yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Which status should your car be sat at when it's your build week? I would like to know if my car is ahead, behind or on schedule and it's all a little confusing?!?!?

Also does anyone know what the timescales (obviously estimates) are for each Status code? i.e how long might it take, on average to go from, Status 20 to 30 and so on?

There is a spreadsheet someone has made with different members and there timescales between status codes. It shouldn't be too far back.

My experience was when preparation for around a week or so then it sped through the "build" process in around a week. Quality control can take upto 2 weeks then I was a further 1-2 weeks before It was loaded onto the vessel.

My overall wait was from early January to delivery second week in March.

My car is currently waiting at the port to be shipped across according to the tracker.
Only been there a couple of days so trying my best not to let the excitement kick in.

Not faring too well!

Order Status - 38

Last edited:
Reactions: Gazjs and Paulmichelle
just got the email that my car is leaving the factory and off to the port, probably another 3 weeks until it gets to the US?

just got the email that my car is leaving the factory and off to the port, probably another 3 weeks until it gets to the US?

From leaving the factory to being ready for collection in Scotland, mine took 16 days.

I assume 3 weeks may well be realistic for you.

So the tracker just flicked over to "on way to UK" overnight.

I can't seem to find any ships arriving in Grimsby or Tyne within the next few days though...
How delayed is the tracker?

Safely arrived at the port and will be with the dealership within 10 days! :)

Damn it...

Don't think I'll be getting my car in mid May anymore.

Safely arrived at the port and will be with the dealership within 10 days! :)

Great news! Maybe even a bit quicker! 3 days after arriving mine was ready for collection :eek:

Damn it...

View attachment 86287

That's not so good. It seems the facelift really has stung a lot of people. Are there no stock cars that you fancy?

There is an exclusive S3 at Perth Audi. You can see it on Facebook if it is of interest.

When did you order?

I ordered an S3 on 26th Feb for a week 18 build and mid May delivery (However when I looked the car up on youraudi I noticed the actual order date was the 9th of Feb, so it may have been a pre-order)..

I changed my mind re the colour of the leather and changed to Lunar Silver on the 7th of March, which was confirmed the same day. I reconfirmed the spec on the 17th of March.

All was going swimmingly, with the car moving to "In Preperation" a couple of weeks ago, however I found the guide on page 5 of this thread relating to digging into the code behind the YourAudi Dashboard, which revealed something unexpected;

"IM" is the code for Black, not Lunar Silver... It seems the change to the order on the 7th March hasn't quite stuck. A honest mistake, and one that would have been very embarrassing had it only been noted at handover, so it's better to take care of it now.

You don't see this detail in the normal "YourAudi" dashboard view, so it's worth looking.

The discovery of this error seems to have set in place a chain of events that has led to my getting a different order number, and logically, a different car. Perhaps the car was to far advanced to change it by this point, only a couple of weeks before it is due to be built?

Great news! Maybe even a bit quicker! 3 days after arriving mine was ready for collection :eek:

That's not so good. It seems the facelift really has stung a lot of people. Are there no stock cars that you fancy?

There is an exclusive S3 at Perth Audi. You can see it on Facebook if it is of interest.

Ahh, it's not the end of the world. I suppose it's an option but they seem to have gone straight for ordering the facelift version without any prompting from me. The lady selling me the car has been nothing but helpful, fair, professional and entirely friendly through the whole process, so I'm loathe to lumber her with not just one, but potentially TWO brand new S3's spec'd up to my particular desires and just buy one off of the forecourt! Besides, I've still got two other cars I can use, and unless it's a real gopping howler the facelift should be ok. (Of course, if it's carrying a lot of bling and looks like it belongs in the wilds of Cheshire or Essex, I may have to buy something more subtle, like a Civic Type R)

It does mean I might not get as much for the car I'm selling to make way for the S3 though, which is a concern. There's not the Audi dealer can realistically do about that though. Anyway, it is a convertible sports car and the weather's only getting better. I might get more!

I ordered an S3 on 26th Feb for a week 18 build and mid May delivery (However when I looked the car up on youraudi I noticed the actual order date was the 9th of Feb, so it may have been a pre-order)..

I changed my mind re the colour of the leather and changed to Lunar Silver on the 7th of March, which was confirmed the same day. I reconfirmed the spec on the 17th of March.

All was going swimmingly, with the car moving to "In Preperation" a couple of weeks ago, however I found the guide on page 5 of this thread relating to digging into the code behind the YourAudi Dashboard, which revealed something unexpected;

View attachment 86293

"IM" is the code for Black, not Lunar Silver... It seems the change to the order on the 7th March hasn't quite stuck. A honest mistake, and one that would have been very embarrassing had it only been noted at handover, so it's better to take care of it now.

You don't see this detail in the normal "YourAudi" dashboard view, so it's worth looking.

The discovery of this error seems to have set in place a chain of events that has led to my getting a different order number, and logically, a different car. Perhaps the car was to far advanced to change it by this point, only a couple of weeks before it is due to be built?

Ahh, it's not the end of the world. I suppose it's an option but they seem to have gone straight for ordering the facelift version without any prompting from me. The lady selling me the car has been nothing but helpful, fair, professional and entirely friendly through the whole process, so I'm loathe to lumber her with not just one, but potentially TWO brand new S3's spec'd up to my particular desires and just buy one off of the forecourt! Besides, I've still got two other cars I can use, and unless it's a real gopping howler the facelift should be ok. (Of course, if it's carrying a lot of bling and looks like it belongs in the wilds of Cheshire or Essex, I may have to buy something more subtle, like a Civic Type R)

It does mean I might not get as much for the car I'm selling to make way for the S3 though, which is a concern. There's not the Audi dealer can realistically do about that though. Anyway, it is a convertible sports car and the weather's only getting better. I might get more!

I need to look into my car and make sure all is hunky dory myself eek

I'm hoping it's a mistake as i have requested to not pick mine up until September so it's a 65 plate

I appreciate it's an old post, but did you have any issues with leaving the car at the dealer for a couple of months?

I need to leave mine until the end of august so I'm wondering what they do with the battery just sitting there for a month or two. Assuming they plug it in for a charge until you pick it up?

Hi guys, Great thread/forum - it's been keeping me happy as I wait for my A3 3dr Sline 1.8T Quattro to arrive.. Ordered 14 Feb, and I've been at status 38 since 17th March... I really hope it ships soon...

Thank God for this thread, I am having so much trouble containing my excitement for delivery.

However Im still on order status 20 though since the beginning of march, having ordered it on 16th Feb. My build week is 16 (18th April)

From what I have read through this post, most people have gone though from preparation to panel shop quite quick..any thoughts?

unlike most of the posters I only have the basic model with the interior light pack... not that I am now really jealous of you all!!

Thank God for this thread, I am having so much trouble containing my excitement for delivery.

However Im still on order status 20 though since the beginning of march, having ordered it on 16th Feb. My build week is 16 (18th April)

From what I have read through this post, most people have gone though from preparation to panel shop quite quick..any thoughts?

unlike most of the posters I only have the basic model with the interior light pack... not that I am now really jealous of you all!!

Yeah it should fly on through!

When my one started rolling it was done and dusted in a few days, even Quality Control was over in a flash.
Now it's on the way to my dealer.

Reactions: Fuzzyb

Mine is also a BW 16 (starting 18th). It was purchased on the 28th Feb and has been sitting at stage 20 since the 24th March :grumpy:

Damn it...

View attachment 86287

Hmm...I ordered mine at the end of Jan for early June del and YA still shows 'ordered'....dealer knows nothing more!....I would have expected to see some progress in 9 weeks and my delivery is 'only' 9 weeks away....should I be worried yet!?

Mine is also a BW 16 (starting 18th). It was purchased on the 28th Feb and has been sitting at stage 20 since the 24th March :grumpy:

Yes mine changed on the 24th to stage 20 as well... there is a spreadsheet earlier on in this thread;, from the information on that, it seems it takes about 4-6 days to get from stage 20 -30...except for ours. I reckon mine is going slow because I did not take out the £500 paint protection and tyre insurance ;-)

FYI here is my order history so far:

"orderStatus": "39",
"statusDate": "2016-04-05T01:02:51+0100"
}, {
"orderStatus": "30",
"statusDate": "2016-03-17T01:03:52+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "24",
"statusDate": "2016-03-14T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "23",
"statusDate": "2016-03-12T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "22",
"statusDate": "2016-03-11T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "21",
"statusDate": "2016-03-10T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "20",
"statusDate": "2016-03-02T01:04:12+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "10",
"statusDate": "2016-02-16T01:03:52+0000"

I knew mine was stuck for a reason...somehow it has slipped into a facelift model..del still June (I suspect it will be late)

Just spoke to my dealer.

She's got 8 A3's now on hold due to the production stopping. All of them will now be facelifts.

Order books reopen May 1st which is the earliest I can finalise the new spec. Briochures will be available soon. No word on delivery times though, but if I see it in July I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I knew mine was stuck for a reason...somehow it has slipped into a facelift model..del still June (I suspect it will be late)

Ah, how did you find out that its a new facelift model moonlight?? I see there are some details of the A3 re-fresh now on www.audi.co.uk as well

Mine has now come up saying In Transit this morning, it only went into the panel shop on the 31/3.
So its taken them 8 days to build and do quality control, just hope this last stage goes by just as quick!

Still no change on my Tracker which has been stuck on Status 20 since the midnight on the 24th, thats pretty much 16 days.

Price protection for pre facelift orders that have been converted to facelift orders by Audi;

Yes mine changed on the 24th to stage 20 as well... there is a spreadsheet earlier on in this thread;, from the information on that, it seems it takes about 4-6 days to get from stage 20 -30...except for ours. I reckon mine is going slow because I did not take out the £500 paint protection and tyre insurance ;-)

Has yours moved at all? Mine is still stuck on stage 20! It's been 19 days and counting... Based on previous peoples experiences I was expecting to be further ahead than this by now.

Whats the difference between stage 30 and 38?

Order Status 00 - Welcome
Order Status 10 - Order Received
Order Status 20 - Preparation
Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
Order Status 23 - Assembly
Order Status 24 - Quality Control
Order Status 30 - 'Your Audi has left Ingolstadt'
Order Status 38 - Released to designated ship
Order Status 39 - "Your Audi is on it's way to the UK"
Order Status 40 -' Your Audi is in the UK'
Order Stauts 60 - 'Your new Audi is on it's way to the dealer'
Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

Thanks for the replys, I had seen that list somewhere but trying to work while tracking my car is quite difficult haha.

Just had an email from the dealer and they have asked Audi sales whether I am getting a facelift or not (order placed 07/03) and they still can't confirm so got to wait another couple of weeks for an update.

Seeming as though the car hasn't changed from status '00' since then I can only presume it will be a facelift but you never know!

Status 00 and the dealer can't confirm? They don't even have the order yet then. I think you can bank on 2 things;

1/ you'll get a facelift version, price protected (see my post above)
2/ you probably won't see it until August, at which point you have to ask, do you just wait until Sept 1st, and get one with a "66" plate?

Reactions: lou15p