Post GTI international thread

Just think of the power difference, torque difference, aerodynamics etc.

a quarter mile will be pretty close. power/weight the golf will take it thats for sure.

The veyron does 0-62 in 2.5s and 0-200mph in under 20s, thats a whole 8s quicker than the mac f1, i think the veyron would win somehow!!!

Me lining up to do the sprint!!

adaminlineup4sprit.jpg

And a couple of vids of me racing!!

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/adamaudi/?action=view&current=adam_sspritAVI.flv

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/adamaudi/?action=view&current=adam_ssecondspritAVI.flv

Not great vids but im winning in both so i dont care!! lol :D :D

Searched the web and it seems like the Veyron will do a 1/4 mile in the mid 10 seconds. So it should just beat the Golf.

jcs356 said:
Searched the web and it seems like the Veyron will do a 1/4 mile in the mid 10 seconds. So it should just beat the Golf.

In the words of Vin Diesel - "It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, wining's winning"

So true!

Well folks, it's been a bit of a hectic week at work (big new hardware launch coming up and one of the magazines is doing their annual manufacturer shootout in two issues time) so it's been difficult to get on the site long enough to post a proper explanation/apology until today...

First things first, I'm really sorry I didn't make it along to the event, escpecially so to those who put in the hard work organising the stand.

The seemingly never-ending-story behind it all started all the way back in February... I was negotiating one of the little twisties on top of the moors not far from here, and the not-ideal environment to be up there. Unfortunately it didn't go quite as well as I'd liked (you can bet your boots my next one has Quattro), and I ended up off the road in need of a new bumper, headlight and wing. :( I immediately started making arrangements to get everything sorted out, gutted, but thinking it's not _that_ big a problem.

Without recording the whole sorry-saga here; I'll say that I ended up having to drive a borrowed-banger for a while, then my baby with a temporary front-end for a while, as I waited for my new bumper to come from Dortmund (no prizes for guessing who I was waiting on). Anyway, that came a few weeks ago, and I got my car back in for repairs; stressing all along that the only thing I gave a rats' *** about was getting her on or before the 15th - in time for GTI-I.

Well, panel-whackers being panel-whackers, that information didn't sink in too well (perhaps I should've used tools of their trade to beat it into them); and after a few different but equally strange stories, and finding out that other jobs were getting done before mine; I got over there just before the event to find my car in a very sorry state. Not only was she not ready, but now needed a replacement bonnet - I'm not going to speculate too much about why, but I've got a pretty good idea.

So, GTI-I was well and truly off the cards; without so much as an apology, let alone a reasonable explanation. As I write this I'm starting *another* weekend without her; but I'm damn certain this is going to be the last one - one way or another :mad:

Anyway, like I say, I'm fully gutted that I missed the weekend, it looks like it was really good fun. Also, I'm profusely sorry to have messed the organisers around being a johnny no-show. Hopefully I'll not be 'the boy who cried show' and get to meetup with you guys again soon...

Apologies again, and best regards,

Rob.

ChriS3 said:
That pink Ibiza was ugly as sin. Driven like a fairy on the way there, but put some good times in on the sprints.

There were a lot like that.
All the gear and no idea.

Straight line faries...poor show.

A trackday is what an event like GTI International is missing...

Faction1 sorry to hear about yr misshap, hope its sorted soon and hopefully we can sort out a meet soon.

For your information the pink car was not being driven by its owner on the way to bruntingthorpe. The owner did run it down the strip however and it was there first ever attempt at anything like it and in my opinion she didnt do a bad job either.

madwoman said:
For your information the pink car was not being driven by its owner on the way to bruntingthorpe. The owner did run it down the strip however and it was there first ever attempt at anything like it and in my opinion she didnt do a bad job either.

AHhaaa! Its yours then - back of the net!

Yes it is mine. Was surfing around and came across the comments made about my car. I dont mind if people dont like the colour it is my taste and i love it and thats all that matters to me. I love to be different too. But the thing that annoyed me was when it was said that i was driving it like a fairy and it wasnt me driving it at the time.

madwoman said:
Yes it is mine. Was surfing around and came across the comments made about my car. I dont mind if people dont like the colour it is my taste and i love it and thats all that matters to me. I love to be different too. But the thing that annoyed me was when it was said that i was driving it like a fairy and it wasnt me driving it at the time.

Ooh...a raw nerve...

Lets say all of that group you were in on the way there on the sunday were driving like fairies then...

You held us up...and held a Mk3 16v GTI up with less power and torque.
No matter...an opportunity missed.