Tandem recall?

Ro55

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there was ever a recall on the 1.9tdi for tandems leaking?

Just wandering if i could get one out of them if the recall wasnt carried out.

Not that I'm aware of mate

But a gasket is less than £10 and its a 20mins job.
I'd replace the gasket first

I'd changed mine last year, and it made a hell of a difference on starting, but mine wouldn't start at all when facing up hill

im having starting issues, seems cheap ill do that...are they metal or replaced like with like o-rings? not sure what type i have though.

Ross, simplest way to find if you have an air leak on the fuel line is to put a piece of clear pipe from filter to pump and watch for bubbles.

call me stupid but ive been searching through alot of info,and ive seen many peoples rocker covers off,and there insides look quite clean...mine is black of oil...could this be any help?

I'm not sure about that Ross, never heard of it

One model pump came with metal gasket and the other rubber

When I replaced mine I went from a rubber to a metal gasket

Darkside developments is probably your best bet, but they're about 250 quid, they do sell gaskets too :)

I would also try what Darren said, I need to do this too as I have a fuel leak and don't know where from, I think it's from under the car though

Anyway, get it on vcds too and measure your injectors, if the pump isn't holding pressure surely the injectors would read a low value

Also buy both gaskets, then when you change them, you'll know which one you have, thus preventing you from taking the pump off a 2nd time ;)