Do I sell?????

S3 AEX

Reaction score
Rite lads my S3's up for sale but I'm in really in two minds what to do. I'm only selling to get something more family orientated an spacious for the kids. If we go out with kids on there bikes or little break then we have to take two cars or hire cos we just can't get all the stuff in my S3 or her mk4 golf.
Now don't get me wrong if the golf was worth owt it'd be gone but it's not, so the poor S3 an me are the ones in the firing line.

Now I've been looking at freelander hst (top spec) and I like them but it's not an S3 an I'm an S3 kinda guy, I've just polished and cleaned all interior today and had bushes on front done an it's crying at me not to sell.(it looks mint)

Please someone do I sell for the gain of the family or keep for my own selfish pleasure?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415141454252095
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415141466752298
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415141479952512

Easy!!!! Sell this S3 and get a Sportback version!

That's what I did, although with an A4 in the middle for a couple of years.

Reactions: UV-RS3, RedDejavu and S3 AEX
Keep it and buy a cheapo Volvo or something that you will only use a few times a year. :idea:

Reactions: AlexA4Avant and S3DUST
I've got a kid Charlie with 12k waiting for me to sell it but I just can't do it a min mate. I know if I sell it I'll be gutted driving our lass's golf pd an she's in the freelander or range sport which ever I choose!!! I'm gonna go drive my mates freelander HST Friday hopefully that puts me off, non compare to the audi I know that much.

If only my choice was our lass or kelly brook! EASY

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
Easy!!!! Sell this S3 and get a Sportback version!

That's what I did, although with an A4 in the middle for a couple of years.
+1 sell and get the sportback.

I would have thought with 12k (I assume thats the price you have been offered) you could easily afford an A4 estate quattro??

Keep and upgrade your rear lights to my11 versions to help you feel better about your decision :idea:

Been here.

Whilst SUV's have their place most of the time they aren't used to their full capacity. We've always managed with a five door hatchback or an estate (to be honest the BMW only has lots of room in the back when the rear seats are folded down). So I find that even the BMW and S3 can't cope with 5 persons and luggage if going on holiday. However, stick some roof bars on the top and there is all manner of stuff you can put on the roof for that holiday scenario or if going away for the weekend with bikes etc. The roof can only hold so much weight but, we've found that a decent roof box (we have a BMW gotten cheap from ebay) and bike racks (Audi ones)? fit both our BMW and S3.

One scenario where SUV's come into their own is the weight that they can tow. So they make ideal towing vehicles whilst being able to cope with a full house and associated luggage.

So S3 sportback with roof rails should sort most peoples needs. There was also a thread where a guy had fitted a tow bar to an S3 (it cost over £1000) but, enabled him to carry x number of bikes.

Reactions: nrm1969, S3DUST and S3 AEX
Don't sell it !

I sold the missus C4 grand picasso (7 seater mpv) for the S3 lol

We have 6 kids in total, 4 that live us so we have to take two cars when out as a family.

I can honestly say if you like driving do not get a mpv 4x4 or anything that resembles it. you will hate putting fuel in them ! our C4 did 25mpg ! so less than the S3 and the 0-60 was calculated on a calendar rather than a stopwatch !

My wife was not impressed when i PXd that dreary pile of automotive poop, but after 1 week of driving the S3 she would not go back... she was running the C4 everyday for school runs and commute to work etc.

Also as others have said with the back seats up they really arnt big, infact you struggle to get anything in the 1 ft of boot space that remains.

The roof box is a perfect solution ;) and you only cart it around a few times a year when needed....

What you need is the new S3 saloon :D

I guarantee at first you will feel a little hmm its a nice comfy car and is sensible bla bla but after a few weeks when you feel like haveing a late night blast for that essential pint of milk that is urgently required, you will come back and say what have i done :( and promptly burst into tears lol

Reactions: S3 AEX
Roof box and push the boat out for sliding roof bars so you can load bikes more easily.

Reactions: S3 AEX
Don't sell as it would be a massive shame. I have an a4 avant. I still have to use roof bars and a roof box well worth the investment. I had a freelander was useful but the boots aren't that big just tall.

Reactions: Alex jb and S3 AEX
The freelander is good for plugging around and a work horse to and from work but your s3 boot footprint may be bigger. Selling sites on facebook may prove fruitful. Got Thule roof bars for £15 big roofbox for 40 or try eBay. Tesco were selling bike racks special sale misus treated me 8.50 from 40 quid

Thanks for all the help guys an the car stays will be upgrading next year to a sport back tho.

Reactions: S3DUST, Compkiler and leshkin