Well Audi had the fastest hatch for a very short while....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh have they?

I was well aware but cannot really compare, for reliability, service cost, economy ( appreciate not as important to the demographic as other 2 points ) it's pretty impressive.

Remember the old top gear where they said to with the FQ340 or FQ360 as the 400 just want worth it for various reasons, servicing etc.

If someone buys a performance car and worries about economy and service costs then they'vedefinatley bought the wrong car for them ,as for Top gear I don't believe anything those three hasbeens said,the show was more about them than informative motoring .

The FQ400 .... offered up as a comparison (and it wasn't even a series/mass produced car) earlier in this thread :lmfao:

In 2005, it was £47,000, that would make an A45 a bargian :)

If someone buys a performance car and worries about economy and service costs then they'vedefinatley bought the wrong car for them ,as for Top gear I don't believe anything those three hasbeens said,the show was more about them than informative motoring .
Hence why I said ignore economy, I've had S3's since I was 19 but I don't know about you but i'd not fancy servicing a car every 3,000 miles.

it was the 2.0 engine that was the quoted as an engineering feat not the rest of the car

So it would meet EU6 emissions, yeh? :D

It would have the same or similar service intervals, yeh? :D

And deliver the same performance against consumption figures, yeh? :D

As for the turbo spool time :lmfao:

You know what, I actually took a A45 AMG out for a few hours a couple of weeks ago. I would have posted feedback on here but I daren't for fear of crucifixion.

I was pretty much known as Audi's biggest fan going and I love my car far too much over the point that is considered normal but come on guys we do have to discuss and accept views on other cars and listen to what others have to say.

What I want to know veeeight, is how pretty, and can you prove it?

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Hence why I said ignore economy, I've had S3's since I was 19 but I don't know about you but i'd not fancy servicing a car every 3,000 miles.
If a car needs servicing every 3k miles then so be it,I've had a 911 turbo and knew when I bought it it wouldn't cost the same to run as an M3 of which I've had quite a few.

You know what, I actually took a A45 AMG out for a few hours a couple of weeks ago. I would have posted feedback on here but I daren't for fear of crucifixion.

I was pretty much known as Audi's biggest fan going and I love my car far too much over the point that is considered normal but come on guys we do have to discuss and accept views on other cars and listen to what others have to say.
Nothing wrong with posting your thoughts on another motoring brand as long as it's in the appropriate section:yes:

Reactions: Yorrick
Perhaps the point you can take from all of this is that motorists are now pretty spoilt for choice when it comes to performance cars for a reasonable price with reasonsble running costs whether its an RS3, A45 or Focus RS.

It wasn't that long ago that we couldn't imagine power like this being available so readily & indeed pretty affordable with reliability & practicality.

Whichever you buy then enjoy!

Reactions: Disco Dal, The Challinor, billyali86 and 1 other person
I actually had the cla45 for an overnight test drive, I would say it was a slightly better steer than most audi rs products I've driven. Turn in seemed better. But it didn't seem all that fast. And the engine noise didn't seem to be great. The 2.0 engine is a technical marvel but I was left quite disappointed, the 5 pot is much more characterful engine than the 4 pot in the merc and IMO, the noise is a world apart!

A lot of the a45 boys seem to be happy with their a45s but there are quite a few complaints (cheap plastics causing interior rattles and turbo issues).

That's not to say the new rs3 is without its issues. Merc have done what they can in order to keep ahead of the competition which is a good thing for us buyers. In the end I placed an order for the new rs3 and can't wait to get behind the wheel when it arrives, I adore the 5 cyl engine. I won't lose much sleep that the rs3 may no turn in quite as sweetly as the a45 as I won't be doing silly speeds on the road. I however would be bothered by a rattly interior and turbo failure. That being said, I will definitely test drive the new a45 and will not write it off due to a poor experience with the pre facelift model.

After all, I'm a car enthusiast...not a brand fanboy!

Reactions: The Challinor and veeeight
It would be good if one if the mods could move this out of the RS 3 forum. It would be better if this was originally put in the general section. I cant see much RS 3 content, just a load of drivel

Reactions: Yorrick, DAYTONA 500 and Grant
That's the trouble the 8V boys can't resist

Take your A45 and sod off back to the 8V section or as mentioned the General chat.

How the ***k can the A45 be at home in this section.
If you like it so much sod off to the A45 owners club, I'm sure they'll appreciate your knowledge

Reactions: Mr_Freeze and DAYTONA 500
That's the trouble the 8V boys can't resist

Take your A45 and sod off back to the 8V section or as mentioned the General chat.

How the ***k can the A45 be at home in this section.
If you like it so much sod off to the A45 owners club, I'm sure they'll appreciate your knowledge

But the RS3 is a 8V, period. Well the one that we are all referring to.

Honestly your attitude stinks, it's at home here as its direct competition to the RS3.

I'd suggest curbing both your attitude and language, seriously no need.

Reactions: josedebardi and Blackwhite
By why the RS3 8V8P forum??? The original post could have gone into a general section to give everybody a chance on ASN to comment on a new model, seems to me it was just posted in here as a means of goading.

Reactions: Mr_Freeze, DAYTONA 500 and Yorrick
By why the RS3 8V8P forum??? The original post could have gone into a general section to give everybody a chance on ASN to comment on a new model, seems to me it was just posted in here as a means of goading.

Oh yes I love getting sworn at and told to " **** off ", it's one of my favourite hobbies .

I'll explain:

Audi promoted the RS3 as world fastest hatch, dealers I've spoken to are proud of this fact and it's been noted in reviews, etc.

Well that's changed now hence I posted it.

People like to get different opinions on cars. It helps people who may be
interested in getting a new one. It has nothing to do with goading.

Reactions: veeeight
But the RS3 is a 8V, period. Well the one that we are all referring to.

Honestly your attitude stinks, it's at home here as its direct competition to the RS3.

I'd suggest curbing both your attitude and language, seriously no need.

It wasn't long ago that you and you're other two mates were winging wanting the RS3 to be kept in the 8v section where topics you were involved in were constantly causing heated discussions and n as I said earlier you've spread this to the RS 3 section and who are you to suggest some one curbs their attitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-800
Must. Defend. The. RS3. At. All. Cost.

:lmfao:

Reactions: CraigI, Blackwhite and The Challinor
People like to get different opinions on cars. It helps people who may be
interested in getting a new one. It has nothing to do with goading.
My point exactly - and hence the reason it should have gone into a more general forum, that the RS3 forum topic every body who may be interested, the chance to comment.

In whose opinion? I thought this new model was only announced over the past few days, so I'm not sure it can yet be considered a rival? Maybe a competitor

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
We don't go into the S3 8V section babbling on about the Golf R...... Or the R400.

We don't go into the S3 8V section babbling on about the Golf R...... Or the R400.

Actually, many in the A3/S3 8V section do talk about the R400, and are grown up enough to be able to discuss it maturely, without resorting to the behaviour displayed here :D

Reactions: Blackwhite and The Challinor
English please?

Reactions: Nimbus265 and T-800
Status
Not open for further replies.