What have you done to your 8V today?

Funny you had that, my roof was similar this morning
View attachment 82211

Thank god I am not the only nutter taking pictures of a frosted car.

What protective coating you using? Have seen similar before with standard waxes but nothing as patterned as with the C2 stuff

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and OliS3
It was only a quick wash but I topped up using autoglm aqua wax which was surprisingly good. I'm not a autoglm fan at all but heard it was good for lube when drying and so it is

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Daveotto

What protective coating you using? Have seen similar before with standard waxes but nothing as patterned as with the C2 stuff

Nerds the lotta you!! lol

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68

As I got the car late November I just did a major clean and finished it off with autoglm hd wax and I'm just researching what to get next. Just wanted to get a coat on and hope that would last the winter.

I'm fairly new to detailing and since discovering foam guns, wheel sealant, grit guards, iron x etc I've really got into it and the autoglm stuff is now mainly being used up on the girlfriends car

Reactions: Daveotto and Rob2k68
Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Frickin A mate awesome work, as they say no pain no gain lol wish you a wee speedy recovery after the wee op
Is Daveotto getting the 'snip' :scared2: as well as his knee op Jassy.....:whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Daveotto
7e
Car looks great Tom but the tips are a disgrace mate.....................must try harder!! lol
ah I know run out of time! What people using the get them tips looking nice?

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
Frickin A mate awesome work, as they say no pain no gain lol wish you a wee speedy recovery after the wee op

Cheers mate.... Clean up had to be done, could not face looking at dirty car for a month....

must admit when I walked across the work car park this evening she was sitting by herself in the evening light and I did think "cracking job, she is looking good"...car did not look bad either.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
7e

ah I know run out of time! What people using the get them tips looking nice?
I used a rubber mallet.......Seriously I tapped them off to clean them...lol
I used a de-greaser called Jizer it was ideal to remove the tar spots then I had a go at buffing them up on a polishing wheel..This was ideal in getting rid of the black staining on the rim of the tips...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
autoglm stuff is now mainly being used up on the girlfriends car
emoji1.png

Autoglym is not so bad, often use the "high gloss protection" and "super resin polish" when I am short on time or the car needs a quick top up. Actually gave the car a quick super resin polish treatment, cleaned off with the orbital polisher, before I gave it the C2 coat yesterday.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Simon L
I used a rubber mallet.......Seriously I tapped them off to clean them...lol
I used a de-greaser called Jizer it was ideal to remove the tar spots then I had a go at buffing them up on a polishing wheel..This was ideal in getting rid of the black staining on the rim of the tips...:friends:

Jizer?? Are you for real........??!! lol

Reactions: Whitestar, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Jizer?? Are you for real........??!! lol
Yeah. I soaked them in Jizer for half an hour..All the sh**e just rinsed off with water...Did I do wrong??

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Yeah. I soaked them in Jizer for half an hour..All the sh**e just rinsed off with water...Did I do wrong??

You soaked em in jizer and all the sh*te came off..........................I don't even know where to start..............!!

Reactions: Whitestar, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
You soaked em in jizer and all the sh*te came off..........................I don't even know where to start..............!!
LOL...I'm lost now:scared2:

Reactions: Forbzeeee, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person
Lol I really want to say what I'm thinking .....

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Not going there..I'm trying ****** hard to be a gooooood boy..lol

Embrace the dark side you must my young one!! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Daveotto, pburv and 1 other person
Big thanks to Rob2k68!

After some VCDS work I have...

Oil temp on DIS
Visual reserve sensor display on MMI
Auto summertime on the GPS clock
Rear DRLs
DRLs turn off on 0
Exhaust flaps open

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Big thanks to Rob2k68!

After some VCDS work I have...

Oil temp on DIS
Visual reserve sensor display on MMI
Auto summertime on the GPS clock
Rear DRLs
DRLs turn off on 0
Exhaust flaps open

You're welcome mate - great to meet you !!

Bluefin on my 1.8T.
Definitely an improvement.

Reactions: pburv
I don't have a dyno close by my area, all i can gauge by is the cars ability to run up a certain 'private' piece of inclined tarmac.
And you know the urgency and speed reached is much better than when it wasn't mapped!
I'm pretty happy!
My choice was bluefin or dtuk, but a friends recent experience with another piggyback wasn't quite up to expectations so i decided on a flash.

Reactions: pburv
i almost cried.
when i got the S3, it was ruled as DO NOT EAT IN CAR!

this went well, and recently has now slipped down hill...so today when i got in the car to pop into town, i was greeted by the smell of sausage and chips, gravy, curry sauce and vinegar.
whilst it tasted good the night before, the say after smell is vile!

Damn it!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
i almost cried.
when i got the S3, it was ruled as DO NOT EAT IN CAR!

this went well, and recently has now slipped down hill...so today when i got in the car to pop into town, i was greeted by the smell of sausage and chips, gravy, curry sauce and vinegar.
whilst it tasted good the night before, the say after smell is vile!

Damn it!
Yer Mrs needs to change her diet lol
I suppose my situation is a bit unique l only drive it,l only sit in it,l don't eat or smoke in it.....l know it's only a car but........that's the way l am

Reactions: Simon L, SW14NY'S, pburv and 1 other person
Fitted a Blackvue DR650 dash cam. Not quite fully plumbed in yet as I was sent the wrong fuse taps but this is what I see of it when driving :-

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06 and OliS3
Is that it, sticking oot the side lol

Ha yes it is mate - almost completely in the shadow of the rear view mirror. Didn't want anything too obvious or distracting.

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Ha yes it is mate - almost completely in the shadow of the rear view mirror. Didn't want anything too obvious or distracting.
Hope it's at least 1080p lol
Good on ye Rob mate
It'll be this next then....eh....?

Images 1
in

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, OliS3 and 1 other person