Which is the quietest exhaust system for stage 2?

JoeS3

Reaction score
Hello people

im thinking of going stage two but really dont want a loud exhaust system or any feedback during motorway driving.
ideally, id want something which is as close to original as possible

any recommendations would be really appreciated

thanks
Joe

BCS Powervalve. I have one fitted and the car is my wifes ! no complaints from her at all and if anything off boost it is quieter than the standard system ! but on boost it turns into an awesome snarling beast, i really cant recommend it enough ! absolute top quallity and the guys at BCS are just the most awesome guys to deal with ! you wont be disappointing !

nice one!

where are they based?

BCS Powervalve oner here too - Like S3DUST said, very high quality and very flexible in terms of noise.

Reactions: S3DUST
I would just get a 3" downpipe and sports cat for the stock cat back if you want to keep it quiet.
The cat back system is not worth the money until at least stage 2+

Just look at the difference below

audi_vs_milltek.jpg

I would just get a 3" downpipe and sports cat for the stock cat back if you want to keep it quiet.
The cat back system is not worth the money until at least stage 2+

Just look at the difference below

audi_vs_milltek.jpg

Hmm im not so sure ! The guys that mapped my car recond that when he fitted a down pipe and sports cat to his standard system it was louder than when he upgraded to the full system !

Definitely +1 for the Powervalve, I had mine fitted last year and couldn't be happier, stock sound driving normally, no drone on the motor way and sounds completely mental on full boost ;-)

The reactions from people, when they don't expect the full chat noise is priceless :)

Don't want loud exhaust - drive like a granny, wanna drive like a granny buy yourself a micra or something, not to be funny but it's a sports car n u want more power, sorry bud but i just don't get it :ninja:

Reactions: grchmason
I use my car as a daily driver. I commute in it, do the school run, go on long road trips with Mrs and daughter as well as on an occasional spirited drive. I need it to do both things well and a powervalve system let's me use my car for all that without tiring me out on a long journey, waking up my neighbours or restricting exhaust gas flow when I need power. So yeah, I don't want a loud exhaust ALL of the time.

Reactions: mister.c. and S3DUST
I use my car as a daily driver. I commute in it, do the school run, go on long road trips with Mrs and daughter as well as on an occasional spirited drive. I need it to do both things well and a powervalve system let's me use my car for all that without tiring me out on a long journey, waking up my neighbours or restricting exhaust gas flow when I need power. So yeah, I don't want a loud exhaust ALL of the time.
Mine is a daily driver as well, wot i tried to say is, if u don't put ur foot down i can't c any exhaust beeing too loud as long as u don't remove all the silencers n run a straight pipe...didn't want to upset anyone...

I'm not upset mate, just making a point in my own way :)

I swear, BCS should pay me for advertising their wares :) I do love their system, it got my wife off my back as far as the noise goes :)

Reactions: S3DUST and lucky_bob
Im running supersprint back box n no mid silencer n car is still quiet as long as u don't put ur foot down...bcs powervalve systems r good, but so r most of them...just my opinion...

I guess joeS3 was thinking about exhaust systems whitch makes booming noise while doin' motorway speeds, i had that problem years back with my 306 n cheap back box from fleebay...Cant c that problem with any branded systems....but might be wrong...

Like whats been said previously, if you want it quiet don't boost it about, as soon as you hit boost thats when all hell breaks loose whether its stock or after market.

lol

sure, i want the beast to come alive when on boost but i just dont want any drones or excessive exhaust notes when im hobbling around town. i guess theres plenty of people who want the best of both worlds.

i shall definitely check out powervalve as most of you are recommending it from experience.

im guessing the cost of stage 2 would probably be, [1] £1000 or so for the full exhaust system [2] £50-100 for the upgrade to revo stage 2 [3] cluch when it decides to go

question,
do i need to go the FULL exhaust system? sorry, bit of a noob to this.

@JoeS3 if you are near to AMD tuning in Essex, there will be a RR day at the end of April and a few S3s with aftermarket systems will be there. Might be worth coming to check them out first hand and make the decision. Alternatively you could ask on here if there is a member with one nearer to you.

Reactions: S3Alex and lucky_bob
@JoeS3 if you are near to AMD tuning in Essex, there will be a RR day at the end of April and a few S3s with aftermarket systems will be there. Might be worth coming to check them out first hand and make the decision. Alternatively you could ask on here if there is a member with one nearer to you.
That's a very sound advice, before spending good chunk of cash, have a look/sound test wot others r running, n then decide ;)

Milltek full Res is perfect for your needs..

I`m fitting the above in the morning to a forum member, along with stage 2+ :)

really, even off boost?

ive always thought that milltek was quite loud. perhaps they were de-cat

That's a very sound advice, before spending good chunk of cash, have a look/sound test wot others r running, n then decide ;)

As above,very good advice.

Mine is a sort of Milltek/custom hybrid non-resonated and probably one of the louder ones you'd hear so you're welcome to hear how that sounds at the AMD RR day.

Don't want loud exhaust - drive like a granny, wanna drive like a granny buy yourself a micra or something, not to be funny but it's a sports car n u want more power, sorry bud but i just don't get it :ninja:

Sports car? :lmfao:

Its a hot hatch, it should be able to do all things.

Sports car? :lmfao:

Its a hot hatch, it should be able to do all things.
Sports car, let me think on that...running around 350hp now, will be 370-380 in a week or so, hmmm, yeah i will call it a sports car, its not ur ordinary hot hatch any more...and yes, i got my wordin' wrong in that post, its still my daily driver n it does do all the things i want it to do...:nyah:

Reactions: S3Alex
Sports car, let me think on that...running around 350hp now, will be 370-380 in a week or so, hmmm, yeah i will call it a sports car, its not ur ordinary hot hatch any more...and yes, i got my wordin' wrong in that post, its still my daily driver n it does do all the things i want it to do...:nyah:

You could give it a 600bhp, its still a hot hatch.

You could give it a 600bhp, its still a hot hatch.

This is true of course.

But a hot hatch that will give the likes of an AMG63 or similar a hard time.

Would you class a 997 Carrera 4S as a "sports car"?

This is true of course.

But a hot hatch that will give the likes of an AMG63 or similar a hard time.

Would you class a 997 Carrera 4S as a "sports car"?

Yeah not denying the performance, just the definition. That said, the definition is open for debate I guess, its not set in stone, but performance has never been a requirement for something to be classed as a sports car (MX-5, MR2, MBG etc)

Yes I would class any Porsche 911 as a sports car, mainly because that's its design intent from the outset. The S3 is just a regular hatchback with improved parts (Engine, suspension etc).

I see what you're getting at,which comes down to semantics in a sense.

The definition of a sports car is a very nebulous one,as your MGB example shows,given it's performance,roadholding and pretty much every other part of the envelope.

I've always liked the 911 as an example of a sports car,especially as that covers everything up to the Turbo and it's variants.

So yes,the S3 is just a hatchback,but one with the potential to surprise some sports cars......which is fun.

I see what you're getting at,which comes down to semantics in a sense.

The definition of a sports car is a very nebulous one,as your MGB example shows,given it's performance,roadholding and pretty much every other part of the envelope.

I've always liked the 911 as an example of a sports car,especially as that covers everything up to the Turbo and it's variants.

So yes,the S3 is just a hatchback,but one with the potential to surprise some sports cars......which is fun.

Yeah, you could argue I'm just being pedantic, which I probably am :p, but in my mind a sports car is a car designed from the start to be to be fun with good handling. Where as you might say a hot hatch is compromised in that sense, because it must be practical also (otherwise what would be the point of it). On the same note, I had an Evo VI which I adored but in my mind it would never be a sports car because it is compromised by being a practical saloon (despite it being higher performance than many sports cars).

Anyway, sorry for pulling this thread way way off topic! :oops:

Reactions: S3Alex
We could always investigate sports exhausts..... :)

Reactions: RobCrezz