yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Mine is still in bits somewhere lol

Reactions: SimonM95, mikemod and Daytonapig
@mikemod @silverpig nice! Are you collecting asap or waiting until the registration change?

Mine is still Status 38 - but just seen that the Gran Canaria Highway which makes runs between Emden and Sherness is currently docked at Emden, so I am hoping mine is loaded on today!

@mikemod @silverpig nice! Are you collecting asap or waiting until the registration change?

Mine is still Status 38 - but just seen that the Gran Canaria Highway which makes runs between Emden and Sherness is currently docked at Emden, so I am hoping mine is loaded on today!
My dealer says it could be upto 2 weeks before it is ready to collect so i will wait for the new reg i think.

Reactions: CrypticMG

There is the current shipping schedule.

Reactions: Peter1201 and CrypticMG
Nice, thanks for that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know this is a bit sad but if you google African Highway, then click on vessel finder ,then click on the co ordinates for theAfrican Highway you can see its position. Its not far off Grimsby !!

I'm in NI so no registration change here, as soon as it lands at the dealer I will be there asking for the keys :racer:

I know this is a bit sad but if you google African Highway, then click on vessel finder ,then click on the co ordinates for theAfrican Highway you can see its position. Its not far off Grimsby !!

It's worse than than that, I get an email Notification every time it docks or leaves or changes destination :help:

Af

Currently anchored waiting for permission to enter port.

Reactions: Daytonapig and CrypticMG
Quick question..... i have never had a brand new car before so dont really know how the insurance works. Obviously I need to insure it before pick up but (sorry if this sounds like a silly question) i take it i just get the reg number and insure it? Has anyone ever had a problem with doing this seeing as it would be a brand new reg or is it just straight forward is it sounds :blink:

Quick question..... i have never had a brand new car before so dont really know how the insurance works. Obviously I need to insure it before pick up but (sorry if this sounds like a silly question) i take it i just get the reg number and insure it? Has anyone ever had a problem with doing this seeing as it would be a brand new reg or is it just straight forward is it sounds :blink:

Should get 7 days free insurance when buying a used or new car from a franchised VAG dealer (can't speak for other manufacturers as i've never owned anything but a VAG car :D)

The 7 days should give you time to sort out your insurance with the new reg etc.

Problem i'm seeing at the moment is certain FL models aren't even recognised on insurance websites etc, so i'm hoping by mid September they're all up to date to make it easier to compare prices. Phoning around takes x10 longer and it's harder to compare :/

Good question, i have had new before but i can't remember how i did it!!

I was on compare the market and they seem to have the correct details, came back with comparable quotes.

Car

Audi will offer you drive away insurance which will cover you for a few days after collection which should allow you a few days to get everything sorted.

I have recently spoken to my insurer as the FL models aren't recognised online yet so had to phone them. Surprise surprise my premium went up because it's a brand new model.

My A3 Saloon is sat at status 38, looks like it won't get on a ship to Grimsby until the 15th at least!

So I'm assuming status 30 is the car being transported from Gyor, Hungary to Ingolstadt, then to the Emden shipyard? 38 then being waiting to be boarded and 39 being on route?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your replies

Hopefully by the time i pick mine up the insurance companies have all got them on the systems. Should just be pretty straight forward then

Not for the S3 Saloon unfortunately :( No clue why they have the new 310 versions for both the Sportback and the 3dr but not the Saloon.

Did a quick quote through compare the market on Thursday (4/8/16) and I was able to select the 310PS 4dr S3 Saloon. Only a handful of insurance companies offered quotes at the moment but I expect that to change when I collect my car towards the end of October. Elephant are offering me the best at the moment.

Did a quick quote through compare the market on Thursday (4/8/16) and I was able to select the 310PS 4dr S3 Saloon. Only a handful of insurance companies offered quotes at the moment but I expect that to change when I collect my car towards the end of October. Elephant are offering me the best at the moment.

Ahh top man, must've updated it since I checked earlier in the week which is good. I'll have to give it a go

It's worse than than that, I get an email Notification every time it docks or leaves or changes destination :help:

View attachment 99047

Currently anchored waiting for permission to enter port.
Have you had any update yet? My Audi is still saying on its way to the uk. Its only that with my luck the ship will sink in Grimsby dock!!

The ship has been unloaded and is nearly back at Emden.

It usually takes a couple of days to get the car cleared through to the UK so probably will be updated tomorrow morning or Tuesday.

The ship has been unloaded and is nearly back at Emden.

It usually takes a couple of days to get the car cleared through to the UK so probably will be updated tomorrow morning or Tuesday.
Thanks Mike,much appreciated.

Picked up my S3 Today sorry the picture suck, its very dirty (after being left outside all weekend no doubt) and I have loads of meetings today so it'll be tonight before i can clean it properly.

IMG 2332

Attachments

• IMG_2331.JPG
    IMG_2331.JPG
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: Tobz28, SpeedyFrog, Allydaytona and 5 others
Looking good :sunglasses:

Mine is now in UK, transport order has been raised to pick it up, hopefully by the middle of next week as I am in NI and it takes a bit longer to get to the dealer.

The African Highway is docked at Emdem, loading at the moment, then heading fro Sheerness
Would yours be coming in to that port.?

Oh cheers. Yeah Sherness as I collecting from Crawley so it makes sense it would be that port?

Sorry guys, can't hack sifting through 45 pages - what's the rough lead time between start of build week and shipment?

Thanks

Hi all, new to posting in the forums here, been reading a lot on here for a good while now and helped me order my new car origanally I was wanting a pre facelift S3 for around £370 a month with quite a few extras but then decided I wanted the facelift (split with the missus so more money) Anyway a Daytona grey S3 is on order, waiting to get a boat anyone know roughly how long from quality control to the Uk? Don't think I can wait much longer :O

Looks stunning! Makes the wait for mine all the more difficult seeing yours.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Status 39 this morning, so it's on a boat to the UK! African Highway is currently docked in Emden and heading for Sheerness, but the car's going to Crewe Audi so I figured it would dock at Grimsby! Unless the status 39 is retrospective and it's already in the UK? Next ship to Grimsby is in a week or so.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just gone into preparation this morning! Getting closer

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Mine went into preperation this morning as well.... Pity it's not the car I will be picking up as I recently re-ordered :(

Mines been on 'preparation' for over a week now!

So has mine (BW 22/8) but the factory is closed for holidays last week and this week so don't expect any movement until next week. Delivery mid to end of September.

I think it's luck of the draw because I had a build week 33 and mine is sitting waiting for a boat! Phoned glasgow Audi and they said registering in August v September is a £400 loss at the other end of the deal is anyone waiting till September 1st to register?