DTUK Fuel Economy?

Akiriano

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've heard good things about fuel economy through DTUK. I'm more into getting one for fuel economy mostly, and a little power gain. I've read that it gives 10-20% increase, but that it may just be the ECU saying this, and in fact the actual return is 3-5%. Can anyone confirm this, that may be suing it for the same reasons I am?

Thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/epic-dtuk-tuning-box.210486/#post-2113676

Thanks!

Using* not suing lol

Couldn't find an edit button!

I have a DTUK on my F10 535d, it does achieve an extra couple of MPG yes.

You won't get 20% extra fuel economy, you may get a few % but that is dependent on how much you use the performance. As explained in that link the box tricks the ECU into putting more pressure in the fuel rail, which means when the injector injects more fuel will be injected into the engine.
The ECU calculates fuel consumption based on a table that takes into account injection duration and rail pressure.
Because the rail pressure is higher than what the ECU thinks it is, the calibration is incorrect. The increased rail pressure can lead to better atomisation of the fuel which will potentially improve fuel economy.
The only way to accurately measure mpg is filling to the brim and recording the fuel used.
A remap targeted at improving economy is more likely to improve fuel economy as you can alter injection timing and boost maps.
Usually most people are happy with the performance increase with a small increase in fuel economy or no worse than before.

Karl.

Reactions: Akiriano