What have you done to your 8V today?

eBay for about £15.00 I got mine from Ali express direct from China £5.00 plus postage £7.71 all in

Reactions: zippster
Not sure I'd like them fixed onto my bonnet. Won't they ****** up the paintwork? LOL

Not as much as the deposit left on my car last night while I was at my daughters graduation

Reactions: Rob2k68, MattSedg, glospete and 1 other person
Forked out £159.00 for first oil service. Guy at Audi said it didnt need it tbh as its just a year old and has 2400 on clock. I said I would prefer to have oil changed yearly as I am old school but wondering now if I should have saved the money:blink:

Reactions: Rob2k68
No you can't skip it, no matter what mileage you do. Else your service record will be incomplete and Audi can/will turn funny about warranty work. And it'll make selling the car more of a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68, SRT and pburv
No you can't skip it, no matter what mileage you do. Else your service record will be incomplete and Audi can/will turn funny about warranty work. And it'll make selling the car more of a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It will also effect any future 'good will' gestures you might be entitled to in the future...:yes:

Reactions: Rob2k68, SRT and glospete
Yes I agree tbh but the Audi chap seemed to think it could wait until next year:blink:
I said I would be happier with yearly oil change although when an Audi person says its ok for two years kind of gets you thinking:readit:
Next year will be oil + inspection = £££

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Yes I agree tbh but the Audi chap seemed to think it could wait until next year:blink:
I said I would be happier with yearly oil change although when an Audi person says its ok for two years kind of gets you thinking:readit:
Next year will be oil + inspection = £££
The first thing I asked before picking my car up was to get the dealer to change the servicing to an annual service schedule..
long service schedules was only introduced for fleet owners to keep their costs down..Having old oil in your engine really leads to a lot of trouble further down the line..:friends:

Reactions: Scottyg, glospete, SRT and 1 other person
Fitted some 8P nostalgia ....

IMG 0063

Reactions: Jassyo06, Max-Robbo, pburv and 6 others
Puddle lights fitted..plug and play, 5 mins to do..not 100% sure about them, will give it a week or so

At sunset

As street lights come on

Still not fully dark, and they are very bright

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
Think these come as standard on the facelift :)
Not with Audi written on?, just the rings?

Mine came with these from new, have others had these on 2016 cars?

20160627_215546_zpso95oeqft.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Daveotto and Rob2k68
Not with Audi written on?, just the rings?

Mine came with these from new, have others had these on 2016 cars?

20160627_215546_zpso95oeqft.jpg
I mean the facelift S3/A3, don't think they are on the roads yet!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
How hard is that to fit?

As long as you're careful not to push the button in then it's pretty straight forward no more than half hour - if you press the button in then it's a right PITA having to make the tool to release it - happened to me twice!!

Think these come as standard on the facelift :)

That's right the 4 ring Audi beam puddle light is now standard on the F/L - not sure if you can get the quattro version though.

Reactions: pburv
I like these Daveotto. Do you have to already have the interior light package before you can install these?
Yes you have to have lights at the bottom of your doors already , other than that its a far bigger job requiring removal of door cards and adding wires etc

As I posted elsewhere I added the genuine Audi red vents
20160714_190412_zpsxuli4ie9.jpg

20160714_190422_zpsizystuew.jpg

Reactions: zippster, pburv, Gordo77 and 3 others
Just the S3 variant or all models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm I'm not sure to be honest defo the S3 might be worth checking out the F/L thread or having a look on the configurator.

Just the S3 variant or all models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon* they might be part of the interior LED light package, at least normal white lights at the bottom of the doors. The projection rings can replace the standard lights as said above.

*hope

Rob are they simple plug and play?

Yes mate if you have the interior light pack that has the lights in the doors already then you're in business.

Reactions: pburv and batch
One thing to note... on a genuine audi parts website I spotted ones with a 'wide connector' and 'narrow connector' so there is some difference I think

Reactions: Gordo77, batch and Jassyo06
Spent the $7 bucks to add a 2nd grocery bag hook to my trunk. Don't like how the strap on it is double the size of the hook preinstalled in the car but I'll deal with it.

20160716_121848.jpg

20160716_121734.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Spent the $7 bucks to add a 2nd grocery bag hook to my trunk. Don't like how the strap on it is double the size of the hook preinstalled in the car but I'll deal with it.

20160716_121848.jpg

20160716_121734.jpg
Golden Mate Golden cheapest MOD of the year so far....Not like the rest of the Vins and Pauls on this thread...lol

Reactions: gamegenie and Rob2k68
Just installed the catch can the other day and already accumulated a bunch of stuff as expected. Nice piece of mind add on.

894c18e0a7d3fbf6e7453f1996db8566.jpg

struggled washing the car today, the ceramic/hydrophobic coating wouldn't allow water or snow foam to stick! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: 3rd world problems right here!!

Attachments

• IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 173
Reactions: Max-Robbo, Rob2k68 and MattSedg