Slowly convert to Rs3...

Buick7

Reaction score
Hello all!

Going to slowly upgrade my car to an rs3 best I can,

what would you recommend I do first?/what is easiest?

Get ready for some negativity on this one :)

I'd suggest posting details of your car as that will play a role in advice given.

Reactions: bentwenty, grainqey and Yolo_8p3
negativity? whys that?

I just have a standard 5 door A3

Good luck. I would start with roof spoiler and rear bumper as I imagine that to be the easiest to do.

Hello all!

to be frankly honest...just sell the a3 and get a used rs3. in order to do it right, i'll bet it's around the same price

my a3 cost me £1500... don't think it's gonna be the same haha

Reactions: DriverN00B and Sayam
In fairness,you can probably make it LOOK sort of like an RS3,but you need to decide if thats as far as you're going.

The cosmetic bits,if you buy genuine parts,will not be cheap,and things like the flared arches will be costly.

Other than that,if you really want to do this properly,you're going to be into a world of wallet pain,and at the end of the day as suggested above,a used RS3 would likely be cheaper than trying to make one.

Personally,I don't like the idea of trying to make a car look like something that it clearly isn't but I know lots do,but as I've said,if that's your plan,get a budget,and stick carefully to it.

1) Sell A3
2) Buy RS3

It would cost a FORTUNE to convert an A3 to an RS3 unless you are just talking about doing a look-a-like?

Reactions: S3Alex
Maybe ive confused you all, I just mean to change/upgrade my car and add some RS3 things like the grille etc! Not have my car transformed into an rs3 no...

Maybe ive confused you all, I just mean to change/upgrade my car and add some RS3 things like the grille etc! Not have my car transformed into an rs3 no...

I think you did!.....

Someone will be along soon who can give you help with that.....

OP whats your budget? It'll cost you a fair bit but there are some lovely examples of some RS3 reps on this forum, try searching and then you can contact those who have already gone down this route, I'm sure they're best placed to advise you :)

A few RS3 replicas build thread's on here,use the search

Hello all!

I've nearly completed one. But, I wouldn't do an RS3 Conversion on a £1500 car. By the sounds of that price, it's either damaged, acquired cheap through a PX deal, got spaceship mileage or its a CAT D/C. You're going to end up spending £3000 or more on parts, inc steering wheel and DRL's. Then labour will cost you anywhere from £500-£1500 depending on how much you do yourself. Your old parts will be worthless unless its an S Line, and then selling it for a profit or even for your cost price will be a headache.

You mentioned, just changing the grill. Well, to change the grill to an RS3 one, means you have to change the bumper to an S3/RS3 bumper, which means you have to change the headlights for the bumper to fit, change the front panel for the headlights to fit, change the wings for the bumper and headlights to fit, which means you have to change the bonnet for it all to work. Then you will have to change the side mirrors to LED ones, so that the car passes it's MOT because it needs side repeaters. Then it will look like it's sitting too high, so you will spend another £100+ on springs. Then it will still look too high, so you will want to put side skirts and 19"s on it. But then the rear of the car will look like a bog standard A3, so you'll have to buy a rear bumper, or if it's an S line one, just the Valance and diffuser. Then the RS3 rear spoiler and brake light.
Then the Rear Led lights with adaptors, or make your own adaptors. Then the Exhaust. On top of that, adaptors and coding for the headlights.

Not trying to put you off, because I actually want you to do a conversion. It's a good experience. However, don't do it on a standard a3 with no extras. And I'd recommend you to do it on a DSG model, as that's what RS3's come in.

If you need any more help or advice, please ask me. I will help you as much as I can, as I've recently done one, so now is the best time to ask. Thanks

Reactions: Compkiler and mister.c.
I've nearly completed one. But, I wouldn't do an RS3 Conversion on a £1500 car. By the sounds of that price, it's either damaged, acquired cheap through a PX deal, got spaceship mileage or its a CAT D/C. You're going to end up spending £3000 or more on parts, inc steering wheel and DRL's. Then labour will cost you anywhere from £500-£1500 depending on how much you do yourself. Your old parts will be worthless unless its an S Line, and then selling it for a profit or even for your cost price will be a headache.

You mentioned, just changing the grill. Well, to change the grill to an RS3 one, means you have to change the bumper to an S3/RS3 bumper, which means you have to change the headlights for the bumper to fit, change the front panel for the headlights to fit, change the wings for the bumper and headlights to fit, which means you have to change the bonnet for it all to work. Then you will have to change the side mirrors to LED ones, so that the car passes it's MOT because it needs side repeaters. Then it will look like it's sitting too high, so you will spend another £100+ on springs. Then it will still look too high, so you will want to put side skirts and 19"s on it. But then the rear of the car will look like a bog standard A3, so you'll have to buy a rear bumper, or if it's an S line one, just the Valance and diffuser. Then the RS3 rear spoiler and brake light.
Then the Rear Led lights with adaptors, or make your own adaptors. Then the Exhaust. On top of that, adaptors and coding for the headlights.

Not trying to put you off, because I actually want you to do a conversion. It's a good experience. However, don't do it on a standard a3 with no extras. And I'd recommend you to do it on a DSG model, as that's what RS3's come in.

If you need any more help or advice, please ask me. I will help you as much as I can, as I've recently done one, so now is the best time to ask. Thanks

Good point, its one of those threads "I want more power but only willing to spend 10 quid". To do a PROPER conversion you need big bucks 4k to start with, and a good platform (A3 5dr facelift quattro with xenons and S line pack) to play with.

Reactions: lakers1234
Think I'm gonna just do some changes aka alloys etc and that will do haha

Reactions: RedDejavu