Put the car on the rollers yesterday

Ben2487

Reaction score
New rolling road had come closer to me so I thought id take the car down.

IMG 0080

IMG 0084

Quite pleased with that considering bluefin is mild. Anyone on here got bluefin stage 2 or 3 Id be interesed to know figures becuase now ive purchased the bluefin controller its only £50 each upgrade so I'll probably jump to stage 3 if im disappointed take a weekend out up to Revo

The bluefin is only mild in terms of torque - it's a linear map. Power is similar to any good Stage 1. Dyno Dynamics Dyno's do not inflate the figures so you have done very well there.

Rick

How much was the run on the rollers? if you don't mind me asking.

Tez

Yea I pleased I was expecting 280-290.
It was only £50 looking at exhausts now.

Happy days. It's a slippery slope, downpipe is the biggest restriction in the system.
Tez

Just had the toyo's put on, let's just say the sooner I have an exhaust to drone out tyre noise the better!

Reactions: Tezgreig
Yea R888 I only did about 3000 miles last year hopefully that low again this year they might last then.

R888 a really good tyres. Dont last too long, and heavy standing water can be a problem, but normal dry and wet weather they find serious grip.

I'm running the Nankang NS2R's and for £100 Per Tyre they are awesome track/road tyres! R888's and Advan's are the business though!

At that sort of mileage ideal although the weather in South Wales isn't ideal always raining :(

Lovely looking car mate. What's it like to drive daily? What's the mpg like?

Texgreig your right about the weather hardly ever get the chance to take the bike out.

It's a lovely car to drive discrete when I need it and plenty quick enough when I need it also, as regards to mpg never really checked it on long journeys, like I said don't get to drive it much but If i drove off boost constantly I would imagine id get 30-35 mpg

Reactions: Sammyt87
I live in sunny swansea mate got a 5 year old bike with 900 miles on lol

I live in sunny swansea mate got a 5 year old bike with 900 miles on lol

900 miles that's criminal :)

Got my bike in May last year and it's got over 1000 miles on already. I've heard the roads are beautiful up your way for bikers?

Didn't know that Rick, thanks for the heads up.

Is yours Manual or DSG?

Are you using the first map that bluefin gave you or did you have to change it at all?

Manual. No the first one they gave me, I think when bluefin first done an a S3 map people where complaining of a large flat spot so they altered it slightly but seems ok now. Everyone that buys a bluefin will have the same map car specific obviously.

My car almost felt slower after the map because it smoothed out the big turbo kick along the Rev range but clearly it's not slower and after a few weeks I can't tell any difference.

Thinking about it later I should of taken the bluefin controller with me done a run on the standard map then loaded the bluefin map just as a comparison

Sorry for the unrelated question, but OP, where did you get the black grill?

Came when I bought the car think the previous owner paid for a pack got gloss black grill, inside the doors and back of the recaros

Sammyt87

The roads are indeed beautiful especially heading to Builth wells and Brecons really nice on the odd day it's not raining lol

Reactions: Ben2487