Carbon Fiber intake manifold.

Danny Cawsey

Cawsey
Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a while,
I'm planning on building a large port carbon intake manifold for the s3. Obviously I want maximum flow. Does anyone have any experience on testing different shapes and volumes.

Says on their website... 2.75ltrs

Rule of thumb plenum is 1.5 x engine capacity for turbo engines

<tuffty/>

Depends what you want from the car, a dual plenum like in the WRC Skoda below distributes the air more evenly but limits top end flow.

DSC03754.JPG

Depends what you want from the car, a dual plenum like in the WRC Skoda below distributes the air more evenly but limits top end flow.

DSC03754.JPG

Remembering these are restrictor cars so not overly relevant in terms of us non restricted higher power chaps

Remembering these are restrictor cars so not overly relevant in terms of us non restricted higher power chaps

Yup, the older 34mm restrictor so theoretically limiting horsepower to about 330hp in ideal conditions, the WRC-esque inlet should bump low-mid torque sacrificing topend (not that it matters in WRC as the restrictor prevents higher air flows).

The SEM Manifold design looks pretty dam good

Yup, the older 34mm restrictor so theoretically limiting horsepower to about 330hp in ideal conditions, the WRC-esque inlet should bump low-mid torque sacrificing topend (not that it matters in WRC as the restrictor prevents higher air flows).

The SEM Manifold design looks pretty dam good
wrc have monstrous torque tho.. epic..

Ridiculous torque and all the rev band. Been taken out in both Richard Burn's last and one of Petter Solberg's WRC Imprezas on some of the Somerset Stages courses (gravel) and my god they're rapid!