A3 2008 ABS & ESP Errors

AfricanAudiUser

Reaction score
I would be most obliged if you could offer any advice on how to fix the following errors - yes multiple:

1. esp 00493
2. ABS Code 01276
3. 01279 longitudinal acceleration sensor error

The shrill sound it makes once i start up is driving me nuts. And then the lights (ABS and ESP) just do not allow me enjoy driving around.

And it's raining rivers now, so I definitely will be needing the ESP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 00493 - ESP-Sensor Unit (G419)
what was the sub code to your error as you can see theres lots of different errors that could cause this one code.
sounds to me your car has lost its basic settings and you need to do a reset. if you google vcds 00493 then got the ross tech wiki it will give you symptons of each fault and possible fixes. for all three to come up at once id also check with vcds when driving (get some one to do for you) is drive at one speed and look at what the wheel sensors are saying. they should all read the same if in a straight line. if not it throws the abs and esp into a wooble.

is your steering wheel straight when you drive straight or is it out at all?????

I just had esp lights fixed by doing a 4 wheel track because some work I had done left the steering whee[ out 5 to 10 degrees. once straightened up and drove for few miles it reset its self.

Thanks bikedoctor.

The wheel seems straight (hard to tell since the roads are rubbish out here).

I'll have the steering wheel re-aligned and get the car reset to see what she turns up.

Thanks so far. I will keep

it has to be about 10 drgrees out before it goes into wobble mode so you would know if it was out. if not do a basic reset and see what happens. is a simple procedure and you got nothing to loose.