Xenon Flicker on bumpy roads

First Ever Audi

Reaction score
Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf
I believe that this seems to be common with HID but has anyone else noticed a very slight flicker when on dipped lights, going over a bumpy surface...could be any road in the UK at the moment!

Seems to be lots of information on the Forums about the self leveling servo or even something to do with the bulb.

Welcome any comments...

I believe that this seems to be common with HID but has anyone else noticed a very slight flicker when on dipped lights, going over a bumpy surface...could be any road in the UK at the moment!

Seems to be lots of information on the Forums about the self leveling servo or even something to do with the bulb.

Welcome any comments...

Phew mine does the same when i go over a rippled surface for example in advance of a 30mph limit.
I thought it was just me, presumably the covers over the light when on dip bounce ever so slightly.

Do you have the active cornering function? My old Skoda Superb had this and the shake was noticeable, but I've not noticed it on the standard s-line Xenons

Yip I have noticed it too.. just on the most extreme surfaces...which is every single one!!! :mad:

Yes, I have noticed this very slightly, but only at slow speeds strangely.

I have it. i think it is just a normal 'feature' unfortunately.

Had the standard S-Line xenons on previous A3 8V and now the Adaptive version on my new 8V - same issue with both.

Had this on my 8p S3. Our roads are shocking up here.

Don't get it with the 8v S3 LED's though.

I noticed this far more on my previous 8P than I do on my current 8V. I suppose a lot can depend on the roads of course but also on the overall suspension setup.

It's just the auto-levelling system moving around a little on certain surfaces.