Best place for DV

tonio94

Reaction score
Hi all,

First, where is the best location to put a dump valve ? Like in the first or second pic ?

1604933_10205057957661831_5930506594688269586_n.jpg

10446331_10205057962461951_6320642421461970540_o.jpg

And if it's in the second picture, how to replace the dump valve by the original ? I mean, the original DV is closed, so where to put the vertical hose which is on it ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english :)

Do it like the first pic... If you are trying to replace that shiney valve with an OE one it should be a straight swap

<tuffty/>

I believe the "best" place for a diverter valve is to have it on the cold side of the intercooler.

Whether you will get any gains from that is anyones guess

I've read quite a few times that it is better to relocate it to the cold side. Obviously we are talking about tiny improvements. Any reasons you would recommend against it? Apart from it not being worth the effort?

It's not something I will ever bother doing myself

it's not ideal mounting cold side.

You want to be venting pressure as close to the turbo as possible.

There are all sorts of other reasons to do with intercooler fill and such other things that were covered many times many moons ago that I don't remember off the top of my head, but in short, hotside mounting is better for the DV.]

The info that you will have read to suggest it's better was created by people looking to sell such kits :)

it's not ideal mounting cold side.

You want to be venting pressure as close to the turbo as possible.

There are all sorts of other reasons to do with intercooler fill and such other things that were covered many times many moons ago that I don't remember off the top of my head, but in short, hotside mounting is better for the DV.]

The info that you will have read to suggest it's better was created by people looking to sell such kits :)

Thanks for the info.

Like I said, I was never going to do it myself but I did think that it was slightly better.

One of the listed reasons I read was "colder air will increase the life of you DV" lol...

Thanks Prawn, you should write a book of all the car stuff you know! :p

Thanks for your answers!

Actually it is very common to mount the DV on the cold side, near to the intake, some say that it's the best place but the first advantage is about the life time of the DV on this side.

But finally, I will mount my new DV and replace this chinese one, on the original place.