Comming home lights - Not working?

Tom5190

Reaction score
Car - 2008 Audi S3

Ever since I bought my car it had the coming home lights activated, I'd never had any issues with them. Now there not working, strangely (or maybe not?) this was instantly after I had the car mapped. They worked on the morning before the map, and had stopped working after the map that evening.

I've spoken to the place that mapped the car and they said that it shouldn't have any effect on this but they did offer to have a look at it, however they are around 3 hours from me so I'm not too keen on going just for that.

I have VCDS & I have de-activated & re-activated the function but no change. The auto lights are working fine etc its just this function that is not working.

Has anybody else came across this before?

Thanks, Tom.

The button is pressed on, on the headlight switch?

If its a facelift, then check the dis menu's as button isn't fitted on newer facelift 8P's mostly.

If its a facelift, then check the dis menu's as button isn't fitted on newer facelift 8P's mostly.

I have a similar problem, i have activated it using vcds but it still does not work? I have a 2011 audi a3 s line 3 door with the drl function but dont have drl headlights.

Is it not working because i dont have the auto function?

mine doesnt work even with auto lights , activated in vcds and in the dis but doesnt work . LH lights work perfectly

What? simple question, i caught mine and wondered why they never worked.

Sorry that reads a bit funny.. that's me bashing my own head. That's exactly what it was! I didn't know it had a switch I must have spent about 2 hours messing around with VCDS. Doh!

I must have knocked it or something and turned it off.

lol no bother welcome to the "club" hahaha

Mine is a facelift 2011 black edition, the coming home lights have always worked since I bought the car. I installed interior LEDs and now they no longer work, the auto light function and drl's work fine. I've switched the function off and on and also put the original interior bulbs back in but no change. Any ideas?