North Wales....nice driving route

S32B

Reaction score
Just did this, some great roads and lovely views, hardly any cars on it either!

Again I'm impressed with the MPG I was getting :) We covered 106 miles, averaged 37.6mpg with an average speed of 35mph.

This is the route with a few pics of the views:

Reactions: Simon L, Zache, The Challinor and 3 others
Most commonly known as the Evo Triangle :)

Going to be taking my S3 round there to run it in!

Ahh right I didn't know that, just had a look at the map before going out and saw it :)

Scary at times how fast the S3 goes! I had been stuck behind a car for a while and when I booted it to get past the speed warning limiter was going off in no time!!! It didn't feel that fast, so it's good job it's there to remind me! :)

Reactions: Simon L, Psyman79 and lucas-suisse
Looks like a nice drive :)

Think we need a sticky with some google route maps of people's recommended roads on it. I did suggest it to the mods but didn't hear anything back.

Reactions: Minion Bob!, terapati, elpaulio and 1 other person
You guys should come up here for a visit :)

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a984-a822.240402/

Post # 14 for a google map.

Can't argue with you there!! We went to Scotland with my folks before the kids were born and had a week clocking up hundreds of miles, absolutely beautiful drives pretty much anywhere you go and f*ck all traffic compared to nearly everywhere else. Long way from the South Coast riviera where I live but will def go again :)

Would love to have a blast round Wales too ;)

Reactions: Psyman79
Up around the Oban area in June :) Think I'll be going for the car the same as yours next time ;)

Almost headed Oban way on that trip but it added quite a bit to the route.

Aberdeen to Download in June, not sure how exciting a trip that'll be though.

Never thought i'd go red again but love it and always wanted another saloon after my S40 a few cars ago. Mag ride seems to make quite a difference too :)

Another ace road is Moffat to Innerleithen 36 miles of a roller coater road with a 60mph limit. Kin ace road, was shaking when I'd finished

Another road I always enjoy driving in North Wales is the A4212 from the A470 at Trawsynydd to Bala. Great road with lots a sweeping bends.

Another road I always enjoy driving in North Wales is the A4212 from the A470 at Trawsynydd to Bala. Great road with lots a sweeping bends.
Will be driving that one tomorrow on my way to Coed Y Brenin!

Awesome road. Get to drive it every weekend now it's summer . Porthmadog here I come

Agree, Bala to Trawsfynydd great road.

Are we talking great driving roads with the latent danger of a rogue sheep here tho?

With a girlfriend living in Shropshire and me in North Wales, I get to do this journey quite a lot - thoroughly enjoy it when it's dry and sunny!

Don't do 96mph over Bala though - you will go to court... :keule:

With a girlfriend living in Shropshire and me in North Wales, I get to do this journey quite a lot - thoroughly enjoy it when it's dry and sunny!

Don't do 96mph over Bala though - you will go to court... :keule:
I got lucky then . over took an under cover cop when dark so didn't spot it was them. Ooppppss

Reactions: Vins