What have you done to your 8V today?

Got this today, it's a sun glasses holder but replaces the handle in the roof lining so fits nice against the roof... Will see how this works and might do other side as a handy storage area
These are great. I've got one of a similar design but I had to spray it black as it came a lighter colour for a white / grey headlining.

Handy product though!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and robps3
Got this today, it's a sun glasses holder but replaces the handle in the roof lining so fits nice against the roof... Will see how this works and might do other side as a handy storage area
Interested to see how this turns out as I have been looking for one.

Pulled over for a quick photo on the way home. They're not actually stuck on yet as I'm not sure what to make of them yet. (See above rear window)
ZZoN9ga

Reactions: surfacerocket and robps3
Interested to see how this turns out as I have been looking for one.

yeah ill fit it saturday and post a couple of pics of it fitted once ive done.

Reactions: azibux1 and DJAlix
Right all done

I'm happy with the finish and think it blends in nicely. There are a few imperfections as the can was running out and 'spitting' paint at the end but overall I'm not fussed as it's all dark inside anyway and not visible haha.

Also pulled off the lining before painting, didn't pay too much attention to how much plastic was visible before, so could have / should have pained a bit more of the inside (thought the lining covered more than it did), but again, not fussed as 99% of the time you won't see the inside haha

Fitting of the product seems good, I wouldn't say it is 100% as solid as the grab handles, understandable though since the clip mechanism is a Chinese copy.

8/10 overall to the product and my painting haha. Much better and more useful than the grab handle. Allows for easy switching between normal glasses and sunglasses

Will edit a link into here shortly...

EDIT: eBay item number 262504722320

Let me know what you think!

View attachment 97358 View attachment 97359 View attachment 97360 View attachment 97361

Here's mine @robps3 @DJAlix

Reactions: robps3
Pulled over for a quick photo on the way home. They're not actually stuck on yet as I'm not sure what to make of them yet. (See above rear window)View attachment 128347

is gloss lack, does it just extend the rear window up a bit. I dont hate them but ive always thought the S3 doesnt have very agressive looks. Where did purchase form i'll see if there any further photos

Reactions: Deepster
it just clips in doesnt it?
Yeah from memory... It's a type of push clip... So part of it goes up into the headlining... Then once in place you push the second part of the clip into the first part which makes it tight.

Reverse for removing the original of course... Need to prise out the centre part of the original clip (accessed by moving the handle down) then the main bit with the handle can be pulled out all in one go

That was the most difficult bit lol trying to find something to prise the original clip open without marking the plastic (as I wanted to keep it for future)

Think my Chinese copy of the clip wasn't quite as tight as the original audi one so I ended up bending it outwards a bit (will make sense when you see it) to make it fit better

Reactions: robps3

Ah, I was wondering about these. Do you have a part no?

Ah, I was wondering about these. Do you have a part no?

I can find it for you i left the box at work but im sure the part number was on the outside of the box

Reactions: Mark_86
d02d053b578daa2f948ad2214dd629ae.jpg

New addition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: azibux1 and Rob2k68
Brake enhancements today
EBC front and rear discs with EBC yellow stuff pads and EBC braided lines

13719a361353794d3d2dcf91691e84a2.jpg

389c78b11480e6665a969698e42970be.jpg

Modified S3

Reactions: Fiddie, 24styles, jungle650 and 7 others
Brake enhancements today
EBC front and rear discs with EBC yellow stuff pads and EBC braided lines

13719a361353794d3d2dcf91691e84a2.jpg

389c78b11480e6665a969698e42970be.jpg

Modified S3

Wow they look awesome !! Are the discs handed or do the arrows face the other way on the other side of the car ?

Also looks like you’ve left the shims off the rear pads ? .....

IMG 4199

Reactions: rcnacura and robps3
Fitted a BMS flush kit. 15mm front and 20mm rear. Looks better than OEM me thinks
9c27a50d0191ae2061c0e3acb513ba34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: robps3, Rob2k68 and azibux1
Car has gone in for its corrective detail today. Hopefully, if the weather stays nice, I'll be able to post some decent pics when I get the car back in a couple of days. :)

Reactions: Steelster, Tom.H and Rob2k68
Just showed the boy what launch control is like, his response was "epic"

Reactions: David McQueen, azibux1, AL_B and 3 others
First ever post! Hi everyone! Not many mods yet, added a Pipercross panel filter, some LED reverse bulbs and LED front indicator bulbs (glad I didn't have to take the bumper off to get at the headlights!). Also bought a black washer bottle cap which was for an Audi R8. I hoped it would fit. It certainly didn't. Returned and wondering if I should go for the Racingline billet one. Bit pricey though!

First ever post! Hi everyone! Not many mods yet, added a Pipercross panel filter, some LED reverse bulbs and LED front indicator bulbs (glad I didn't have to take the bumper off to get at the headlights!). Also bought a black washer bottle cap which was for an Audi R8. I hoped it would fit. It certainly didn't. Returned and wondering if I should go for the Racingline billet one. Bit pricey though!

hows the bulbs looking have they mad emuch difference? i remember doing a full swap on my R32 and it did make it look more modern but then that was a 06 plate

Reactions: Rob2k68
Rob, tricky to see the reverse bulbs but they do look better in cool white vs the standard warm white. I have replaced the interior ones also and they provide a much more modern look. The indicator bulbs are not very bright to be honest, fine at night but quite dim and very directional through the day. Might have to look at some better quality ones! BTW I also had an R32, MK5. Really miss that exhaust note!

Reactions: Benji34, Tom.H and robps3

Welcome to ASN !!

Pricy but great quality, see my post here :-

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/post-pics-of-your-a3-s3-8v-in-here.158398/page-158#post-3024456

Rob, tricky to see the reverse bulbs but they do look better in cool white vs the standard warm white. I have replaced the interior ones also and they provide a much more modern look. The indicator bulbs are not very bright to be honest, fine at night but quite dim and very directional through the day. Might have to look at some better quality ones! BTW I also had an R32, MK5. Really miss that exhaust note!
Yeah ive thought about changing mine i';ll have alook into it. Yeah i miss the V6, was a wonderful car I think with the S3 i blend into everyday life a little more. Still a great car but completely different to the R. Was you on R32oc?

Rob2k68, thanks. I have followed the progress of your car on here. Top work and a stunning S3.
Robps3, it was an amazing car. The S3 is way quicker, but the rush you got from that V6 is certainly missed! I was, didn't post much on there apart from when my engine went kaput and I had a huge bill to sort out! Gutted.
Tom.H, DBP, surely the only colour you can have an R32 in!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Well they finally came after the guy initially forgot to send them so got them fitted. Fairly decent colour match too as it happens.

Just brightens the cockpit up a bit.

F447FEE6-D897-492A-B772-2F64FF7CE1C7.jpg

C1E3A9EF-66F1-40B1-97E2-046D394294D9.jpg

515F5420-B6E4-4479-8ABA-1F834A5AA3DB.jpg

Reactions: Fiddie, azibux1, robps3 and 4 others
Love the look, especially with an Ara Blue car and ordered a set....Thanks Tom.H

Reactions: MattSedg and Tom.H
Well they finally came after the guy initially forgot to send them so got them fitted. Fairly decent colour match too as it happens.

Just brightens the cockpit up a bit.

F447FEE6-D897-492A-B772-2F64FF7CE1C7.jpg

C1E3A9EF-66F1-40B1-97E2-046D394294D9.jpg

515F5420-B6E4-4479-8ABA-1F834A5AA3DB.jpg

Have been looking at similar for when my car is delivered! Where from?

Good old eBay, just search Audi A3 vent rings :grinning:
they look good, i went with the red for the car colour, have you seen they do a ring for the steering wheel aswell... ive ordered a red but not sure if it might be overkill will see when it arrives

Reactions: Fiddie and Tom.H
IMG 4911
4 hours later and that's the decat on ! Hands left looking like i live with a heap of cats that don't like me. Full subframe drop job :confounded:

Reactions: Rob2k68
they look good, i went with the red for the car colour, have you seen they do a ring for the steering wheel aswell... ive ordered a red but not sure if it might be overkill will see when it arrives
Do you have the link? I've never seen that steering wheel ring!

Very strange but just got in from work and mine arrived.... Took two seconds to fit as it has tape on it but I'm not sure how long it will last on there...

Attachments

• 20170621_142314.jpg
    20170621_142314.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 20170621_142522.jpg
    20170621_142522.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 20170621_142512.jpg
    20170621_142512.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: MattSedg, Fiddie, AL_B and 1 other person