What have you done to your 8V today?

Very nice jassy..What are your exhaust tips like? Are they pitted on the chrome?:friends:

l dont really get this Pitted lingidy....what is exactly is that...yeah they need a good polish but l never had the time mate to knock them off today and give them a good seeing too....lol
l used some werkstat prime on them a couple of weeks ago,it eventually got the worst of the soot off...and they washed up reasonably well all things considered

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SJ43
l dont really get this Pitted lingidy....what is exactly is that...yeah they need a good polish but l never had the time mate to knock them off today and give them a good seeing too....lol
l used some werkstat prime on them a couple of weeks ago,it eventually got the worst of the soot off...and they washed up reasonably well all things considered
When I took mine off I had a look at them under a microscope(not the 'CSI' type lol) but an inspection type..Any way the chrome around the bottom of the rim resembled 'swiss cheese' it really is a very poor chrome job on these tips....Will have a word with my dealer regarding warranty etc...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, SJ43, Simon L and 1 other person
When I took mine off I had a look at them under a microscope(not the 'CSI' type lol) but an inspection type..Any way the chrome around the bottom of the rim resembled 'swiss cheese' it really is a very poor chrome job on these tips....Will have a word with my dealer regarding warranty etc...:friends:

No mate l dont have have the Cheesey look on them....lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Nah no pitting on mine either!

Car looks awesome J!!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv

I'm impressed you stayed off the sauce long enough to get the car done mate!!

Mine's got bird sh*te all over the front grill so gonna be getting amongst that tomorrow!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv

Mine's got bird sh*te all over the front grill so gonna be getting amongst that tomorrow!! lol
Ha Ha Judging from your avatar you like a touch of the 'Amber Nectar' yourself Simon..:whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Gave mine a 3 hour seeing too !!! ......

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Forbzeeee, Ozmosis and 13 others
Ha Ha Judging from your avatar you like a touch of the 'Amber Nectar' yourself Simon..:whistle2:

Me?? Never.......................:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
Please elaborate Rob Walker l haven't a clue what ye meant in yer post pal lol

Yes mate. The front suspension spring upper coil sits inside a cup the inside of this cup is a steel bearing so that the coil doesn't turn against a rubber surface. Then above this bearing cup is a bigger cup made of fairly solid rubber - the shock absorber bolts to this then the top cup (the upper strut mount) bolts to the body via 3 bolts to the inner wing.

Holy sh*tballs mate, they are hands down the best pics I've seen of your motor!! Absolutely sensational (really) :)

Nice one buddy ;o)

Thought I'd try and up my game with the pics to make it worthy of the hard graft spent on it this afternoon. Get little lad to bed then it's cider 'O' clock for me !!!!

BTW who mentioned cheesy tips ?????

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Yes mate. The front suspension spring upper coil sits inside a cup the inside of this cup is a steel bearing so that the coil doesn't turn against a rubber surface. Then above this bearing cup is a bigger cup made of fairly solid rubber - the shock absorber bolts to this then the top cup (the upper strut mount) bolts to the body via 3 bolts to the inner wing.

Nice one buddy ;o)

Thought I'd try and up my game with the pics to make it worthy of the hard graft spent on it this afternoon. Get little lad to bed then it's cider 'O' clock for me !!!!

BTW who mentioned cheesy tips ?????

It was worth the effort matey, now enjoy yer cider and no sniffing cheesy tips or you'll get locked up!! lol

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
@jassyo06
l dont really get this Pitted lingidy....what is exactly is that...

Hopefully you can see an example off minor pitting on my chrome pipes below around the rim... 1500miles old and is likely to only get worse, which is pretty **** poor.
IMG 3304
IMG 3303

@pburv

Good Luck mate... went to the stealers today and was fogged off and told it will happen and to use meguiars NXT metal polish :wtf:

they'll tell you anything to not ensure they don't have to payout...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
I had mine cleaned at my local shopping centre.
Not sure I'll ever bother to clean it myself.
Not taken a pic of it yet either.....

Reactions: Jassyo06
I had mine cleaned at my local shopping centre.
Not sure I'll ever bother to clean it myself.
Not taken a pic of it yet either.....

Try and curb that enthusiasm of your's Craig...its a bit overwhelming....lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, sjbarneS3, pburv and 1 other person
Put the dog in the back. Let her roll around on the seats.
Drove her around plymouth sight seeing. That's her idea of a walk not mine.

Ate some McDonald's. She did too. Left the wrappers and slobber on the seats.

Moved some boxes from my house to another house. To another garage.

Generally made the interior look like a waste bin. Couldn't really care less tbh...

Oh wait no. That's the other car. The Mrs wracked up 120 miles to go work today in the s3!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Another one of mine...............yeah I know it looks like one I took last time round but it is today honest............. lol

INDUSTRIAL_zps6ie3gwk8.jpg

Reactions: Forbzeeee, PanamaS3, Pinky1959 and 7 others
@jassyo06

Hopefully you can see an example off minor pitting on my chrome pipes below around the rim... 1500miles old and is likely to only get worse, which is pretty **** poor.
View attachment 81861 View attachment 81862

@pburv

Good Luck mate... went to the stealers today and was fogged off and told it will happen and to use meguiars NXT metal polish :wtf:

they'll tell you anything to not ensure they don't have to payout...

Bit embarrassed to say this, me being Jassy the anal detailer...but its first time l have ever cleaned me ....tips proper like, with some Gtechniq metal polish,
DSC 0266
no pits on me ends...lol a didn't even get me ends off..... Lol

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jiten C, pburv and 2 others
Try and curb that enthusiasm of your's Craig...its a bit overwhelming....lol

I'll still take proper care of the wife's, it's getting a good clean tomorrow.
They do a pretty good job at the centre too, although never to my exacting standards, but the time it gives me back is the win.
We go in for a brunch or a morning coffee and come back from that and the cars (pretty much) clean.
Almost win, win.

Reactions: Pinky1959 and Jassyo06
Another one of mine...............yeah I know it looks like one I took last time round but it is today honest............. lol

INDUSTRIAL_zps6ie3gwk8.jpg
Aye just in time for the wedding season picking up.....lol,....aye you Daytona boys have been hard at it the past 2 days.......................

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Aye just in time for the wedding season picking up.....lol,....aye you Daytona boys have been hard at it the past 2 days.......................

Ain't got time for weddings mate, too busy taxiing me daughter here there and everywhere!!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68

Right then, here goes ......

Gyeon Q2M Snow foam
Gyeon Q2M Bathe+ shampoo (inc under bonnet)
Sonax Extreme wheel cleaner
Auto Finesse Revitalise Refine (3 with pink pad) DA applied to the front
Gyeon Q2M Cure to finish the paintwork
CarPro TarX to inside of the wheel rims
Nanolex Tire Restorer to the tyres
Swissvax Seal Feed Fluid to the exterior rubber
Gtechniq M1 Metal Polish to the exhaust tips.

....... Phew !!!

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Bit embarrassed to say this, me being Jassy the anal detailer...but its first time l have ever cleaned me ....tips proper like, with some Gtechniq metal polish,View attachment 81930 no pits on me ends...lol a didn't even get me ends off..... Lol
You know you aint tryin hard enuf if you aint got your tips off:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Simon L
All the S3 pics, I need one! Can't decide if prefer saloon to sportback!

Was behind a filthy 15 plate Daytona SB on way home from work, the sound!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Given it a good wash!

Reactions: Fiddie, Simon L and Rob2k68
Oh and ordered these New to audits can't wait to start modifying

Reactions: PanamaS3, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Right then, here goes ......

Gyeon Q2M Snow foam
Gyeon Q2M Bathe+ shampoo (inc under bonnet)
Sonax Extreme wheel cleaner
Auto Finesse Revitalise Refine (3 with pink pad) DA applied to the front
Gyeon Q2M Cure to finish the paintwork
CarPro TarX to inside of the wheel rims
Nanolex Tire Restorer to the tyres
Swissvax Seal Feed Fluid to the exterior rubber
Gtechniq M1 Metal Polish to the exhaust tips.

....... Phew !!!
Awesome mate av been trying to get the Gyeon Cure Q2m and the bathe plus but lts out of stock at the moment was also going to go down the gtechniq snow foam route but at £35 bangers l think not

Aye it's a ****** to clean a car sozzled lol but ye just have to go on instinct

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Rob2k68
Pre op 3 hour clean....knees are ###### killing me now.

From this

To this

And from this

To this

Reactions: Forbzeeee, Gazjs, Jassyo06 and 7 others
Re read my last post.

Yup. That again.
Next week she is taking the other car to work. I haven't driven the s3 in weeks now! Damn woman.

Although I've decided to get the turbo techs intake hose rather than the cts!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Noticed some very interesting frost patterns this morning after giving the car a coat of gtechniq c2 liquid crystal.....

Reactions: Rob2k68
Funny you had that, my roof was similar this morning
Uploadfromtaptalk1456772656792

Reactions: Forbzeeee, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person