TFSI head port slots modifications with no JB Weld..

Andrew@A.L.D

May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.
Reaction score
Website
www.aldevelopments.com
How to modify a TFSI port rather than bodge it with JB Weld

After some heat cycles the JB Weld can work its way loose, more heat in a a big turbo build like this one with a GTX turbo..

66A5F63C-D94B-49D8-8E24-FDF2C104A4CF_zpsaw8yx2gj.jpg

Welded up slots

3E276BA2-F8B9-4951-A186-F3AED437DF06_zpsy1r2vsw1.jpg

3239E953-AD17-453A-BAE1-8AB7D52ED103_zpsq3jpery6.jpg

After a little cutting but still a lot to do..

If you remove the tumble flaps and/or port the head then the channels used to support the tumble flaps ideally should be filled in.

As above. People just use JB weld to fill them. :asskicking::keule::loyal:

After your post,I googled JBWeld.....

WTF....epoxy resin in a place like that.....I couldn't believe either that,or my eyes,seeing your original pics.

Some well known company's do it with JB weld or something else?

Why? It can be welded

You're serious....and I know the proof lies above....

When there are people like yourself around who can do this work properly,why would anyone be so daft.

But then again it's cheap I guess.....do something cheap,do it twice.

Cosworth regularly used Devcon epoxy for filling in anomalies in ports, with correct keying and application it is very effective on the induction side.

Looks to me like the valve throat/ insert could use some work, there is quite an undercut there at the point of maximum charge velocity.

Dave

:) I've done a few Audi heads for engines installed in Elises, there is plenty of Improvement to be had and on the exhaust manifold pre-turbo.

Dave

:) I've done a few Audi heads for engines installed in Elises, there is plenty of Improvement to be had and on the exhaust manifold pre-turbo.

Dave

You're talking about the stock exhaust manifold to the K04?

Not actually seen the Turbos, but the majority were S3 engines so I guess the K04 turbo.

Dave

Reactions: S3Alex
Not actually seen the Turbos, but the majority were S3 engines so I guess the K04 turbo.

Dave

Got it...

I have a few pics from my car's early days....

Here's the lovely piece of Audi iron with the little K04 on the left,and my original 3071 on the right for comparison.