What have you done to your 8V today?

Why didnt you just buy a ****** track car....or one of them gas guzzling yankee cars with a V8/700 BHP....??? would have been a lot cheaper

Actually, the cost is still less than a midspec S3. And why buy a car and not actually use it properly?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan Halen
*** only 4k miles in a year almost...............i've had mine's 7 months and just done 4k miles and it hardly moves.....lol.....car sounds excellent mate
if i ever go to scotland that will add like 1500+! so im saving myself lol, and res delete making it sound bob on :thumbs up:
you still going to work in yours? or do you just avoid doing that when all the winter grit is about?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ahem... just clocked 27k after 16 months...

Reactions: MattSedg, Tom.H and Leevr
Saw a link in your vid, why does this guy do this??? Crazy!

Saw this bloke attempt to climb Canary Wharf Tower many years ago, in the rain...had to be rescued by window cleaning lift, after being "stuck" at one point 3/4 of the way up for over an hour :wtf:

Reactions: S32B
Picked up my new S3 sportback tea time yesterday. Within 24 hours I've

Fitted the red rings on the vents
Fitted the MST elbow and pipe
Fitted paddle shifter extensions
Having res delete fitted tomorrow

Booked in for stage 1 and TCU upgrade @unicorn on the 29th
Ordered obdeleven

Loving the car. Fee things I miss from my previous cars id like to have but glad to have a bit of pace .

One thing I'm struggling with. I've already entered the myaudi pin. But my phone and car don't appeared to have paired

Reactions: NevMan and Marky-s3
Picked up my new S3 sportback tea time yesterday. Within 24 hours I've

Fitted the red rings on the vents
Fitted the MST elbow and pipe
Fitted paddle shifter extensions
Having res delete fitted tomorrow

Booked in for stage 1 and TCU upgrade @unicorn on the 29th
Ordered obdeleven

Loving the car. Fee things I miss from my previous cars id like to have but glad to have a bit of pace .

One thing I'm struggling with. I've already entered the myaudi pin. But my phone and car don't appeared to have paired
what paddle extensions did you buy im struggling to find some nice ones for my 2014

Reactions: boydyski
Trim was "lifting" on either side and in the middle. The Audi official fix is to change the complete door-card for a new one but as these trims are held on with 3M VHT I thought to just repair it myself. Soooo not interested in dealing with any Audi dealerships...

IMG 5856 IMG 5865 IMG 5868 IMG 5871

Reactions: Leevr, jungle650, TonkS3 and 2 others
Just worked out 2127miles in 7 months ownership today. Second owner. 23011 miles total. I need to use it more.
Do yourself a favour and don't work out the cost per mile so far lol

Reactions: Leevr
They look like they only fit over the small OEM paddles, so won’t fit any S3s that have the RS style larger silver paddles.

Like these:
b1d0b26c6e576de9073da8bd1e394ad1.jpg

if i ever go to scotland that will add like 1500+! so im saving myself lol, and res delete making it sound bob on :thumbs up:
you still going to work in yours? or do you just avoid doing that when all the winter grit is about?
Never going to use the car for work again mate working on getting a start with another outfit that supplies transport Always

Reactions: NevMan and MattSedg
What have I done.. go to the petrol station again, 7th time since Sunday lol.

Done just over 1000 miles since Monday morning ... lots of car time.

Reactions: NevMan, Leevr, MattSedg and 1 other person
They look like they only fit over the small OEM paddles, so won’t fit any S3s that have the RS style larger silver paddles.

Like these:
b1d0b26c6e576de9073da8bd1e394ad1.jpg

thats what i have, im struggling to find some to fit these. I assumed they were all the same.

Bigger paddles here too.
The FL S3s get the smaller paddles, the larger silver paddles are now reserved for the RS3.
They can be changed though, some people on this forum have bought the larger silver ones from Audi as they are direct swap.

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
What have I done.. go to the petrol station again, 7th time since Sunday lol.

Done just over 1000 miles since Monday morning ... lots of car time.

Haha, always good to get lots of car time, hard on the wallet though, more so if using v power or ultimate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schroth Quick Fit Pro harness installed, now can use the Hans device along with AudiSport brake cooling ducting.
72db6c025cc8ce0932d8ecbdb0df21e8.jpg
b905d56c2ddc047b02fa518a31ef2df4.jpg
088411c52702f4dca037ae1562d983de.jpg
2dbd4343a44065302e54026a653fdda2.jpg
eeee968177c8d7e856a0722b3fbffc7a.jpg

Hey @rcnacura I'm about to install the RS3 air guide to my S3 as well, just wondering what brakes are you using and all clearance checked out from lock to lock? And does you car has the stamped steel arms or casted aluminum version? People over at the R forum saying it needs modifications?

Hey @rcnacura I'm about to install the RS3 air guide to my S3 as well, just wondering what brakes are you using and all clearance checked out from lock to lock? And does you car has the stamped steel arms or casted aluminum version? People over at the R forum saying it needs modifications?
No clearance issues, weird they would need modifications as RS3 brakes are usually bigger than A/S3 variants. I have Stoptech ST40's bbk. Looks like I have the aluminum forks.

Haha, always good to get lots of car time, hard on the wallet though, more so if using v power or ultimate
Haha yeah, though also difficult as was around the Lake District / Yorkshire Dales area and had to plan when and where I got fuel haha. At one point unless went on like a long detour to get 97/99RON, I had to put in standard 95 (which was still expensive enough from the BP which had no ultimate!).

So lots of visiting the petrol station but not always for fuel tanks as rather not pay £1.39 or something at a Shell for a full tank when later in the day would be visiting Costco at £1.21 or whatever!

Though spending 9 hours in the car on Tuesday was probably enough, albeit not a bad place to be really in the 8V :)

Washed it.

Jb4 upgrade and pipercross panel coming soon!

Attachments

• F246BC9D-D2F7-47CC-9DF8-2501578C3769.jpeg
    F246BC9D-D2F7-47CC-9DF8-2501578C3769.jpeg
    825.3 KB · Views: 252
  • FB8087CE-3855-4556-B7F0-C78E218D6728.jpeg
    FB8087CE-3855-4556-B7F0-C78E218D6728.jpeg
    740.7 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: Jud, oli356, Marky-s3 and 1 other person
Very shiny mate. Gutted my diffuser was split. Hopefully I get the replacement soon. Old one went back this afternoon.
Washed it.

Jb4 upgrade and pipercross panel coming soon!
Very shiny mate. Gutted my diffuser was split. Hopefully I get the replacement soon. Old one went back this afternoon. Definitely help finish the back end off. Milltek is subtle until 3k revs, then it's great.

Very shiny mate. Gutted my diffuser was split. Hopefully I get the replacement soon. Old one went back this afternoon.

Very shiny mate. Gutted my diffuser was split. Hopefully I get the replacement soon. Old one went back this afternoon. Definitely help finish the back end off. Milltek is subtle until 3k revs, then it's great.

Did they make you part with any cash for the new one?

I’d love an exhaust system, but baby Boyd is
on the way so I’ll have to carry on enjoying my little res delete!

Did they make you part with any cash for the new one?

I’d love an exhaust system, but baby Boyd is
on the way so I’ll have to carry on enjoying my little res delete!
No direct swap, just had to fork out for return postage. My babies are 25 and 21 so no issues this end. Grandson likes it when I put the foot down. Keeps asking if we can go fast.

Made some Audi-Sport.net number plate covers ready for Audi's in the Park (hope you don't mind @Sandra)

1mVzln2.jpg

wqfhhl3.jpg

Was a little bit harder to get it to show with the front one

q5zYlkB.jpg

Reactions: TYb, MattSedg, Dunedin and 2 others
@Tom.H did you print that image?

Not printed, I cut the Audi-Sport.net logo and stuck that on some foam board, then stuck the blue and black over the top to give it the 3D effect :grinning:

Last edited:
Not printed, I cut the Audi-Sport.net logo and stick that on some foam board, then stuck the blue and black over the top to give it the 3D effect :grinning:
Ok Tom.

Just don’t print copies of the Audi-sport.net logos, they are our logos and copyrighted

Ah, sorry :flushed:

Are you happy for me to put them on the car at AITP? Don't want to upset any of the ASN team :thumbs up:

Not the 8v but my A5 :)

Took the winter rubber mats out and put in the summer mats:

IMG 5559
IMG 5560

Reactions: V6_Man, Sandra, NevMan and 3 others