What have you done to your 8V today?

Arrived in Lisbon today from Bologna:racer:. Took 3 days. 1400miles door to door. Car was fully packed to the brim and still managed 60mpg as an average over the trip. Well pleased with her performance , over 600miles to the tank means only filled up 3 times too. :yahoo:Cruise was on at 80mph most of the trip, so many times i wish i had adaptive cruise, defo 1st on my list for any future car i buy... today i will be cleaning her as the front is caked in flies and other insects! Monsoon grey is such a good colour though for no effort maintenance. from a few feet she looks pristine!

IMG 4867
IMG 4874

Last edited:
Reactions: tele2050, A3_Portugal, MattSedg and 4 others
Installed a remus catback exhaust! (A3 1.4 tfsi Sline)
1f1cf052 1a6c 448e b612 2750d4e43afd

Reactions: David McQueen, Fiddie, Ormesome and 1 other person
Arrived in Lisbon today from Bologna:racer:. Took 3 days. 1400miles door to door. Car was fully packed to the brim and still managed 60mpg as an average over the trip. Well pleased with her performance , over 600miles to the tank means only filled up 3 times too. :yahoo:Cruise was on at 80mph most of the trip, so many times i wish i had adaptive cruise, defo 1st on my list for any future car i buy... today i will be cleaning her as the front is caked in flies and other insects! Monsoon grey is such a good colour though for no effort maintenance. from a few feet she looks pristine!

View attachment 129845 View attachment 129846

car looks blue mate sure you drove the right on??????????

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Ormesome
Well, I didn't do it but someone kindly added a "Go faster" dent on my car over the weekend. Fuming would be an understatement!!!

I spend WAY too long looking for "safe" car parking spaces, spent a fortune on a detail and ceramic coating (which probably saved the paint from scratching!) and still within 3 months of ownership someone knocks into it. Presuming a careless ******* opening their door. Of course, never had an issue with this in the last car I had for 8 years!!

The pictures below don't show it too well. The black transfer has thankfully all come off easily, and no sign of paint scratch. The ceramic coating appears slightly blemished but pretty sure if I feel the need to return to perfection that will polish out easily. I am however left with the tiniest of tiny dents, which as you can imagine is doing my head in! Feeling thankful I managed to barter in the cosmetic repair insurance as part of my sale so will be getting that removed ASAP (it better be possible!!)

c4afe71e67ef799766bfc09b88eb63fb.jpg

Harder to see in this picture, but the dent is more apparent than the one above.

a954c9d79979a0d218d2b4fb039c9c46.jpg

Well, I didn't do it but someone kindly added a "Go faster" dent on my car over the weekend. Fuming would be an understatement!!!

I spend WAY too long looking for "safe" car parking spaces, spent a fortune on a detail and ceramic coating (which probably saved the paint from scratching!) and still within 3 months of ownership someone knocks into it. Presuming a careless ******* opening their door. Of course, never had an issue with this in the last car I had for 8 years!!

The pictures below don't show it too well. The black transfer has thankfully all come off easily, and no sign of paint scratch. The ceramic coating appears slightly blemished but pretty sure if I feel the need to return to perfection that will polish out easily. I am however left with the tiniest of tiny dents, which as you can imagine is doing my head in! Feeling thankful I managed to barter in the cosmetic repair insurance as part of my sale so will be getting that removed ASAP (it better be possible!!)

Harder to see in this picture, but the dent is more apparent than the one above.

Ouch! Downside is if it needs any paint, there goes the ceramic coating :pensive:

Ouch! Downside is if it needs any paint, there goes the ceramic coating :pensive:
Shouldn't need any paint thankfully, so the ceramic almost certainly saved me there!! Just hoping that the small dent can be put back to normal!

that should be really easy to access and sort out, but gets my goat. Seen so many threads recently were people have picked up damage without the guilty party stopping or passing details... sign of the times i guess. shame though

Reactions: glospete, Flying Scotsman, Steelster and 1 other person
Shouldn't need any paint thankfully, so the ceramic almost certainly saved me there!! Just hoping that the small dent can be put back to normal!

Is the black mark just a bit of paint transfer?

Picture makes it look like you have a black line along the wheel arch as well, thought that's what the damage was at first!

Is the black mark just a bit of paint transfer?

Picture makes it look like you have a black line along the wheel arch as well, thought that's what the damage was at first!
Yeah the black mark was just a transfer of whatever came in contact. I already have removed that so only the dent is to be taken care of. Waiting on a call from the insurance guys should be sorted ASAP will let you know how it goes! If for some bizarre reason they can't remove the dent I'll maybe just smash one on the other side to even it out :D

Reactions: Tom.H
IMG 4487

Reactions: Tristan2, AL_B, MattSedg and 4 others
New record acheived....The boring upside of trundling back from work behind lorries on A roads and perfect weather conditions.
IMG 8998

IMG 8999

IMG 9001

Reactions: AL_B, Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Finally got round to doing the front badge to match the rear!

KtsN9bJ.jpg

Reactions: Mike., robps3, Steelster and 3 others
Fitted Emmanuel Design springs and Vorsteiner VFF-103's !
0a3cd9b18c05a3f7ba1d2a5e6a0ff469.jpg
759852b3f9eea7e8ad490cf879fdc4f2.jpg
0e9dea62a668cdafa30340948d843aa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MickHumphrey, Fiddie, A3_Portugal and 3 others

View attachment 129845 View attachment 129846

Welcome to Portugal!
Tell me if you need anything.

Reactions: Ormesome
Welcome to Portugal!
Tell me if you need anything.

Obrigado pela mensagem. o senhor é de Lisboa? Sou ingles mas cresci cá então estou sempre a viajar da Inglaterra pra ca de carro! Por acaso o senhor não sabe alguém que faz coisas com o VCDS? ou algumas modificações no MMI? Estou á procura de alguém que pode instalar uma câmara de marcha traz, também instalar luzes no interior. Ate agora não encontrei ninguém cá em Portugal que faz estas coisas, mesmo na Audi disseram que não fazem nenhumas modificações. A única opção neste momento é fazer as modificações quando volto á Inglaterra, mas isso é esperar até Setembro!

took it down to our works yard to wash it and somebody we know borrowed a parking spot.....exclusive kingfisher or pelican blue? SQ5
Kingfisher

then slapped on some quattro stickers supplied by @Tom.H
Sticker

and finally cleaned the front seats/cockpit leathers ready to swissvax leather milk tomorrow

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Reactions: Rob2k68 and MattSedg
quite pleased with my rough eyeball placement!

Looks spot on mate, it's why I always like to centre the graphic in a box and cut to it with a straight edge, makes placement that little bit easier when you've got a nice straight edge to go by and know the graphic is dead centre!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and MattSedg
Looks spot on mate, it's why I always like to centre the graphic in a box and cut to it with a straight edge, makes placement that little bit easier when you've got a nice straight edge to go by and know the graphic is dead centre!
yeah that did help a lot :hi:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Don't judge me

In for 4 x PS4 tyres. Kwikfit were cheaper than Camskill! Hopefully my alloys don't suffer from the experience.
a33124ee6b4a8fc80c9002f8b8b64649.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattSedg, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Don't judge me

In for 4 x PS4 tyres. Kwikfit were cheaper than Camskill! Hopefully my alloys don't suffer from the experience.

Quick fit done my 4 tyres recently not a blemish on them, but l did emphasise not to damage any wheels as l would inspect them before l left there premises lol

Reactions: EmmaJ and Rob2k68
Reactions: MattSedg, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
It sure does and looks like a end of line model,with the exclusive paint job and them 20's on it
had a chat to the owner and his wife about exclusive colours and mentioned I know someone who has ordered a Porsche voodoo s3 saloon, said it will be smart (he deals in porsche parts i think)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
had a chat to the owner and his wife about exclusive colours and mentioned I know someone who has ordered a Porsche voodoo s3 saloon, said it will be smart (he deals in porsche parts i think)
Thanks mate l need a wee bit encouragement, it seems like years since l ordered it

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MattSedg
Haha LoL night time illumination and daytime runners are good .....

View attachment 130433
You've TOO MUCH MOOLA.... looks awesome mate, but having rear taillights on all the time does my head in.....why has no other new Audi got this ***, guess it's the electrician in me....hate leaving lights on unnecessarily lol

Reactions: David McQueen and Rob2k68
guess it's the electrician in me....hate leaving lights on unnecessarily lol

That's the Scottish in you lol

Rear fog lights do my head in, was driving behind some numpty in a Polo with their one on the other day! Was tempted to give them a bit of full beam LED goodness but didn't think they'd know why, opted for the overtake instead.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
You've TOO MUCH MOOLA.... looks awesome mate, but having rear taillights on all the time does my head in.....why has no other new Audi got this ***, guess it's the electrician in me....hate leaving lights on unnecessarily lol
freakin sparkies :whistle2::greedy dollars:

Reactions: Tom.H, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
That's the Scottish in you lol

Rear fog lights do my head in, was driving behind some numpty in a Polo with their one on the other day! Was tempted to give them a bit of full beam LED goodness but didn't think they'd know why, opted for the overtake instead.
Not at all...just think well l know..... The brightness/effectiveness of leds with constant use lose a lot of there luminosity lol just like me after 4 cans.....zzzzzzz lol

Reactions: Tom.H
Don't judge me

Did you let them do your wheel alignment too? I got 4 new tyres fitted by them two weeks ago and a wheel alignment too. They made a right balls of it having had two attempts at it. Ended up back to Audi to get it sorted.

Sprayed the lower grill black and repainted the quattro in silver, looking alot tidier than it did in silver yesterday after a quick clean.
79048ce8dda1bba8f1b12583d75f3082.jpg
cfc1cc59b1871da220b9e4adb6203e15.jpg

Reactions: Leevr, Matchman54, Steelster and 1 other person
Did you let them do your wheel alignment too? I got 4 new tyres fitted by them two weeks ago and a wheel alignment too. They made a right balls of it having had two attempts at it. Ended up back to Audi to get it sorted.
Yes I did. The steering wheel had been ever so slightly off center for ages. Seems much better after their alignment on the short drive I had afterwards.

I really need to get a mix of high speed motorway driving and some b-roads to be absolutely certain once the tyres are bedded in.

Reactions: Benji34