Do I sell or strip?

Congrats Ash! Something tells me that you'll be a bit busy for the next few years, not a couple if weeks though :)

Congrats on your baby girl!
Wish you and your family all the best!

I think you should advertise it as it is, write up a very detailed ad along with links to your blog and this forum and i think someone will snap it up.

Worst case scenario it doesnt sell then you can strip down?

Hey guys,
Thanks for the kind words, Mummy and baby are doing great! luckily i have a beautiful daughter who likes to stay asleep for most of the day so it allows me to organise my time a bit. i have done a couple of retrofit jobs over the last couple days while staying close to home, so its not been too bad.

so I'm thinking i should strip it. only thing is i want to keep the car attractive to a new buyer yet at the same time i don't want to loose out money on part exchanging parts. i personally couldn't care less if the car sold with a mfsw or not however for a new buyer i know it would be most appealing if it had a flat bottom wheel in it... so I'm still very confused on how to approach it.

I'm going to see how next week pans out for me and if i do get some more time on my hands i will be back with a list of bits that i would sell and then go from there.

Reactions: nezz, Sayam and Sandra
Congrats on the new baby girl. I'm sure you gonna be a busy man. If you decide to strip I will be interested in front end swap + cash your way
Front bumber and xenon headlights
my car same colour as yours so that might help a lot.
have a spare grill to put on the deal so you can sell yours as I got an rs3 one allready but kept my standard one.
Let me know when you got time thanks

Hi mate, as previously said the front end will not be for sale... i will be selling the grill at some point though

Reactions: nezz
yeah that seller has loads of grills which look half decent but they have their flaws, you can't quite get close to OEM without getting the real thing.

What are the flaws with the facelift RS3 grill from that xenonz website? I'm interested in the RS3 grill also. Have an S3 black edition on to swap if needed. I am local to Dartford too

Congrats on the new Family addition will work out far more expensive than a brand new RS6 and an R8 but defo just as enjoyable ;)

Reactions: Sandra
What are the flaws with the facelift RS3 grill from that xenonz website? I'm interested in the RS3 grill also. Have an S3 black edition on to swap if needed. I am local to Dartford too
first there is lack of the oem mesh inside the rings, this really puts me off! then there is the fact that they just cannot reproduce the oem gunmetal colour so its always either all black or the cheap looking chrome surround they make. OEM RS grills do not have chrome, they all have that lovely finish.

Reactions: grchmason
Congratulations for you and your wife on your baby girl !
I am also interested in the front grill , the mirrors and im not sure i remember how the back off your car looks , also would be interested in a diffuser ...
Keep me in touch .
Congrats again and Cheers !

Right Guys... So I have finally got the RS3 Grill off the car and its for sale

i have a receipt for the grill where i paid just under £600 last August so i am looking for £500... comes with the RS3 badge too
I have also cut holes into the top right side to allow air to pass through to the air intake.

808D034E-B6B2-4A4D-BB54-3CF1AB28983A.jpg

The rest of the car will be put up for sale as a whole with everything on it, if it doesn't sell then i will look into stripping it properly.

Everyone wanted your grill until you wanted money for it :(
Sending to OZ would double the price sadly.

Good luck on the car sale. I have had many modded vehicles over 40+ years. Always ended up selling complete. Less hassles. I had my fun with them and took that into account. Next owner gets a good car for a fair price.

Reactions: Ash187
Everyone wanted your grill until you wanted money for it :(
Sending to OZ would double the price sadly.

Good luck on the car sale. I have had many modded vehicles over 40+ years. Always ended up selling complete. Less hassles. I had my fun with them and took that into account. Next owner gets a good car for a fair price.

Yeah it's funny that... It felt like there were vultures circling for parts and now that there is a price tag they all disappeared.
I'm not too fussed though, parts are listed on eBay and I'm in no Rush really. I listed up the car complete just to save me the hassle of buying standard replacement parts and giving the chance for someone to have a massive spec car without having to do the work... If anything il just have fun breaking it back down into parts and just list it all up on eBay.

Picked up the new car today so the a3 will be going into storage as I can't afford to insure both on the road.

This is what i just picked up today...
An Audi A5 sportback 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Tronic. lovely big spec and I'm sure i will change that soon enough

1620416_10155518424360508_9015432817237467688_n.jpg

Reactions: shadow1993, Jake 61, mister.c. and 1 other person
So the A5 seats are up for sale, these are the S-Line seats that have been professionally retrimmed in A3 style half leather/half Alcantara. The seats will go straight into an A3 Sportback - Sorry 3 door owners but no tilt on shoulder on these seats.
These are heated seats with electric lumbar support and extendable knee pads.
also included is the heated seats loom for any A3 that doesn't already have heated seats, i may also sell on the heated seats climate control unit with the chrome knobs for a pre-facelift A3 if i can swap them for your non heated version.
Seats are collection only from Dartford in Kent and i can also install them for you if you needed.
Selling them for £700 with the loom, pm me if interested.
I will also list them up on eBay if there are no takers.

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

The rear heated panels, wiring and switches will also be up for sale shortly along with the folding mirrors and the TTRS Chunky flat bottom steering wheel.

Last edited:
Just stripped out the rears so these are also for sale. Will go into any Audi A3 as far as I'm aware.
the base comes with the cushion as its stuck down and tied to the frame underneath it, a simple fabric/leather swap is needed for that. The seat backs need to be stripped down to fit these in. Comes complete with the cables and switches. Looking for £350 complete, collection only and again can install these for you.

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

Hey Ash, when you are selling the steering wheel gimme a shout?

would it fit a3 2.0tdi 2004 bkd?

The steering wheel is up for sale too, would do a deal on a swap if you have a MFSW.

No i just have the 4 spoke pos..
How much are you looking for it? How hard is it to get installed/ coded?
Would it work with my pioneer HU?

Is the TTRS steering wheel any thicker than my S3 wheel? If so would it be a straight fitment swap with airbags etc?

No i just have the 4 spoke pos..
How much are you looking for it? How hard is it to get installed/ coded?
Would it work with my pioneer HU?
I would need to source a replacement for the steering wheel before i can send it out to you. will fit in your car and will work with a pioneer, i have a pioneer in the A3 that its coming out of. Its easy enough to fit and code however if you don't have MF wheel already and drive a manual car then you would probably need the F module steering module to allow the MF to work. If I'm selling with the Airbag then i would want £650.

Is the TTRS steering wheel any thicker than my S3 wheel? If so would it be a straight fitment swap with airbags etc?

Yes the TTRS wheel is the thicker chunky version. straight swap for your wheel, you can retain your airbag and loom.

Mine is a manual so I'm assuming the shift paddles can be simply removed?

How much are you looking for just the wheel or are you interested in a swap?

There are no paddle shifts... my A3 is also a manual and the TTRS is the only car that had the chunky wheel with a manual gearbox.
Id let the wheel go for £450 + postage. Your airbag will fit directly in so it would be a swap from your current wheel.

here is a pic of the wheel:

4c7f809b.jpg

It certainly looks a nice little upgrade but I'm afraid £450 is a bit rich for me.

Good luck with your sales.

Reactions: grchmason
When I upgraded my MINI Cooper S with a more chunky alcantara JCW wheel I paid £200 so if I'm honest that's a similar figure I feel a second hand steering wheel is worth to me.