such limited numbers that all are sold prior to production and now the rumour is the Type R will also be limited to 1500 units so by this time next year they will have no performance cars - WTF?

Neither the RS3, nor the S3 were ever going to be the best in their sector.
Straight line speed/power is only one element of a fairly big picture.
It's the other areas that make Audi's fall behind the opposition.

Reactions: veeeight
Neither the RS3, nor the S3 were ever going to be the best in their sector.
Straight line speed/power is only one element of a fairly big picture.
It's the other areas that make Audi's fall behind the opposition.

Nothing that can't be fixed :sunglasses:

Surely the 2.0 in the A45 should be appreciated as a impressive engineering feat.
When I saw this I thought I was reading something from the last century , Cosworth ,Mitsubishi and so on have been pumping that power out of a 2.0 for donkeys years.:scared2:

Reactions: T-800

:lmfao:

Also looking forward to the Focus RS, and R400.
I see the record is still stuck,nothing changes :sadlike:well it has you've ventured into the RS3 section with the same old same old same old same old ..........:blahblah1:

Reactions: monopole
Scare Bleu another brand of car other than Audi being poo pooed !!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Yorrick
True, but you have to give AMG some credit for getting huge power without reliability or drivability issues. I did once drive an EVO with 360 bhp and the lag was ridiculous and it sounded like a big hoover. Being Japanese the reliability was ok but you had to oil change the damn thing every 3000 miles!
BUT there's a bit difference between style and substance. I'd sacrifice some horses for the charisma and fruity tunes of our favourite Five any day.

Scare Bleu another brand of car other than Audi being poo pooed !!
That's ok Jason we're not on a Merc forum ,you'd swear some of these people are being forced at gunpoint to keep their Audis that they hate so much spreading their hate into more sections telling all and sundry about it time and time again .

Reactions: Mr_Freeze, Nimbus265, T-800 and 4 others
That's ok Jason we're not on a Merc forum ,you'd swear some of these people are being forced at gunpoint to keep their Audis that they hate so much spreading their hate into more sections telling all and sundry about it time and time again .
Amen to that Ben,personally I think the car looks great apart from the dash

Reactions: T-800, DAYTONA 500 and Snake Pliskin
One good thing is that people can take what the haters say about the mk2 RS3 with a pinch of salt and realise their nonsense as the haters hate Audi so much they're never gonna buy one so therefore they aren't speaking from real life experience of the car.

Reactions: T-800 and Yorrick
Amen to that Ben,personally I think the car looks great apart from the dash
I had three mercs on the trot the last one being an sl which I sold in 2010 for a B8 S4 and I totally agree that they've lost the plot with the dash which has now found its way into the new C63,why couldn't they have followed the design of the S65 this is Merc at its best.

Last edited:
When I saw this I thought I was reading something from the last century , Cosworth ,Mitsubishi and so on have been pumping that power out of a 2.0 for donkeys years.:scared2:

Drivability
Economy
Emissions EU6
Efficiency
Turbo Lag
Service Intervals (around every 3-5k on the FQ400)

yeah, all exactly the same, eh ;)

Reactions: The Challinor
I see the record is still stuck,nothing changes :sadlike:well it has you've ventured into the RS3 section with the same old same old same old same old ..........:blahblah1:

So, thanks for your valuable contribution to the topic (none), instead choosing to have a go (again) :D

What was that about "nothing changes" ;)

So, thanks for your valuable contribution to the topic (none), instead choosing to have a go (again) :D

What was that about "nothing changes" ;)

Just noticed something has changed ,is that Black Edition banner under your avatar alliagence to Mercedes?.:racer:

Yep it's certainly that. Very impressive for only 2 litres. Hell it would be impressive for 3 litres! It doesn't seem long ago that 276 bhp from 2 litres was impressive - remember the EVO vs Subaru battles? An extra 100 bhp or so is quite incredible, and from a car trhat promises decent reliability and economy as well. Personally I'd sacrifice a bit of econoimy and weight to have the extra character of a 5 pot, but each to his own. But I am stepping down from an 8 :(
Love the viper green by the way. More cars should be green. If I could have found an extra £2k I'd have gone for BRG on my RS3.

Thanks mate, Porsche Viper Green is a awesome colour.

Oh have they?

I was well aware but cannot really compare, for reliability, service cost, economy ( appreciate not as important to the demographic as other 2 points ) it's pretty impressive.

Remember the old top gear where they said to with the FQ340 or FQ360 as the 400 just want worth it for various reasons, servicing etc.

Anyway I think Audi do still have the fastest hatch. RS7!!

Status
Not open for further replies.