Extreme Parking

My usual OOH work parking

View attachment 133376

Today's Sunday parking pickings.
'Oh the freedom'

IMG 0444

Reactions: Audi Bairn, kwstantinosk89, Reggieboy71 and 1 other person
Here's a thought...

Why don't we all compile a list of good parking spots in public car parks? Every time I have to park in an unknown multi-storey in some new location I get cold sweats preying there's a good spot somewhere and I'm not going to be packed in line sardines.

Now in carparks I frequent locally, I've scoped out the best spots to look for and I'm sure we've all done the same so why don't we contribute our knowledge and possibly build a list of good spots for others to look out for when visiting our areas?

Here's some examples from my locality...

Birmingham City Centre:

Mailbox: Head straight up to second level then up the long ramp to the rear and turn immediately left and there are six parallel spaces along the side wall where you'll not have anyone next to you. Lift opposite goes straight up to canalside eateries.

Q-Park Brindley Place: Generally poor with tight spaces but, if you head up the roof, there's a row of twelve parallel spaces where again you'll have noone next to you. Handy location for Brindley Place bars and restaurants.

Grand Central: Superb new car park above New Street station. Spaces are all a decent size but look for the ones immediately on your left after you turn left off the up-ramps as they're very wide indeed. These are also right by the doors into John Lewis for easy access through into Grand Central

NCP Five Ways (behind Cineworld): Useful for the cinema and you get free parking if you validate the ticket at the cinema but generally not a nice place with tight spaces so avoid.

Moor Street: (Opposite Selfridges): Spaces are average, not too small but not very spacious either. If you get lucky there are a couple of corner spots at 45 degrees to the rows either side where you'll not have anyone next to you. Failing that head down the basement level where there are a few spots on the ends of rows with more space beside them

Solihull Town Centre:

John Lewis (Opposite Waitrose): Best option by far. Head straight to the roof as there are quite a few spaces set apart from others with extra space either side. Failing that go for the side extension bit on level 4 (one down from roof) as there are a few end spots where you can space yourself a bit. Exits into John Lewis and through to Touchwood.

Touchwood (off Homer Rd): Average carpark at other end of Touchwood, handy for the cinema and cheap after 6pm. After you enter and turn left head right down to the end and there are a few spaces at an angle which have more space beside them.

Poplar Road: Ancient carpark where machines only take cash. Best bet is on first two levels after you do a u-turn to the left at the top of the ramp. There are two golden spots on the left between pillars with extra side space or, failing that, parallel spaces opposite them.

Reactions: keenu, Audi Bairn and Djs3saloon
QUOTE="Vertigo1, post: 3069603, member: 13108"]Here's a thought...

Why don't we all compile a list of good parking spots in public car parks? Every time I have to park in an unknown multi-storey in some new location I get cold sweats preying there's a good spot somewhere and I'm not going to be packed in line sardines.

Now in carparks I frequent locally, I've scoped out the best spots to look for and I'm sure we've all done the same so why don't we contribute our knowledge and possibly build a list of good spots for others to look out for when visiting our areas?

Birmingham City Centre:

Mailbox: Head straight up to second level then up the long ramp to the rear and turn immediately left and there are six parallel spaces along the side wall where you'll not have anyone next to you. Lift opposite goes straight up to canalside eateries.

Q-Park Brindley Place: Generally poor with tight spaces but, if you head up the roof, there's a row of twelve parallel spaces where again you'll have noone next to you. Handy location for Brindley Place bars and restaurants.

Grand Central: Superb new car park above New Street station. Spaces are all a decent size but look for the ones immediately on your left after you turn left off the up-ramps as they're very wide indeed. These are also right by the doors into John Lewis for easy access through into Grand Central

NCP Five Ways (behind Cineworld): Useful for the cinema and you get free parking if you validate the ticket at the cinema but generally not a nice place with tight spaces so avoid.

Moor Street: (Opposite Selfridges): Spaces are average, not too small but not very spacious either. If you get lucky there are a couple of corner spots at 45 degrees to the rows either side where you'll not have anyone next to you. Failing that head down the basement level where there are a few spots on the ends of rows with more space beside them

Solihull Town Centre:

John Lewis (Opposite Waitrose): Best option by far. Head straight to the roof as there are quite a few spaces set apart from others with extra space either side. Failing that go for the side extension bit on level 4 (one down from roof) as there are a few end spots where you can space yourself a bit. Exits into John Lewis and through to Touchwood.

Touchwood (off Homer Rd): Average carpark at other end of Touchwood, handy for the cinema and cheap after 6pm. After you enter and turn left head right down to the end and there are a few spaces at an angle which have more space beside them.

Poplar Road: Ancient carpark where machines only take cash. Best bet is on first two levels after you do a u-turn to the left at the top of the ramp. There are two golden spots on the left between pillars with extra side space or, failing that, parallel spaces opposite them.[/QUOTE]
This is class mate, can somebody mark one up for bristol please lads:respekt:

Reactions: James.B8
QUOTE="Vertigo1, post: 3069603, member: 13108"]Here's a thought...

Birmingham City Centre:

Solihull Town Centre:

Poplar Road: Ancient carpark where machines only take cash. Best bet is on first two levels after you do a u-turn to the left at the top of the ramp. There are two golden spots on the left between pillars with extra side space or, failing that, parallel spaces opposite them.
This is class mate, can somebody mark one up for bristol please lads:respekt:[/QUOTE]

If we tell everyone though there won't be any left for us... :grin:

Reactions: Djs3saloon and Audi Bairn
This is class mate, can somebody mark one up for bristol please lads:respekt:

If we tell everyone though there won't be any left for us... :grin:[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you keep the really really good ones to yourself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Audi Bairn and James.B8
Here's a thought...

Birmingham City Centre:

Solihull Town Centre:

Funny you mention the Cineworld ticket validation thing.
Had friends over yesterday who were telling us that's exactly what they do at Cineworld Glasgow too, when they're actually going elsewhere but pop into the cinema only to get validated....... apparently they never check!

Reactions: BarryG79
Here's a thought...

Birmingham City Centre:

Solihull Town Centre:

Qpark, bad? I go to one of the ones in Manchester and as far as car parks go, it's incredible, go up to the empty levels and its perfect, good for pictures to!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Djs3saloon
Funny you mention the Cineworld ticket validation thing.
Had friends over yesterday who were telling us that's exactly what they do at Cineworld Glasgow too, when they're actually going elsewhere but pop into the cinema only to get validated....... apparently they never check!

You could do the same in Birmingham as the machine isn't 'policed' at all. Only issue is that the cinema is about the only reason you'd park there anyway :D

Qpark, bad? I go to one of the ones in Manchester and as far as car parks go, it's incredible, go up to the empty levels and its perfect, good for pictures to!

Yeah I used a Q-Park in London last weekend and it was epic with huge wide spaces. I think some are better than others - the Brindley Place one was an exist car park that they took over rather than one they build themselves.

Reactions: MattSedg
Costco is good for parking, nice big American sized spaces

Reactions: oli356, Chris43, zee1 and 1 other person
Still take no chances, those spaces fill up quickly!!!

On the way in:
1-jpg.70701

And on the way out lol:
2-jpg.70702

Brilliant!
They're different to my nearest Costco. It has double lines, around 18 - 24 inches apart, between spaces. But the spaces are probably the same overall.

Finally got a space worthy of taking a picture of for this thread. Taken the lad to a trampoline park and saw this space as soon as I pulled in

WuGsob5.jpg

Reactions: Djs3saloon, AndrewB, azibux1 and 3 others
It's huuuuuuuge!

That's what she said… lol, looking at the picture now it does look like a big space, still didn't stop some silly bint in a BMW parking at a rate old angle in the one next to it and partly over my space! Thankfully not too close to mine.

Nice pic of Ara Blue as well.....Car looks pristine Tom.

Cheers mate, it could actually do with a clean but I'm still waiting for summer to arrive in the U.K. as it's raining again, the day started off lovely as well!

Reactions: MattSedg and Audi Bairn
Last week I was sitting in my car in a car park, minding my own business. I happened to have all my windows wound down and the driver of the car next door to me came back to his car and starting giving out to his wife about how I'd parked. Anyway....

Reactions: Terminator x and glospete
Last week I was sitting in my car in a car park, minding my own business. I happened to have all my windows wound down and the driver of the car next door to me came back to his car and starting giving out to his wife about how I'd parked. Anyway....
and i bet you weren't effecting anybody else in the whole car park?

Someone with the same idea, beat me to my favourite spot.

IMG 0455

Always have a backup.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, daytonamart and MattSedg
So last week I'm on holiday in the NW and we decide to go to the Waterways museum in Ellesmere Port,

Naturally, I get on google maps to find the best car parking spots and to my absolute joy find a couple of corkers on the side of the car park. It opens at 10am so we rock up at 9:55am and get the best space I have had for a while. Cue happy Mart all day, actually spent 6 hours there great day out only made better by the car park spaces.

See what you think:

WW250
WW350
WW50

Reactions: daydotz, Djs3saloon, MattSedg and 4 others
So last week I'm on holiday in the NW and we decide to go to the Waterways museum in Ellesmere Port,

Naturally, I get on google maps to find the best car parking spots and to my absolute joy find a couple of corkers on the side of the car park. It opens at 10am so we rock up at 9:55am and get the best space I have had for a while. Cue happy Mart all day, actually spent 6 hours there great day out only made better by the car park spaces.

See what you think:

View attachment 135375 View attachment 135376 View attachment 135377

That's some dedication that is lol

Reactions: Mark_86, Djs3saloon, MattSedg and 2 others

See what you think:

View attachment 135375 View attachment 135376 View attachment 135377
Impressive planning sir! :hi:

Reactions: MattSedg and daytonamart
Good big space, but still danger of some idiot going right in front of you! lol :)

Think I'd have picked:

PARK

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Reggieboy71, MattSedg and 3 others
Just got my very first Audi a few days ago, but taking no risks with the office car park.

They built an overflow section that literally no one uses, because the building doesn't actually have that many staff members. Guess it's my own private car park now. :smilingimp:

Extreme Parking 1

Reactions: BarryG79, daydotz, daytonamart and 1 other person
Just got my very first Audi a few days ago, but taking no risks with the office car park.

They built an overflow section that literally no one uses, because the building doesn't actually have that many staff members. Guess it's my own private car park now. :smilingimp:

View attachment 135557
It's so lonely looking I feel sorry for it :blownose:

Reactions: BarryG79 and Joe4842
1)Longleat safari park, right out the way in the over flow car park.. got it in the ear for that one I tell you not!

2) not so extreme, but Forest of Dean (go ape) earlier on today.

Attachments

• IMG_3829.JPG
    IMG_3829.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 318
Reactions: daytonamart, Chris43, jjc86 and 2 others
Drummond Hill, on the shore of Loch Tay, Nr the village if Kenmore

DSC 1846

Reactions: Audi Bairn, jjc86, daytonamart and 7 others
Oh you're such an amateur... walking boots off, trainers back on before getting back in.

That said, our Jack Russell picks up more mud than any pair of boots. He's moulting as well so the car is covered in white dog hair, despite having the backseat fully covered.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Amateur? I carry a pack of overshoes in my glovebox! I'd still not park there anyway, look at all the mud that will get flung all up the sides of your car and in the wheel arches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Overshoes? You take it to a whole new level. :salute:

So the car park has to be clean as well a deserted to be considered extreme?

The car had done 260 miles up a sh1tty M6 the day before so it wasn't so clean anyway.

............well just when you thought you had cracked it at the local supermarket, along comes another ....hole !!

Image 13 10 2017 at 1011

Reactions: MrSkimo, 1future, A4A4 and 5 others